***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 26 March 2008

Winter Exchange From Leena



This is the wonderful Winter Exchange that I have received from Leena, this is Part 3 so it means only one left to go now, which is a bit sad.

However :), for this time Leena remembered that I really admired a house exchange she did for another blogger (Katrina) using what was called Mixed Media. So in view of that Leena wanted to do me one of my own and this is the unique result. Including... the 'Bobbin Lace' which was made by Leena herself and I think it is just gorgeous. Leena says she is only learning this new skill, looking at this she will soon be a master !! :))

The backgound, if you look closely has little silver symra stars , tiny white beads...they are the snow gently falling against a snow filled sky. As one snowflake gets closer, real closer, look now, you can see it in all its glory with every detail (the lace medallion). The flowers I thought might be 'Love in the Mist' perfect for keeping warm on a cold winters night ;-) See the snowdrift along the bottom (Bobbin Lace) where the winter flowers gather. Look up and you can see the glow of the candle light (the wording). Jack Frost has made some patterns in ice (the buttons) but.....look now , high, high up on the roof to see the frost and icicles glowing in the moonlight (the bow etc at the top). Here you see Winter all wrapped up in a breath of cool winter air (the braid around the edge) ........


WINTER EXCHANGE FROM LEENA
Photobucket


Rightio ;-)) I will stop story telling now LOL !! Thank-you so much again Leena for this special, truly unique exchange piece and all the other things you sent , I love them all and the eggs have gone down very well with DD and DS :-))

See you all again soon as mine to Claudia should be arriving in the near future, until then thanks for your visits and stitch happy :-))

34 Comments:

Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh.

Wow.

Thump.

Hm. I believe I said this somewhere before :o) Seriously, though, you ladies seem to draw out the best in each other. It's such a gorgeous gift, Helen!

8:15 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

Wow, that is so stunning! And what a way with words you have to describe it so strikingly!

8:21 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I so love these things that Leena makes...they are so sweet and delicate and I'm so happy that you own one! It's gorgeous Helen! many, many congratulations!

8:42 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh ... that's breath-taking!

8:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is adorable!!!!

10:13 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

That is stunning! Lucky you! A fabulous exchange!

10:43 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

So delicate and lovely!! I really love it. And, know what? I'm glad you have it, Helen! :)
Hugs,
Deb

2:32 am  
Blogger Joy said...

How exquisite! I loved reading your description ~ and Leena made the bobbin lace, too? I am in awe . . .

2:51 am  
Blogger Lennu said...

Oh Helen, I'm happy to hear that you like it! You wrote really beautifully about it, thank YOU, it was my pleasure to stitch this for you!

6:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky girl, you. The pinkeep is utterly utterly gorgeous!!!

7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful and "raffiné"

8:00 am  
Blogger Nic said...

That is so lovely! What a nice gift.

8:08 am  
Blogger Marika said...

Oh, it´s such a elegant pinkeep !! Leena made a beautiful job, again !!

8:52 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

What a uniquely beautiful pinkeep, and such a clever stitcher Leena must be. I'm gasping - it's so lovely! And, I think you told the story very well Helen!

12:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's gorgeous!

12:54 pm  
Blogger Heidi said...

This is just a beautiful pinkeep! As a lacemaker myself, we are always trying to combine our hobbies. I love how Leena did this one. I am making my own double sided lace pinkeep at the moment and it is so much fun just to include both stitching and bobbin lace. I know you will treasure this very special pinkeep.

Hugs ~
Heidi

1:17 pm  
Blogger staci said...

It's so lovely and delicate, a work of art. And your words were equally captivating!!!

1:30 pm  
Blogger Yuko said...

Oh Wow!!
This is absolutely gorgeous and so beautiful!
Leena is very creative!
I've never seen such a beautiful pinkeep before!!

2:01 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

What an awesome idea...very beautiful!

2:13 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Oh wow! That's just beautiful! Really, really stunning :)

2:38 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

What a unique exchange piece! It is gorgeous.

3:57 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Speechless...............


Beautiful

4:47 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

What a stunning exchange to receive

6:50 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Lucky girl!!! That pinkeep is stunning!!!!

10:47 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

im so jelous this is eally pretty!

10:07 am  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

That's just so creative and beautiful!

1:45 am  
Blogger Michele B. said...

A stunningly creative gift for another extremely talented stitcher. It is so much fun to see what you both give and receive. Almost as good as being a recipient myself! Loved your description too.

12:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely pinkeep!! And what a great exchange!! I love it, very exquisite work!!

9:28 am  
Blogger tintocktap said...

Wow - that is so beautiful! I love things that use different techniques - well done Leena! And lucky you.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Leena has created a, well. . . words are just failing me! It's just gorgeous and I'm going to have to bookmark this page so I can come back and visit it often. Lucky you to have it in your possession!

12:26 am  
Blogger Janaina said...

Have my mouth wide open now! How delicate! The finisher is an artist and the receiver is a very very very lucky girl!:o)

6:37 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

Stunning! The effect of the "winter flowers" at the bottom is awesome!

6:52 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow - isn't Leen's finishing and creativity amazing?! This is a truly wonderfully unique exchange - enjoy!

9:52 am  
Blogger Sachiko said...

Beautiful Pinkeep!!Lucky girl!!!

3:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger