***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 28 April 2009

Petites Lettres Rouges

Hooray :-)) I am so pleased I managed to get my little sampler finished in time to enter the Blackbird Designs contest that a lot of us have joined into this past week. I hardly dared send my entry in as there are some stunning little samplers that have been created by you all.

I loved the idea of a competition not that I think I would win but for the deadline and having to find myself the time to do it . As soon as I saw the sampler, that was originally stitched some 91 years ago, it immediately made me think of my own DD who is round about the same age as Alice was when she stitched the piece. So with that in mind I have stitched mine for her.....from one little girl (Alice) to another - especially for my own DD Amy.

I would like my own small letter to my DD , to read within this sampler , stitched forever for her with the following interpretation....For Amy....I have put the required bird in so you will always have the freedom to feel free and spread your budding wings, I have added an anchor that you may always feel secure and steadily confident in your own self and beliefs, there is a little crown because my sweetheart you will always be my beautiful princess and lastly but by no means least I have added a heart because I love you with all of mine xxx

My picture is not the best 'in focus' as my camera is away being mended and I had to try to use my Dh's which was a bit difficult for me , however you can get the idea :)


Photobucket


Stitched 1 over 1 on Antique White 36 Count Linen by Permin (Wichelt) using thread colours

Dark: Anchor 897

Medium: Anchor 1019

Light: Crescent Colours 'Root Beer Float'

I am looking forward to making this up into a pretty something for my DD :)

Seen as this is a French style posting I thought I would include this picture I took of the Eiffel Tower for you to see. I was in France towards the end of last year with my family and I thought this shows really well just how absolutely HUGE the tower is, do you see the cranes near it for size comparision??

Photobucket



Good luck everyone and take care :-))

32 Comments:

Blogger Kim B said...

It's gorgeous! I love the symbols you added for your DD - how moving!

1:04 pm  
Anonymous Linen Stitcher said...

The colors you chose for "Petites Lettres Rouges" are wonderful! But I especially love the motifs you added and the sentiment attached to them. Your daughter will treasure this.

1:37 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Your sampler for Amy is beautiful! I love the motifs you used and the thoughtful meaning behind them. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!

Thanks for sharing a picture of the Eiffel Tower. Isn't it magnificent?

2:16 pm  
Blogger Leah said...

Beautiful finish! Love the photos too!!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Helen, congratulations. I'm sure Amy will love it. I look forward to seeing how you finish it.

4:04 pm  
Blogger Stitcher said...

It's lovely, nice to see you back.

5:13 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its lovely Helen, what a lovely token for Amy its really stunning.

5:24 pm  
Blogger Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Beautiful and I love all the special symbols!

7:41 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh gosh, Helen, I got all sniffly when I read what you wrote to Amy. What a GREAT gift. Wonderful interpretation of this beautiful design. :)

8:46 pm  
Blogger Daffycat said...

Your stitching is gorgeous and I really love the way you photographed it!

9:44 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Oh Helen, this really is lovely and such a beautiful keepsake for Amy. The motifs you have added tell Amy everything that's in your heart without needing any words at all :>)
I love your photo of the Eiffel Tower. It really is majestic in the soft evening light.
Hugs Angela

9:50 pm  
Blogger Carol R said...

Just perfect Helen! A wonderful tribute both to Alice and to your own DD Amy. Great picture - love the miniature Eiffel Tower and the tiny flat iron!

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The letter for your DD makes your sampler so special, it looks lovely too :)

11:00 pm  
Blogger Ruth said...

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. And thanks for sharing the Eiffel Tower --- It's been years since I was in Paris and I sure wish I could go there now and just sit and stare at the Tower for a day.

1:22 am  
Blogger Georgie said...

I love what you stitched for your daughter....The symbols were a great idea. Something she is sure to treasure forever

8:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C' est magnifique !!
BRAVO !!!!!!!!!!

Chrisatinea

2:26 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's beautiful, Helen. I love the sentiment behind the motifs for your DD - I am sure she will treasure it forever!

5:00 pm  
Blogger Brigitte said...

That's very beautiful version of the little sampler. I love how you decorated the corners with a bird, a heart, a crown and an anchor, so meaningful.

5:01 pm  
Blogger Siobhán said...

What a gorgeous letter to Amy! That really is a treasure, make sure you put it with the sampler for her to remember when she's going through those (not so fun) teenage years, and when she's a mom raising her own daughter. :) Beautiful job!

5:06 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Beautifully stitched!

5:40 pm  
Blogger Jennifer said...

One of the best things about this hobby is the ability to personalize pieces and give them deeply personal meanings to both the recipient and the stitcher. The sentiment behind your gift is just lovely.

9:59 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, what a sweet treasure for your dear Amy! I'm especially fond of the corner motifs and how they express the way you feel for your dd. :D

3:13 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

I'm so glad that you're back in posting, I really missed you.
Your little sampler is lovely.
Lot of love.

9:00 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Beautiful stitching and beautiful words for your daughter!

3:28 pm  
Blogger Tracy M. said...

What a beautiful and meaningful gift!

Your photo of the Eiffel Tower really does put it in perspective, I had no idea it was that tall!

Thanks for sharing,
Tracy

5:22 pm  
Blogger Jackie in UK said...

I love your BBD piece Helen! Very pretty..... Thanks for coming to visit and comment on my blog so regularly, I really appreciate it! :-)

Jackie x

7:12 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

It's such a beauty, you did wonderful job with it dear Helen! I just love the finish in the previous post too, it's gorgeous. Thank you for the beautiful photo of the Eiffel Tower :)

6:01 am  
Blogger Moreen said...

I love what you have done on your sampler and the message you are giving your DD.
I am so tempted to make another one as there are so many things to make from this tiny design.

1:34 pm  
Anonymous zaza said...

Your little sampler is so beautifull....
Have a great day.
zaza.

9:15 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

I absolutely love your sampler the sentiment behind it. It is gorgeous.

6:28 pm  
Blogger Heidi said...

*** sigh *** What a precious message to your DD about the meaning in the little sampler. It turned out beautiful as is the photo. To me, you are the winner along with Barbara (Mainely Stitching) whos I get to see for real and it is amazing. I too want to stitch this with my sweet grandmother's name but not to enter the contest. I want to add it to my sampler wall.

Hugs ~
Heidi

4:52 pm  
Anonymous MARY said...

What a gorgeous photo of your embroidery ! I just love it !
And thanks for the photo of the Eiffel Tower too, I was in Paris in July and could get to the second level... wonderful... wonderful city too...

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger