***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 24 May 2007

Oh WOW just look at this...



Here you can see this gorgeous scissor case that Becky has made as a gift for me :-))) I can't tell you how beautiful this is in real life and as for Becky's stitching, I can tell you it is ABSOLUTELY perfect. Every stitch is identical and honestly it is so neat you would think it had been printed !! There are many speciality stitches in this piece and some tiny pearl beads it really must have taken her hours and hours to do and I appreciate it so, so much :-)))

If you look below you can see how she has made the closure with the section of cutwork for the ribbon to be threaded through and the pretty heart crystal that the ribbon ties around when it is shut. I love heart shapes and it is a perfect match for the Rhodes Hearts that Becky has stitched on this. It is finished so neatly, (contrary to what Becky's own opinion is) and prettily. The size in real life is about the same as the top picture. I guess you all know by now how much I love dainty things :)




The colours are so fresh and spring-like and the lining fabric Becky has chosen is another perfect match, wait... it does not end here...see this next picture below? I was also sent these really pretty pink scissors along with their leather case that sit inside the case Becky made. I think you will all agree with me that this certainly lives up to its name of 'Simply Elegant Scissor Case'.




I thanked Becky yesterday when this arrived to me and it is so difficult to actually say in words just how touched I am by her kindness and how I feel very honoured to now own such a beautiful piece of Becky's needlework to display amongst my most treasured items. Infact I feel I am actually walking around in a bit of a daze lately as I am so stunned at the kindness that has been showered on me and I can honestly say I have got a nice warm feeling of happiness just now, so much so, I think I must be glowing... ;-))

Once again I will tell you Dear Becky that I LOVE IT and know it came from the heart and I thank-YOU from the bottom of mine xx

P.S. I forgot to picture the back...sorry!

Once more cheers for stopping by to visit my blog :-))

41 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is truly lovely!

3:09 am  
Blogger Nicole said...

Helen,

It's absolutely beautiful! Becky is definitely one of a kind! what a beautiful heirloom to treasure!

3:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift for you! I am honored to own Becky's work (that I won) and it truly is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

4:51 am  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It's gorgeous, Helen! Becky's finishing is lovely as always.

4:56 am  
Blogger Sandy said...

It's so pretty. Becky did a great job stitching for you. TFS.

5:40 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

Lucky,you Helen, Becky's gift is simply gorgeous.Have a nice day.

7:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Congratulations Becky

7:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, you are glowing... so much that we can feel it ! your words for Becky and the way you are expressing them are really moving. Your inside feelings perfectly match the wonderful person you are !

8:05 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That case is exquisite! So very sweet of our dear Becky... :)

12:42 pm  
Blogger cathymk said...

Just gorgeous!! Becky stitches such lovely pieces.

12:57 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a l ovely gift that you've received from dear Becky :) I'm sure you're walking on air :)
She's a sweet, generous and kind lady; just as you are...enjoy it!

1:00 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a gorgeous gift you received from Becky, but well deserved I am sure.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Absolutely a lovely gift! Simply elegant ;)

You're right Helen the Long Dog 18th Century Sampler employs quite intense stitching, going really slow but still loving it!

1:22 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

A very lovely and thoughtful gift! The stitching is beautiful, and I love the hearts.

Nancy

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand why you are dancing in the air ;-)
Becky's gift is absolutly exquisite !
Enjoy Helen
(((HUGS)))

2:08 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Dear Helen :)
I am so happy you like the scissor case. I just think so much of you as a person/stitcher and friend and wanted to send you a token of friendship. You are an amazing talent in our community and I enjoy your friendship and blog so very much :)
You entry almost made me cry :) You're a dear :)
hugs to you :)

3:05 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

It really is gorgeous! What a nice gift :-).

3:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW !! Congratulations Becky ! It's a wonderful scissor case you received !!

3:35 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Felicidades a Becky por tan hermoso bordado y felicidades para ti por tan hermoso regalo....

4:12 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

And this is the little scissors pocket that Becky wasn't happy with? I don't even want to *know* what the pieces look like that she *is* happy with. This is perfection!

8:02 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh wonderful, Helen! That's utterly gorgeous!!

8:08 pm  
Blogger Von said...

VBG! I think you now know what I felt like upon opening your wonderful gift to me. :) It pleases me immensely to see this delicate, elegant piece of stitching wonder residing with you, knowing how much you will treasure it!

10:20 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a beautiful gift!

10:31 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so beautiful! How nice of her to send that too you!

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so prett. I had admired her when I saw it in Becky's blog and I am so glad it went to such a loving home :)

12:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so pretty. I had admired her when I saw it in Becky's blog and I am so glad it went to such a loving home :)

12:11 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning!

7:14 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

WOW!! I would say you are one lucky lady but I think you really deserve this.
Lots of love
Patti xxx

12:38 am  
Blogger Carol said...

So beautiful - Becky has spoiled you to bits :-)

4:28 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a treasure this scissor case is. Becky did an amazing job.

6:13 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What a gorgeous case, and the little pink scissors she found for it are perfect.
Sue

7:17 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gorgeous! What a great gift!

7:39 am  
Blogger Claire said...

That is so pretty and dainty looking.... you must be so chuffed with your gift from Becky.

Hugs
Claire

9:15 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

How gorgeous! Its a lovely keepsake from such a dear lady.

1:03 pm  
Blogger Cathy B said...

What a beautiful gift from Becky!

4:31 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

What a beautiful gift! Becky really outdid herself here! What a wonderful gift! Debby :)

5:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's so beautiful!

1:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real treasure..

6:32 pm  
Blogger Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

Woww that is a fantastic gift!! So beautiful :)

5:30 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

That scissor case is to die for!! Wow it is totally beautiful!! I bet you are so excited !! Debby :)

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is always a beauty to see on your blog. kisses

6:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger