***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 24 July 2008

Let the holidays begin.....



Photobucket


Yippee :-))) Last day of school yesterday and now to look forward to 6 weeks without the school time schedule imposed on us !


I am off out for the day so this is just a quick post to show you the gift I made for DS's teacher . I used the Lizzie*Kate Snippet chart S38. I stitched this on Antique White 40ct linen 1/1 (full crosses) with colours that I thought would suit the teacher. I used a mix of Sampler threads and DMC. I decided to frame it as I really wanted to use the big rusty heart you can see along with the design, I had this tiny 2" wooden frame and it all came together very nicely for me :-)) DS's teacher was very pleased, so mission accomplished ;-)) For DD's teacher I made her a Rose Scented Sachet just like this one here that I have shown you before when I first started blogging .


Photobucket


Thank-you so much to Deb, Staci and Sally for the great honour of the awards I have been presented with this week, from you :-))) You have not only made my day - you have also made me want to stitch with renewed vigour !!





I shall edit this post later to put my links in etc, for now I must dash.

Have a nice day all :-))

25 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

What a wonderful teacher's gift...and my jaw dropped when I read that you stitched over-1 on 40 ct thread! Awesome!!

1:30 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Lovely gift for the teacher Helen. It looks so sweet stitched on 40 count and I love the big heart button you've added.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

What beautiful teacher gifts! I know they must have been so pleased and grateful. I LOVE your Singer sewing machine!

1:41 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great piece for a teacher!!!

2:36 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

That's absolutely adorable, Helen! I can't believe you stitched 1/1 on 40 ct.- wowsers!

4:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice what you've stitched and framed for your DS's teacher !

and congrats for your awards ! lol

hugs my friend

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG.... me too I have the Kreativ blogger award for you on my blog!!!! Go there and have it!! :D:D:D Congrats!!!

7:33 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Helen,
What lovely gifts. I'm sure both teachers were thrilled with their gifts. Stitching over one on forty is definitely dedication indeed :>)
Congratulations on your well deserved awards. Your blog always gives so much pleasure.
Best wishes Angela

7:39 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Over one on 40 count? You get a full mark of 10 (or an A+, or whatever is used in your corner of the world!). :D

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a lovely gift

9:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts for your childrens’ teachers! I’m such a bad mother – I mean to stitch gifts each year for my son’s teachers, but never actually get around to it. Maybe next year?

2:43 pm  
Blogger Carol R said...

Beautiful teachers gifts Helen.
Enjoy the school holidays :o)

11:26 pm  
Blogger staci said...

WOW! Over 1 on 40ct, you must have some fantastic eyes!!!

A wonderful keepsake for your son's teacher!

8:57 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

It's lovely!

7:25 am  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Some wonderful gifts for the kids' teachers - very thoughtful of you. Enjoy your summer break - finally the weather is cooperating!

2:39 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

How beautiful!

8:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very nice and surely appreciated ! I like the wooden heart idea :-)

2:08 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful project! I've not tried over one, but you inspire me to do so!

3:18 am  
Blogger nela said...

Guao bello. y es bien dicho enseñar es un trabajo de corazon... la enseñanza se hace por que de alli nace del corazon,,, aunque cuando los alumnos se van uno queda triste...

5:20 am  
Blogger Lennu said...

It's a beautiful gift, you really do fantastic job! Oh here the feelings are totally different, children will go back to school in less than two weeks (August 11th), after two month's break :) It's almost autumn to me already. Summer has been terribly hectic and I must admit that I look forward to daily routines :)

Oh and please, please say thank you to your mum, I've received her wonderful letter, but as we've been travelling here and there I haven't had yet time to answer her. I will write her a letter when life calms down a bit!!

6:32 pm  
Blogger Elisa said...

A gorgeous finish....very efective and I love your sewing machine too...adoreable!!

10:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! Thanks for your wishes... (but happily, I must wait 2 more years before I get 40... lol lol...)

x0x0x0
Isabelle

9:25 am  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Sorry Isa ;-) I should read French better as I see now you were talking about a friend being 40 LOL

10:38 am  
Blogger ~mj~ said...

You have won another award...please see my blog...:)

2:18 am  
Blogger Cyndi said...

Oh my, you just showed me something new that I hadn't thought of before - adding embellishments (like the rusty heart) to help a pattern fit in a different frame - _I_ can do that! Thanks!!!!! It's really a cute piece.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger