***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 2 May 2009

Good Morning and Happy Weekend Everybody

It will be a good one here as it is a long weekend for May Day Bank Holiday :-) The weather looks bright and like it is going to be cheerful, fingers crossed, hope nobody has ordered the usual UK Bank Holiday rain ?

I have got some mighty big plans for this weekend I do hope I fit it all in! I must be excited as I went to sleep at 1.30am dreaming of a nice Saturday lie-in until little DS gets up at about 7 ish (well I did say dreaming of a lie-in). BUT I had an attack of insomnia waking at 4.30 am, couldn't get back to sleep so came downstairs of a cup of tea and hey, I am still here!

Why the excitement, I hear you ask, I have decided to become Barbara Good from 'The Good Life' . I am going to pull out my old dungarees (to look the part) and *make* our garden grow some organic vegetables . However , like Barbara I don't really have much of a clue but surely it can't be that difficult, can it? I'll just plant them in amongst the flowers and hope for the best, well , should I say hope I don't poison us all by doing that ! I have some little seed pots to start some of them off but others can go straight into the ground. I am really hoping growing some veg ourselves will encourage DS to fancy eating it a bit more, will it work , do you think ;-) ? Oh NO ! I have just realised that I have forgotten the all important potatos! I am right into the idea of natural alternatives , so is my neighbour - I think , as I saw them pouring what looked awfully like cooking oil of some variety into their car the other day..... no, I am NOT that naturally alternative !!


Photobucket



For the other time, I am off to a Farmers Market this morning and going on a hunt for the April issue of Quiltmania, the one with BBD in and Potatos now , of course. I plan to get back to my Brenda Keyes sampler (once I have scrubbed my hands of soil) as I can tell my stamina is waning with me not stitching as fast as I would like. I haven't picked it up in a few weeks ! I must summons up 'my stitching stamina' like you all seem to possess, can anybody loan me some ? I also have Mount Ironmore to plough my through, thing is if I start that bang will go the whole weekend as there is that much........ maybe I will just phone the Iron Ladies instead. So we will see what happens to my intentions as DD and DS have intentions of their own, of the Sleepover variety and a trip out somewhere nice!!



Here are some nice grainy wobbly pictures taken with my camera before it went totally caput , modeled by The Winter Fairy who has been re-visiting this past week! She has packed her bags and gone until December seen as I made her work ;-)


Photobucket



This was the BELIEVE freebie from the lovely Tanya .


Photobucket



I stitched it 1 over 1 , left off the snowflake bits and made up the border round the design . I cannot remember the linen or thread colours I used but they were Dark Brown, Green and Deep Red.


Photobucket



I used some Organza ribbon for the hanger and another couple of bits and bobs to pretty it up , it is really small and I love it :)



While I remember seen as I have mentioned her earlier ...... Brenda Keyes who owns 'The Sampler Company' has a website , not only can you see her wonderful designs here but she sells other interesting things including some one-off ready stitched samplers and the most gorgeous Sampler Hearts. Go have a look by clicking on her logo below :-)))




Enjoy :-)


P.S. Does my blog display correctly to you all? Are all 5 pictures in one line across? I had not realised until I was at a friends the other day that there had been a problem with how it looked for months as it always looked fine on my computer. I hope it is fixed now, I have got my html errors down from 87 to only 15 :) Thanks again Leena for helping me and keep looking.

20 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Helen, hi there,
Not only does your blog display correctly but it displays in all it's Springlike glory. Sad that pretty little Winter fairy has to go into hibernation but, I can see why she has to make way for the big plans that are germinating in your neck of the woods! Good luck with the veg, Barbara :>)

I love the way you finished off Tanya's ornament. That word is my all time favourite - it packs such a punch for a little 7 letter word. The finish is beautiful.

Just off to investigate TSC I love Brenda's designs and have all her books!
Hugs Angela

By the way - aren't you too young to remember Barbara Good :>)

11:31 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

blog is fine with the 5 pictures across. :D Love your fairy with your stitched piece! And I love the Sampler Company too! I'm going to have to make sure that I have that bookmarked! Have fun playing in the garden!

1:56 pm  
Blogger Carol R said...

Your blog always looks perfect to me Helen but then us Mackies rule!

Great photos of 'Believe' - love your interpretation.

I tried growing potatoes (in patio bags) and tomatoes in grow bags last year but they were not a great success. Far more trouble than they were worth - by the time I paid out for the patio bags, grow bags, compost and the seed potatoes and the tomato plants, the crop must have been the most expensive ever! Don't think I will bother this year!

2:07 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Your blog always looks wonderful to me! Just wished mine looked as good lol. xx

2:08 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love how you stitched Tanya's Believe, and your personal touches make it so special. Your Winter Fairy is very nice!

Good luck with your gardening. Any vegetable home grown tastes so much better than you buy in the store.

I think your blog looks very nice. The pictures show up all in a row vertically on my computer.

2:32 pm  
Blogger Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

First, your blog display is perfect! All five pics are nicely lined up! Love the little "Believe" you finished - it's really cute. I love the picture of your vegetables and I hope your gardening efforts produce lots of yummies this summer!

2:47 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

I love your little ornie! And good luck turning those seeds into plants! My green thumb is purple :)

3:17 pm  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, what a nice little ornament you made out of Tanya's freebie. Very creative and so beautiful.
I love Brenda Keyes' samplers very very much abd have litted several of them. I just need to start my first. Looking forward to seeing yours.
Good luck with your gardening!

3:42 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

You are so clever, Helen! I love that displayed on the angel. How sweet.

Tanya

4:36 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your blog looks great to me! :D

10:58 pm  
Blogger Siobhán said...

Your blog looks wonderful as always, Helen! Your Believe is just adorable! Fabulous job, as always, with the finishing, too.

Good luck with the planting! I fancy a nice vegetable patch and some lovely rose bushes but admit that I am running inside at the first sign of a slug. :P LOL Best of luck to you!

11:14 am  
Blogger Katrina said...

Love the angel, what a great idea.

Have fun with the garden. I don't have a green thumb at all so I would never attempt it but I do like the fresh produce.

2:24 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hi Helen,
Do you use photoshop for your pictures? I love how they look - or is it another program? I'd be interested to know - thanks!

Tanya

1:31 am  
Anonymous Cécile said...

It's a good idea to change your garden.
Congratulations for you believe it's beautiful and I love the new layout of your blog.

8:35 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

Good on you for starting a veg garden nothing tastes nicer than your own grown, you'll be brilliant at it.

Yes your blog looks great I like your colour changes too.

We got the rain over here typical Lakeland Bank Holiday LOL!

12:48 pm  
Blogger Heidi said...

I love The Good Life! I think you will make a wonderful Barbara. :-) It will be fun to grow your own. We only have enough space for garden pots so I have one filled with a few herbs and the other with fancy lettuce. We are big salad eaters in the summer.

I wish you could have joined us for our tea as that would fill you with many 'stitching vitamins' and you would have all the stamina you need. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog about it. I had so much fun putting the tea together for them.

Your little Believe ornament is beautiful. I must have missed this when Tanya had it out. I love Brenda Keyes too. I did one of hers for my sampler wall and have a number ready to stitch one day. Which are you working on?

Hugs ~
Heidi

4:46 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your finish is beautiful and your blog looks great! Good luck with the garden!

3:24 am  
Anonymous Isabelle said...

Hi Helen, I love your litte angels : so sweet !! Good Luck for changing your garden and hope you a pleasant gardening :-)
wishing you a very nice day ....without rain !!
With my warmest wishes,
Isabelle

12:15 pm  
Anonymous Virginia said...

Oh this little chart is the one I stitched for this month's "Salpin" ! But I'll show it only at the end of May. I like your angel ...

1:11 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your ornament is lovely, Helen, and I love the little angel, too!

Good luck with growing the vegetables!

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger