***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 27 March 2008

Summer Autumn Winter Spring


As you might know, my Mum Veronica does not have a blog. So, now all 4 of her Seasonal Exchanges are completed and have been received by Becky :)........I am showing you, for her, what she stitched for the Seasonal Exchange Group that a few of us have been part of.


VERONICA SEASONAL EXCHANGES TO BECKY
Photobucket


 In the order they were sent ... starting below with ........

SUMMER : Ewe & Eye & Friends 'Be Industrious' with Veronica's own colour choices throughout, finished as a tray with a little fob ( Shepherds Bush design used for that) and a matching pincushion pot :)

AUTUMN : Helen Phillips 'The New Cross Stitch Sampler Book' a Halloweeen design was chosen and was stitched basically as stated with just a couple of colour changes and slight design change (the cat). On the bottom of one of the tassels is sitting a little witches cat :-)) Finished as a Hanging Ornament and included one of the little felt 'field mice' made also by Veronica .

WINTER : The same Helen Phillips book was used. The finish this time was a Treat Bag, Shepherds Bush NR style......(please excuse my most rubbish bag picture, ooops sorry Mum !! ) A little extra this time was the country prim style Heart topped off with a bit of string and a MOP heart :)

SPRING : Just Nan 'Spring! Pillow' Many of you will know this sweet design? Stitched on a soft pinky/lilac linen, finished as a pillow with a matching 1/1 wee fob :-))

I shall also show all 4 exchanges Veronica has received from Isa in France who stitched for her, once the last one has arrived. (We do have until June 15th to send Spring but my Mum is an early bird ;-)) Anyway for once I am early!! Yes, that has surprised you hasn't it LOL ;-)) as I actually stitched my 'Spring' one before Winter LOL and I shall send it once the Winter one does get to Italy :)) Soon, I hope soooooooooon!! Can you tell I wonder about the postal service ;-))

Have fun !! Thanks for calling by :-))


EDITED TO ADD: My Mum (Veronica) has asked me to say a big thank-you to you all for taking the time to comment on her work, she is really thrilled by them all :-))

35 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

What a beautiful gallery of stitching. I really love the Halloween pillow! But it is all just wonderful so tell Mum she did an amazing job.

Hugs ~
Heidi

3:05 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

What beautiful exchanges! Lucky Becky! Your mom is very talented (not surprisingly seeing as how skilled you are) and her finishing is divine!

3:06 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Oh wow your Mum has done the most amazing job on these exchange pieces. They are all beautiful.

3:56 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

All amazing...I wish I could meet your Mum...she's an amazingly talented lady (just like her girls)!

4:20 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Love the pictures H.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Helen I see where you and Su get your talent! When the three of you get together for stitching it must be an amazing time! Your mother's stitching is absolutely gorgeous, and so is her finishing. She has a lot of creative talent!

5:47 pm  
Blogger Nic said...

What a lovely selection of pieces - I especially liked the Halloween sampler with the felt mouse - what a cutie! And of course the beehive, given my obsession with them ... I have that chart in my stash, I must try to restrain myself from starting it now, as I loved the finishing idea...

5:48 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

They're all gorgeous, congratulations to your Mum

6:51 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Just catching up on blogs. Beautiful work your mum has done. I adore some of the little things you have made including the tea one ( I don't think it will print off right for me). I love the little garden book you made for your mum too. Such gorgeous stuff. Love it.

9:03 pm  
Blogger Becky K in OK said...

Oh, my what beautiful exchanges. I know BeckySC loves each and everyone of them. I would.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Stitcher said...

They are all absolutely stunning.

7:58 am  
Blogger staci said...

WOW! Your mum's stitching and finishing is just divine! All of you are so very talented!

1:46 pm  
Blogger nela said...

ohhh amo el regalo de Beckys es genial... Esto es una familia de bordadoras... Amy, Helen Su an veronica... Congratulations....
I see the response to my proposal, so long silence to be: No.

1:59 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

All are stunning - wow - such lovely and creative finishes :)

Happy weekend,
Tanya

2:11 pm  
Blogger Joy said...

So many beautiful things all in one place ~ they are all just gorgeous! So much talent in one family!

2:32 pm  
Blogger Yuko said...

What wonderful exchange works they are!!
And what a talented family!!
Your mum's works are amazing!
They all are so lovely, I love everything!
Lucky Becky!!

2:35 pm  
Blogger Keka Guillén said...

What a beautiful exchanges!! Congratulations to your Mum.

3:30 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures of your mum's stitching. Thanks for sharing those with us.

5:39 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

your mom's work is gorgeous!!!!

5:42 pm  
Blogger Sheila said...

Wow--what lovely pictures and what fabulous stitching and finishing your mum does. Each season is absolutely stunning - huge congratulations to her!

7:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Veronica !!!!!!!
All is very beautiful... The finishes are goorgeous !!!!!!!!!
Bye
Isa

9:45 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what a beautiful array of stitched gifts!

1:42 am  
Blogger Lennu said...

Oh they are all so beautiful, your mum is such a talented stitcher :) What a wonderful set of exchanges!

12:45 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

Lucky Becky, she received so many wonderful exchanges from your Mom. I see that the talent runs wild in that household! :)

10:38 pm  
Blogger mAtilda said...

che delizioso il tuo blog. che belle le tue cose, complimenti!!!
ti inserisco subito nei miei preferiti.
ciao, matilda

that delicious yours blog. that beautiful your things, compliments!!! I insert to you endured in my preferred links.
excuse for my ugly English.
hello, matilda

11:32 pm  
Blogger mAtilda said...

che delizioso il tuo blog. che belle le tue cose, complimenti!!!
ti inserisco subito nei miei preferiti.
ciao, matilda

that delicious yours blog. that beautiful your things, compliments!!! I insert to you endured in my preferred links.
excuse for my ugly English.
hello, matilda

11:33 pm  
Blogger Einschies blog said...

Ohh wonderful pieces...I have the Helen Philipps book too and I never look inside to stitch something...I think I will;-)))

Gaby/Germany

10:52 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your Mum's stitching is superb! Its very easy to see where her daughters get their amazing talent :-D

1:36 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Wish I could be a part of your family and share in those wondrous stitchy genes you girls have in abundance! :D
So glad you shared Veronica's exchanges as each one is so charming and totally inspired!

12:22 am  
Blogger Wawanna said...

Words cannot express how amazing the stitching and variety of designs you have shared with us. Sheer inspiration! Major congratulations to the stitcher!

3:46 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

What beautiful stitching!! I just love those! No wonder you are all such expert stitchers and finishers! She should get a blog and visit with all of us!! It must be so fun to have family that loves to stitch with you! Beautiful job she has done!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Debby

3:50 pm  
Blogger Carol R said...

I made a return visit and I am so glad you found me because now I have found you! A great blog with wonderful pictures of even more wonderful stitching! I have book marked you for future visits.

10:24 am  
Blogger Chelle said...

All of the exchanges are simply gorgeous. The little mouse is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

6:50 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

These are really stunning - I love the finishes, and also the obvious care and thoughtfulness that Veronica has put into this exchange. I'm sure Becky must be thrilled with her year in stitches :)

9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

each time i come to your home, it's a great pleasure for my eyes. all is beautiful. Kisses

6:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger