***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 22 March 2008

Tea if you please.......


For a while, I have wanted to find the time to stitch Tanya's tea freebies as ( goodness ;-) I can hardly decide my order here ) 1, it is by far my most favourite drink and 2, I fell in love with her simple designs :-)) Plus, I knew exactly how this would be finished before I started , from way back in the Autumn ( I hope it was not the summer) !! Anyway , I was longing to make it come to life !

I have a bit of a liking for little things that I can hang here or there, so in good old Northern English terms... this is my bit of ...'neither nowt nor summet' that I came up with .....

Photobucket



Stitched on an ivory linen scrap with a little mix of an unknown overdye and DMC threads , one over one. I had the cutest, tiny Polka dot fabric which was so good with this (I love Polka's and stripes), I used it for the reverse. This is one of the new Spring fabrics my LNS has in :-)


Photobucket


Funny , this happens to be the second one I have stitched of this design, which I have finished before the first !! The original one (my first) is even tinier as I stitched it on finer linen than this and it is for my brother . I have done it in different colours but sadly, it is unfinished as yet ! Lets just say it will be perfect with his and his DW's new kitchen :-))) I love this design so much I think I could stitch one an evening for a month !! Maybe I shall just do that as it is just my size !! Thank-you Tanya for such a great little freebie, I can't wait to do my others that you know I have :-)))


Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you all have a 'Happy Easter' weekend, it is freezing here at the beginning of Spring with Gale force winds trying to blow my big, high wooden gates away, fingers crossed they don't finally tear off with a huge gust and crash into my Mini !!

37 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute piece!

You have a Mini? I'm totally envious - that's my favorite car!!

We've had a snowstorm here in Chicago today, so there will be no spring dresses at church this weekend!

Have a happy Easter!

1:52 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Isn't that just the sweetest!! Very nice finish, Helen :)

((((hugs ))))

2:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your finish is adorable. Looks lovely over one. Happy Easter to you as well!

2:04 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so adorable!

3:14 am  
Blogger Kim B said...

Oh my goodness it's just darling!! I hope the weather is good to you this weekend.

3:32 am  
Blogger Lennu said...

Oh it's absolutely beautiful, I love this design too and plan to stitch it one day, as I love tea too :) It's so tiny and delicate.

Your birthday gifts for your mum are so beautiful, the finishing ideas are really clever, I'm sure she loves them a lot!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend and I hope the winds will calm down!

5:22 am  
Blogger handgemacht said...

Such a lovely finish again. Very nice, Helen!
Thank you very much for your visit and comment and happy easter to you too!

8:22 am  
Blogger Nic said...

That's so sweet!

8:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, Lena.... la verdad es que vengo muy a menudo en tu blog...me encanta. Lo que pasa es que mi nivel de inglés es muy básico para dejarte comentarios...pero, bueno, que sepas que tienes una admiradora en Barcelona ( España ).

Muchos besos :-)

8:59 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Oooh, too cute Helen! I just love how you've finished this!

These winds are awful aren't they, I don't like them at all! Just hope DH Colin has everything well secured on site at our new build, I'd hate to thing what damage these winds could cause.

Happy Easter to you too. :o)

11:29 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How very, very sweet is that...and so pretty and feminine :)
Good job!!

12:05 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

That's adorable!

12:17 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Whoo, that's tiny! And perfectly finished as always.
Hope you and yours (and your Mini!) have a great Easter, Helen!

12:21 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I just love-love-love this, Helen!! It's irresistable!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Helen this is just beautiful, and what a perfect finishing idea! I love it! How did you make the holes for threading the wire? I would love to know if you don't mind sharing this.

Happy Easter to you and your family, and I hope the winds don't carry you to OZ!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Very cute! Love it. What a sweet finish.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its a lovely finish Helen, its looks very pretty.

Happy Easter to you too, thanks for the card I got it yesterday - speak soon Love & hugs

1:34 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Helen, congratulations

1:42 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I love this design too and have stitched it myself twice already! Love how you have finished yours :)
Happy Easter, its cold up here in Scotland too!

3:55 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

What an incredibly beautiful little finish Helen:)

Hope you're staying safe in these winds. It's awful here on the east coast and so bitterly cold.

4:17 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Helen,
Your summet is definitely not 'nowt'! It's just gorgeous. I love the way you have finished it and the blue dotty fabric is perfect. I love small designs, to and could stitch them forever. It's just amazing how many different ways this pretty little design has been finished. You can see my finish at:
www.picturetrail.com/angelasweby if you have time :>) I can't wait to see the other freebies stitched up.
Warm wishes, Angela

4:50 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Very cute finish, and the fabric for the backing was perfect for it. It is cold and snowy here as well, very odd way to start spring. Hope the Easter Bunny dresses warm and has boots or he is going to freeze his little behind off.
Sue

10:08 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

That is gorgeous!!! I adore your finish of my freebie :) Looks fantastic and pretty tea cup too! Do you mind if I show the picture on my site/blog? Let me know!

Happy Easter,
Tanya

2:28 am  
Blogger Andrea said...

So sweet. I love your ideas for finishing.

12:30 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

so pretty!!

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY Easter!
Thanks to those who come to read my blog and "welcome" to the newcomers

3:29 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Your gift for your mum was so lovely Helen - well worth waiting a whole year for.

This most recent finish is so cute and as always your presentation is very special.

Hope you and all you loved ones are having a wonderful Easter weekend.

11:32 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Helen I just love it it's so tiny and sweet just like you. Happy Easter my little friend. Lots and lots of love Patti xxx

12:38 am  
Blogger sammyjo said...

Very cute, it looks very delicate!

11:45 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

How lovely! It's so tiny and delicate looking. Love it!

2:21 pm  
Blogger staci said...

It's so dainty and tiny!!! Adorable!

2:29 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

What a sweet little finish :-)

2:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute ! I love it :-)

9:24 pm  
Blogger Von said...

I printed out this sweet little design in honor of the gallons of tea I've been consuming as a result of this virus, lol!

Easter came so early this year the kidlets had to keep their jackets on for the egg hunt, but at least they could enjoy the day! Hope your weather recognizes what season we're in real soon!! :D

3:08 am  
Blogger TeresaB said...

How cute! I know just the person to make this for.

3:57 am  
Blogger Joy said...

Ooooh, I love this! The perfect little thing to hang "here and there."

2:44 am  
Blogger Sachiko said...

So cute,Helen!
I love tea~~^^!

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger