***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 25 July 2007

Inspiration...

I get some really lovely emails from ladies who generally are not commenters to my blog for whatever reason but visit it anyway, to say they admire my stitching, the finishes and enjoy my blog!! These always take me by surprise and are wonderful to read and I treasure each one of these special compliments very much :-))) As well as this I also from time to time get emails from ladies to say I have inspired them to stitch again after a long period of time or inspired them to try something a bit different to what they normally do such as using linen or a finish or even inspire them to actually START stitching for the first time ever :-)))

Now , I have a little story to tell and I am so happy about this I have to share it with you...Do you remember I made this Chatelaine a little while ago for an exchange I was in?


My Chatelaine


A lady who was already a stitcher from Australia who has neither a blog or album (yet!!), got in touch with me to see if I would mind her doing a Chatelaine the same for a special friends birthday and to ask me how it was done. I was of course more than happy to oblige and really pleased to have inspired her to do one and set about mailing her a list of steps as to how I did it :-)) Then imagine my surprise and delight when yesterday this same lady, after a few weeks of us being in touch, emailed me the pictures of her finished Chatelaine :-)) It has been made so beautifully and even has the same backing fabric as the one I did, chiffon ribbon like I used was unavailable for this lady so she chose to use a co-ordinating satin ribbon and I think it looks just lovely :-)) So I would like to present to you in this picture below Lyn's Chatelaine and I think you will agree with me what a wonderful job she has made of it :-)))


Chatelaine Stitched And Finished by Lyn in Australia


Thank-you Lyn for sharing your pictures with me and allowing me to put them on my blog and especially for giving me one of those special moments that make stitching so worth while. It is so nice to be part of a community where we all inspire each other in different ways and to say if a certain few ladies had not inspired me with their special pieces in albums and blogs then I might not have even come online to share what little bits I do too :-)))

Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks again for reading my blog!

22 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Lyn did a beautiful job with her chatelaine, and how nice to know you were her inspiration! I have to agree that your blog and photos are very inspiring.

3:08 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Lynn has done a beautiful job on her Chatelaine. It is truly gorgeous.

3:14 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

How truly wonderful that must feel to have people tell you you've been an inspiration! :D

Lyn's chatelaine turned out beautifully. You must've provided very good instructions!

4:26 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Both pieces are gorgeous!

6:20 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How wonderful Helen! Isn't it nice to help out fellow stitchers?!
It was a beautiful job you did and now look what your friend got to do herself....all because of you!

6:22 pm  
Blogger Stitcher said...

Well done to Lynn, it looks lovely

7:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing story!
Lyn, your chatelaine is beautiful!

8:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Lyn for that nice Chatelaine ! You were so kind to explain everything to her :-)

8:55 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

She did an amazing job :) WOW! I love it! Congratulations to Lyn :) AND you are just a sweetie-but I have known that since day one :) :) :)

9:04 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Lyn did a lovely job, and it was really sweet of you to help her out!

12:17 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so cool and wonderful! it is beautiful by the way

4:34 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Helen your Chatalaine is just beautiful!!! I just love the little girl in that!! Your finishing skills are just fabulous too!! I need to learn to do the finishing on things!! I also love your little "Rose" That is just so cute!! It is great to see you my friend!! Your work is just wonderful! Debby :)

4:36 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Oh wow, she did a wonderful job.

5:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's verry verry beautiful, congratulations Lynn

9:33 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a lovely story, lynns work looks great too!

11:26 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

Well done to Lyn, her chatelaine is beautiful.

5:24 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Well done to Lyn, her chatelaine is beautiful.

5:25 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

She did a fantastic job!!!

10:23 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

I agree she did a wonderful job. it was very kind of you to show her how to make one.

sammyjo

10:51 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

What a beautiful story. You really are an inspiration to us all. xx

12:29 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Both Chatelaines are gorgeous!

10:27 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

As far as I am concerned this is the best thing you have ever made and I really covet it so ...... I need to know how to make this please? Could you share it with me too please please because I LOVE IT to pieces just like you my little friend.
All my love Patti xxx

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger