***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 12 July 2008

To Italy with Love.....



Finally this last exchange of the Four Seasons series from Becky's BB 'Seasonal Exchangers' has reached its destination to Claudia in Italy, I must say the Italian post has me sitting on the edge of my seat !!


Photobucket


I chose for Spring, to stitch Blackbird Designs 'Vintage Blooms'.   I love this pretty design :-))   I stitched 1 over 2 on 40ct Lambswool using DMC threads that are not the correct numbers as charted but are near enough. I finished it, just very simply into this wonderful wooden box lid as I knew the colours would be just perfect together :-)) Hope you think so too !

I am not in any more exchanges at the moment as I have rather too much on just now and I wanted to use some time to finish some little gifts I have been in the process of making for some of my stitching friends :-))  One has been on its way for over a week so it should arrive soon, I hope!! This is going to take this sweet lady completely by surprise LOL  


Photobucket




Thanks for your visits you are very welcome and I always appreciate the comments you leave for me........ with the lack of sunshine around here they certainly brighten my day :-))
P.S. When the sun, this summer in England, decides to shine long enough for me to get my camera out and lighten up the grey sky, I shall take some pictures of my home to share with you, not that I am any good at all taking pictures of rooms but I will have a go ;-))

29 Comments:

Blogger Hearty Bakes said...

Hi,
i think this design suits very well with this wooden box. It's a treasure box actually with this elegant stitches on it!
Looking forward to see your beautiful pictures at the other side of the globe.
Singapore

12:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely box, Helen. It's so nice to see you posting, too!

2:14 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

It looks gorgeous! I have always loved this pattern!

2:48 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, Helen, this is truly a treat for the eyes!! The design fits the box style so perfectly, and those colors are fantastic!!!

9:54 am  
Blogger Elisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely omments....whereabouts are you??

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your box is very great, I love it and I'm so happy to read you again

10:26 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

The box is gorgeous, congratulations

10:43 am  
Blogger Katrina said...

Gorgeous gift! I love the bouquet. It's so pretty and what a great way to finish it.

1:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such sweet stitching and such a beautiful finish, Helen!!

2:01 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Helen, this is lovely, and yes, I think the wooden box is the perfect finish! It is so pretty!

Decorating is another of my passions so I will look forward to photos of your home very much!

3:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful box! Excellent finish Helen!

3:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased to read you again ! Your little box is just lovely ! I love this design as well ;-)
What a nice idea to share your home with us :-)

4:13 pm  
Blogger Keka Guillén said...

What a lovely box!!

10:56 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

Wow vintage blooms looks beautiful, i love looking at your work its always so pretty!

P.S. i think we have had are summer weather already here in england lol that whole week of sunshine a while ago :) lol

11:16 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Helen,
Your choice of design and finish is once again inspired. I love the faded old fashioned look of this design and the beautiful way it fits so snugly into the box lid. What a wonderful special place to store precious treasures. Claudia will have some beautiful mementoes of her Seasonal exchange with you.

I loved seeing your home decorated for Christmas and I can't wait to see photos of how it looks now :>)
Warm wishes Angela

12:18 am  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a beautiful job!!!!

2:05 am  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

This box came out lovely and you were right the design and box are perfect together. Congrats on the finish. CJ

4:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your stitching is lovely and the finishing as perfect as usual
glad to read you my friend
hugs, Eva

8:33 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a delightful box... Claudia must be one happy lady!
The picture is perfect, too. Designers should hire you to take pictures of their designs, you know.

It is lovely to be reading you again :) Hugs and love!

10:26 am  
Blogger Karen said...

You do such beautiful work!

12:29 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

Such a beautiful exchange piece for Claudia. Such a perfect design for this box~

I wish that I could say that I had no "in progress" exchanges! I have too many stitching deadlines that are making me crabby! ;}

2:48 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

It's just beautiful!! xx

3:12 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Beautiful box!!

4:22 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is beautiful!!!

5:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This little bos is surely very nice ! Congrats !

9:09 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

It's lovely Helen, perfectly stitched and finished as always. :)

10:28 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

AS you can see Helen, I'm catching up with my reader today...although I should be cleaning my house but here I sit on my bum looking at blogs ;))))
Not a better way to spend a few minutes - If I do say so myself! Especially when I can see such lovely works as this one. Totally gorgeous and the simplicity of finish is what makes it the best! I love it and I'm sure your partner did too ;)

6:34 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

It's stunning!

8:27 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

Another beauty! It's great to see you posting again :)

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger