***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Pochon



Photobucket



I have pinched this French word as I think it sounds like 'posh-on' ;-) and I quite like that cheeky little name for my little gift that has got to Debby (stitchwizard) . This has gone to live far, far away in Texas US and is a combined thank-you and cheer up gift to Debby who is such a nice lady :-)) Sounds like it has worked too and that makes me so happy to know :-)) Do you want to see what is in Debby's Pochon ;-) then look below ........


Photobucket


A little Pinkeep and Fob , I have used last years Prairie Schooler freebie design from Spring but changed the linen colour and thread colours. This photo above shows them about actual size.


Photobucket


Above now you can see the fob a bit closer , I stitched our initials and used the little bunny and flower from the main design.


Photobucket


This is the backing fabrics that I used from the Moda Blackbird Designs 'Madeira' collection, I think they all go so nicely together to be the same but different. Then finally below, the little set as a whole.
I used a spotty fabric to line the bag and make the cuff to that I added a piece of vintage gold lace. Other little details are brown silk ribbon to all pieces for finishing, including the bag handle and small wooden beads to the sides of the bag where the handle is attached. I added a teeny tiny pink silk bow to the 'For Debby' label.


Photobucket


Thank-you for all the lovely comments on my last posting, it is nice to know some of you still pass by my little corner. I think you have all done some wonderful stitching and finishing and been so busy with your needles, I must say I really enjoyed looking again at all your work !!! I was busy busy today but not with my needle. I shall have to snap back into action as I should really get a couple of teacher gifts for my DD and DS , of some description, done ready for next week !! :-))
Right , on that note, I had better get to bed and get thinking!!

Photobucket

BTW my lack of links lately is I have forgotten how to do them and it is too late for me to go to an old posting to look it up ! Links are in my sidebar though if you want them :-))

45 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Helen! What a beautiful package!

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How GORGEOUS! The pinkeep and fob are soo soo sweet. I am relatively new to cross stitch, but would love to know whose patterns and where you obtain the lovely little designs you stitch with. I would like to start with something small like the little pinkeep - any ideas ? Tina D.

3:02 am  
Blogger Raven/Missy said...

That is gorgeous!

4:10 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely, lovely things! God bless and huggles!

4:29 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely, lovely things! God bless and huggles!

4:29 am  
Blogger Georgie said...

Very nice! I just love it!!!!

7:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, the accessories are so tiny and cute!! The bag is just lovely!! Such sweet presents!

7:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This gifts are wonderful waow

9:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your pochon is poshy, hun ;o)
I just love it
hugs, Eva

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing gifts!

12:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute this 'Pochon' and its accessories !!

1:10 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

A very thoughtful gift for your friend, and it is SO beautiful! I love the mini pinkeep and fob, and your unique touches make it very special!

1:39 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

They're all gorgeous Helen, congratulations

1:53 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful job you did that should cheer up anyone!

5:15 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Definitely posh on!! And your gift to Debby is absolutely spot on or spotty on! The fabric choices are gorgeous and I love the beautiful pochon to carry the little fob and pinkeep.

I can't tell you how nice it is to receive a thoughtful and caring gift when you need cheering up. I'm sure Debby really appreciated your thoughtfulness.
Warm hugs, Angela

5:37 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts.

5:49 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh this is a sweetie Helen :) So sweetly done, I'm sure Debby is over the moon with happiness!
You are as busy as I.....I understand you there ;)
BIG HUGS and welcome back!!!

6:31 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow Helen!! That is beautiful!! I know Debby will treasure it all! :)

7:07 pm  
Blogger Carol R said...

Lovel posh-on filled with goodies!

Nice to see you back Helen

7:35 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

I like the look of the larger pins on the pinkeep!!!

8:49 pm  
Blogger glamlawlib said...

Very lovely and so small and cute too :)

10:19 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Stunning package of goodies - and love! You really made Debby's day!

10:38 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen you really did make my day, my whole year really with such lovely gifts!! I just really was so surprised and it did cheer me up so much to think that you would do something so lovely for me! Everytime I look at them I will think of you and having good friends at such a hard time as it has been for me these days means more than I can say!!! Thank you so much my friend!! Words just can't express how much I love what you have done for me!!

Hugs
Debby

3:00 pm  
Blogger staci said...

Everything is lovely and wonderful to look at! Your attention to detail is really stunning and the pinkeep and fob are so tiny and beautiful!!!

3:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lena-Lou,
This pouchon came out lovely!!! What a pretty gift...and your finishing is wonderful!!!1
Karin :)
in NY

9:43 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Very pretty your posh-on and I think your miniatures are very sweet. No wonder Debbie was delighted.

10:39 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

I have missed your delightful posts! And what a treat to find one, and of course see another scrumptious gift that you have made! I absolutely love all the little touches you add to your finishing!!

1:34 pm  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is just unbelievably gorgeous. Debby must be thrilled!

2:14 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

What a precious set - I LOVE the fabric choices! Bravo, Helen.

10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what gorgeous stitching i gain so many ideas from u all thanks

9:18 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Your pochon and fob are beautiful as always!

Please come visit my blog for a little surprise. :)

6:00 pm  
Blogger Concetta said...

What beautiful work as always Helen. You are a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing these beauties with us. {hugs}

1:30 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Your gifts for Debby are just so beautiful Helen.

3:00 pm  
Blogger staci said...

I've left a message for you on my blog :)

3:53 pm  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

You put together a pretty set and the pictures you put together are really wonderful, CJ

5:11 pm  
Blogger Hearty Bakes said...

Everything is so beautiful & delicate! Ponchon is elegant with the farbic you used.

11:55 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Helen you have an award! Please see my blog when you have time:)

10:38 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Helen, they are wonderful!

3:22 am  
Blogger piko said...

It is very gorgeous! Accessories are also lovely.

3:53 am  
Blogger flom said...

il est superbe ce pochon !!!
bravo !!!!!!
beautiful, I love it
a bientôt
flo
http://mes-petites-lubies.over-blog.com/

5:42 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

What a beautiful little set! Your stitching and finishing are incredible!

8:26 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

What a gorgeous gift!! A truly wonderful set, everything you do is so beautiful. I really enjoy visiting your blog, it always gives so much inspiration :)

6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful !

9:03 am  
Blogger Marie said...

You have such a creative mind and do amazing work!

8:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

il est tout mignon ce petit pochon et joliment bien fait !

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger