***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 9 March 2008

In my Garden...


I had said in my last posting that I had some stitchy things to show you, I have come back soon as I can, just so that you know I did not waste my time away ;-)


Photobucket


My Mum's birthday was at the beginning of February and some of you that know me a little better might remember that I had not finished the stitched gift for my Mum from last year !!! Yes...........shame on me, it is only 1 year late !! I thought instead of the Pinkeep, which a year ago, I had in mind for the finish, that I had better come up with something now that looks like it took me a year to do ;-)) Shhhhh...... this did not actually take me a year ;-) more an evening or so... but we won't tell... lol.
First came a lovely little notebook with nice paper pages inside , it was nice in its own right but rather plain. So I decided to try to make it into something really pretty. I used to be a Librarian at school and got taught a few skills, one of them was how to back a book. I covered the notebook with the natural bitty paper (I have forgotten its name), that you can see and I studded and mounted my little stitched piece centrally on the cover.


Photobucket


I fixed the ribbon into the spine to which I added a wheelbarrow charm and a little silk ribbon bow.....


Photobucket


Before abandoning the project 1 year ago , I had started to stitch what was to be the back of the proposed Pinkeep and didn't want to waste it. So for a bit of fun I think I may have made the worlds tiniest Pinkeep with it, not guessing how much my Mum would be delighted with such a tiny offering lol. It has actually got real tiny pins stuck into it and silk ribbon around its edge and is roughly the size you can see it here.


Photobucket


The design is a Shepherd Bush one called 'In My Garden' , I was rather pleased with my result and so happy to have finally got it finished , better late than never huh ??


Photobucket


Thank-you so much for such a nice welcome back :-)) I am still trying to catch up with things online and I'm very sorry that I have not been in touch with anybody personally yet or had much chance to leave any comments on your lovely works . I have so little free time lately for coming onto my laptop (or much else) grrrr!!!


P.S.
PhotobucketGO CHRIS AND FRANKIE




See you again soon and thanks for stopping by :-))

37 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gifts you made for your mum are gorgeous!! I bet she didn't mind waiting a year for something so beautiful!!

6:44 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

It's so beautiful, Helen! I bet your mom got all teary eyed. I would've if my daughter ever made me something so lovely. :D

Now, when are you going to tell us how to cover books so perfectly???

7:34 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

Wow! So pretty and delicate. They are just gorgeous Helen! :)

9:41 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous variation on this design Helen. I'm sure your Mum loves it.

11:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahou !!! So nice !! ;-)))

12:20 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

A very beautiful birthday gift for your mother, and such a clever way to finish this! I also love the "world's smallest pinkeep"! Very lovely! They say good things are worth waiting for, and I'm sure this was your mother's very thought.

1:16 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

The gifts for your mum are really beautiful!
Presume you're a dancing on ice fan then?!

1:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very nice ! Your mother must be very pleased :-)

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, congratulations

3:22 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Your projects always amaze and inspire, Helen. Well worth the wait! :D

4:44 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well done on finishing this gorgeous book and dainty tiny pinkeep for your mum - maybe you better get busy with next year's gift already ;)

5:31 pm  
Blogger Stitcher said...

What gorgeous gifts.

9:21 pm  
Blogger flom said...

Magnifique!!!!!
It,s beautifull
congratulation
a bientôt
flo
http://mes-petites-lubies.over-blog.com/

4:30 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my golly you've done a great job on these for your dear Mum! You should just be pleased as punch with yourself!

7:41 pm  
Blogger staci said...

Beautiful gifts for you mom, well worth the wait!!! That pinkeep is teensy tiny, wow!!!

7:43 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

What thoughtful and lovely gifts for your mom, Helen. I think they are just precious!
Hugs,
Deb

1:23 am  
Blogger Carla said...

Beautiful birthday gifts!!!! Love how you finished the notebook and the tiny pinkeep is so cute!!

3:36 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

Beautifull things as always, lucky mum!

5:27 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

How pretty! Your mom must be so happy with what you made for her!! Beautiful work. I am so glad to see you here too!! Debby :)

11:05 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Having seen them for real they are as equally beautiful seeing them here your pics are gorgeous and I know how delighted mum is with them. It was great catching up with you all this week I really enjpyed myself and our night in together.

8:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mum must be absolutely thrilled! It's stunning, Helen. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

9:41 pm  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Exquisite, Helen! What a family you are. :)

10:13 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Oh wow, Helen, the gifts for your Mum are just beautiful! I bet she was delighted.

10:34 am  
Blogger Joy said...

These are wonderful finishes. The addition of the charm to the ribbon marker is very clever!

2:55 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

You did a wonderful job on the gifts for your mom. I am SO impressed with you stitching and finishing skills~truly top notch!

10:46 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Bet your Mum was so thrilled with the beautiful gifts you made for her Helen. Your tiny pinkeep is so sweet and the notebook is gorgeous. Wish I knew how to cover a book like that! :o)

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your gifts for your Mum are stunning ... as always! :D

11:19 am  
Blogger TeresaB said...

Love what you made your mom, it's so pretty.

(I'm woefully behind on reading blogs, so don't feel bad.)

6:22 pm  
Blogger Sachiko said...

What gorgeous gifts!!Happy your mom!

6:04 am  
Blogger Heidi said...

When I saw your comment on my blog, I knew you must have added an entry to yours. And what an entry! Oh this books is just so beautiful! I am sure your mother will love it. What a great thing to know how to cover a book like that. I have put stitching on a book before but this paper makes it look nicer than any I have ever seen.

It has been funny to read how some are shocked I put my mother's age on the blog. LOL! I think age is relative. Why do we want to shout it from the rooftops when we turn 80 but are ashamed up until that point? We should be proud of each year we are here. But also, my mother is like me and did not mind. Let's face it, I have had fun being 4 four times over now. :)

Glad to see you back!

Hugs ~
Heidi

8:37 am  
Blogger Sheila said...

Your mum must have been thrilled with her gifts - the notebook is wonderful :) What a great idea.

5:25 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

LOL Heidi :) I was only teasing about you telling your Mums age she is actually the same age as my Mum was in February :) So we better get busy with gifts for our Mums big 'O' birthdays next year huh ??!! Well.....I had because I am sooo short of time to do anything!!

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!
have an happy Easter time :o)

10:57 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Hola Helen. ante todo feliz Easter o feliz semna santa....
Aca hay un dicho que dice.... Un burro diciendole a un conejo Orejon.. jijiji y me refiero a tus comentarios de mis trabajos...... Yo amo todo lo que tu haces.. Y solo falta que me digas, pues estoy dispuesta a un intercambio contigo cuando y donde lo desees, igual que como hice con Carol...
bESOS
GUaooo ese libro es muy hermoso... felicidades...

4:45 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Oh Helen as per usual everything you have made is to die for. You are such an inspiration. Patti xxx

12:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous gift for your mum - I bet she was thrilled to bits. I LOVE the itty bitty pinkeep, such tiny, prefect work :)

12:46 am  
Blogger nela said...

I will try to translate my comment, in order to avoid misunderstandings, in my country, when we talk about the qualities or defects of another person and who makes the commentary has the same or better qualities they say, a donkey saying a rabbit ears long , your taking the time to write in my blog, and your feedback makes me cheeks red. Is beautiful, but even that I think that all of your work is spectacular, why use this saying ... Rabbit. You and I am proposing an exchange between you and me, just as I did with carla.

But I did not say anything as I took a No.

Voy a tratar de traducir mi comentario, para evitar malos entendidos, en mi pais, cuando hablamos de las cualidades o defectos de otra persona y quien hace el comentario posee las mismas o mejores cualidades se dice, un burro diciendo a un conejo: orejas largas, el que te tomes la molestia de escribir en mi blog, y tus comentarios me pone mejillas rojas. es hermoso, mas aun por que yo pienso que todos tus trabajos son espectaculares, por eso uso este refran... del conejo. y te estoy proponiendo un intercambio entre tu y yo, igual como hice con carla.

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger