***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 7 July 2007

Pretty things........

I thought I had better pop in to say a happy 'Hello' to you all before you forget who I am ;-) I have not been on-line an awful lot lately as I have been out buying, (then returning then re-buying as I am so fussy (my MIL will be laughing at this when she reads it) ;-) all the nice things to finish my recently decorated rooms and getting everything back to feeling like home :) This has included Plain Curtains, Modern Curtains, Silk Curtains, Linen Curtains, Flowery Curtains, Long Curtains, Short Curtains you name it they have been tried out in my room!! I finally settled on some as per usual from Laura Ashley as they seem to really suit my old house and are a Linen Union (so it does not crease) with really muted roses on them. You can see them below how they look in my bay window which is actually huge (track is 21ft long)but somehow does not look it on this picture maybe because I was stood on a chair to try to fit it on the camera screen!! I won't go into the cushion, picture, mirror saga too ;-)) I have also done lots of sorting out yet again in my cupboards and drawers all over the house. Funnily enough 'Mount Ironmore' is still waiting with an even larger summit...lol. We had a busy weekend the other week for my Dads Birthday when all of our family got together and it was really good fun and the meal was super yummy!! I seem to have been so rushed off my feet with 'real life' have tired myself out and fancied a bit of a break from the computer...you must know how it gets with trying to cram everything in and still have time for your family?




I have done 'some', well a little... stitching but cannot show you as yet...one is for a suprise to somebody and it is getting posted on Monday, I had hoped for sooner than that but time has not allowed before now. The other thing is I have finished the stitching on something I started whilst in Wales, yes, all that time ago...lol, I told you I had not much time ;-) Anyway I want to finish it completely into the smalls before showing you, much nicer that way don't you think? I have finished another little thing but I can't show that either just yet ;-) I am also ever so slowly working on something for an exchange I am doing and have all my ideas in place for the finishing. I hope that turns out as planned once I come to do it as it should hopefully be nice :-)))

I didn't want to post without sharing something nice for you to feast your eyes on ;-)) so I am showing you these pretty things I have just recently got from my lovely Mum - Veronica. Those who read mine and my sisters blog might remember recently our Mum made Su a lovely Redwork Cat Pinkeep? Well good 'ol Mum has to treat us the same so if one of us gets something the other one does too in a short space of time :-)) Here you can see below the gorgeous Redwork Pinkeep for me. This is my tiniest one yet, I have pictured it with a childs thimble so you can guess-timate the size. The design is from Casamia and it is stitched 1/1 on 32ct Antique White Linen with Anchor 1206 thread. I absolutely love it :-)))))))))))))





My next picture is this lovely little Boot Pincushion that has been made from black felt. My Mum has stitched the sides together with a wine colour thread using Blanket Stitch, it was very difficult to photograph and not get a shadow with it being black. As you can see it has pretty ribbons, braid and beads onit. My SIL has got one too but made of cream felt and Su will be getting hers shortly. I do love this very much as well :-))))))))))) If you look at the Neighbourhood RR blog (link in my sidebar) in the next day or two I am going to do the update of Veronica's stitching on Su's piece. It has been finished for a weeks now, completely fiished apart from any other bits Su wants to add, it looks really, really good so... a bit of excitement to watch out for ;-)))




I too have had a go at the picture letters, I did my name and think like how it looked :) So until my next time have fun and happy stitching and creating and those who are going on holiday have a great time. Maybe our rain will stop and we will get some sunshine!!

See you all again soon and once again thank you so much to all of you who visit and take the time to leave me a comment, it makes my day :-)))))

H is for Yorkshire E L Château de Chenonceau N

28 Comments:

Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my Helen...such a treat for the eyes :)
I love your bay window and all the assundry fixings you have there...lovely!
And your Mum's little creations are so sweet! Simply adorable!
Big hugs to you...Katie is stitching away on Amy's giftie :) She's so excited and I'm a wee nervous...hoping she'd hurry up and get it done so we can get it finished :) LOL!

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oh my, I didn't know you and Su were sisters! You learn something new every day I guess :o)
Your mom sure is as talented as the two of you! I love the little pinkeep! It is just so cute!

And that pincushion is adorable! I need to try and make one for my mom, she collects mineature shoes! It shouldn't be that hard to make should it? Is there a pattern on-line somewhere or did your mom just make it up on her own?

9:41 pm  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Your mom is such a darling! Love the stitchings and the boot pin cushion very unique!

1:44 am  
Blogger staci said...

What lovely little treasures from your mom!!!

4:02 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

Helen your home looks to be a very lovely and peaceful place!

I love the gifts your Mother made for you - of course the little pinkeep is my favorite. It is just beautiful.

Wishing you sunshine,
Nancy

6:04 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

So good to hear from you Helen - take care xxx

7:34 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a lovely post, Helen. It's great to catch up on things with you. :) Your curtain saga has me chuckling - I am so much the opposite. But your bay window looks HEAVENLY - I would genuinely love to curl up there with a book or some stitching. :)

Your redwork piece took my breath away, and then I saw that utterly adorable boot pincushion and I was, I must admit, overwhelmed with envy. How awful of me! And on a Sunday, too! I will have to try to figure out how to make something like this, as it is just too precious for words.

Enjoy that last hours of a (sunny?) weekend!!

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veronica's redwork is just precious! As is that cute boot!!

11:29 am  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Thank you so much for updating your blog I have been waiting. Love your curtains definitely the right choice and, like me, you used to procrastinate but now you just can't make up your mind! Am so envious of the pinkeep and little boot they are both definitely to die for! But my little friend you definitely deserve them because you make such beautiful things for other people that you deserve to receive beautiful things too. Lots and lots of love Patti xxx

12:23 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Love the boot as I hadn't seen that one finished, Can't wait now for mine LOL!!
Glad you FINALLY settled on those curtains, they looked the best and I love the length of them, and glad you never changed the tie-backs either they are really lovely, I quite fancy them for our house - but I promise I won't copy!

12:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice curtains, pinkeep !!and the boot is so cute !!

1:31 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

The pinkeep is lovely, Helen!

Your bay window must really brighten up your home!

1:50 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

I love the pinkeep, it is gorgeous. All that talent in one family :-). I am in awe!

2:13 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

The curtains look great Helen and your mums pinkeep and pincushion are gorgeous.

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't send you sunshine : it doesn't stop raining here :(
Love your curtains and your bay window

So good to read you again
Take care my friend

8:19 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

Helen, I am still excited each time that I lay eyes on the tiny FOB that you sent! You obviously have your mom's talent for perfect stitching!

Very nice window treatment selection :-) .

1:25 am  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Your curtains are lovely, what a wonderful window shape. The pinkeeps were gorgeous too, lots of fun eye candy for us on your blog today. :)
Sue

2:59 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen it is so great to see your blog! You do have some just lovely things!! Wow you must feel so loved! I just love the little redwork cushion! It is soooo pretty! Your window is really pretty as well! We too have been getting way too much rain. Supposed to have a rain shower this afternoon and the ground is just saturated too! Hope you get some sunshine and thank you for your really nice comment in my blog! Take care! Debby :)

3:45 pm  
Blogger NIKY said...

Lovely as always.

7:00 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

I just love the pinkeep its so small and cute.

9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a lovely home. I think I'm getting to the point for a change again. I always liked Laura Ashley myself.
The little pieces are charming! I can't wait to see Su's NRR!

8:23 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Shrek III was so enjoyable Helen - just as good as #1 and personally I think better than #2.
Well all the effort you put into finding the right curtains & accessories has paid off. Your bay window looks great.
Your mother has certainly been spoiling her girls - gorgeous smalls. I'm looking forward to the Neighbourhood RR update.

2:16 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

The curtains are perfect! I have never thought to go in there - I don't know why but I think their stuff would suit me to a T! Whata sweet little pinkeep. You have a very talented mum. xx

4:40 pm  
Blogger catandturtle said...

I love your bay window and the curtains are perfect. It looks like a relaxing place to be. Your work is wonderful too, everything looks so lovely and delicate. Beautiful. Ann.

2:34 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your home is looking beautiful - so cozy and inviting. I love the little boot pincushion - adorable!

4:31 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi mum

I love the little boot.
I think it is SOOoooooooooooooo cute!
I love that your name has bin put on your blog so nice pattens.

LOVE YA
AMY XX

10:42 am  
Blogger Chelle said...

That little boot pin cushion is just precious! Your photography is always lovely. I enjoy visiting your blog!

5:44 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love your new curtains, have always wanted a bay window myself.
And the pinkeep from your mum is gorgeous!

1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger