***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Pinkeep Exchange for Chris

Here is what I made for Chris for the Pinkeep exchange from SBEBB, it is a little shy about coming out of the case to reveal itself ;-))




Anyway with a bit of persuasion I managed to convine it that even though it is a bit different it was is very pretty and good enough to show itself to the world :) Now it has decided to come out of the case, it feels rather proud, as it knows it is totally unique and therefore it is a little bit special!




It wanted you to see that yes, it is indeed a pinkeep and to show you its tiny silver pins that are in every flower around its edge ;) It was feeling a little plain as its pins were so small and I had to tell it it did not suit the big headed ones as it looked pretty enough on its own :)





Now it is feeling much more confident and it is doing a twirl for you ladies ;-) so you can see the little pocket it has on its back to hold a secret surprise which is a needle threader. It was a little unsure about its button but it was handpicked my by DD as the flower went with the fabric so it decided it would wear it with pride!!





Now it wants me to tell you all about it ;-) My partner Chris has a name on the BB of 'Brown Tabby' I do not know alot about Chris other than she is a very caring lady who has a great love of cats. I had nothing in my stash appropriate for a cat lovers Pinkeep so after a bit of thought whilst mopping the kitchen floor inspiration came to me. This inspiration was a picture that came into my head that I instantly drew very quickly onto the cover of my cheque book incase I forgot it. Later that day I got my pencil and graph paper out and created my own design from the quick doodle I had done. This is totally from my own head and not an adaption from other designers charts even down to the numbers. I like to use speciality stitches and nice threads so this little design is stitched with Caron Waterlilies and Au Ver A Soie silk threads on Wichelt 36ct flax linen. I have used one strand throughout the whole design. The numbers and initials are stitched 1/1 it has 8 sided Eyelets above the year numbers with Algerian eyelets on the right hand side. The heart is filled in with Satin Stitch and double backstitch rows above that. I was really pleased with the result and had alot of fun in creating this and choosing the colours. I did make little adaptions with the colours and layout as I was stitching it to get it right. I put the pocket on the back as I have seen them on some of your pinkeeps and think they look nice and had wanted to try one for myself. I chose a pretty spring like fabric with cats on (of course) for the contrasting reverse side. And now I guess you all want to know the name of my design?? Have you guessed yet.....no!! Then I shall tell you it is 'Brown Tabby' as, if I hadn't got Chris's name, then this maybe would never have been created :-)))I am most pleased to know she loves her exchange piece from me......phew!! I hope you like looking at it to :-))




I am glad you like my photos of Wales and the wee stitching shop I visited thank-you for telling me and once again thank-you for dropping by :)

I'll hopefully be back soon until then Happy Stitching and blogging!

29 Comments:

Blogger cathymk said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep! Lovely work Helen!

2:30 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

No reason to be so shy you beautiful thing!! Come out, come out and show yourself!!
You did a wonderful job Helen - 'Brown Tabby' is a pretty design and your stiching and finishing are lovely.

2:46 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It's beautiful and so special as you designed it :) WE can all tell Chris is thrilled :) Congratulations :)

3:29 am  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Your creations are so lovely. You pay so much attention to details! Excellent work!

4:34 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Your pinkeep is so sweet!

4:37 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

Helan it's really cool, I love it, I think that Chris 'll so happy to receive it.

7:40 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh My Goodness, Helen! Remind me to mop my kitchen floor more often. Maybe someday, I'll create something this beautiful too. Although I doubt it. It's sweet, it's pretty, it's brilliant. You rule!

8:13 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

You're amazing, Helen! I love the post - the little-by-little discovery of this remarkable pinkeep. And what a wonderful design you created! I obviously need to spend more time mopping!!!

10:53 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Beautiful pinkeep! I love the flowers around the edges and the pocket in the back

11:03 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous pinkeep, congratulations Helen. The photo's from Wales are lovely, I keep meaning to do a road trip to the Nimble Thimble, but haven't managed to fit it in yet.

11:57 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

Such a lovely little pinkeep! I love the flower trim.

Nancy

12:10 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

It's very cute and I love how you personalized it for the recipient. That's so sweet :-).

12:16 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely story and a super tribute to Chris...I'm sure she was thrilled down to the tips of her toes to receive a special made pinkeep just for her! You amaze me Helen with your talent :)

1:18 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's gorgeous and so special! I love the brown tabby. A lovely exchange gift :)

1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic pinkeep. You have to be proud of your creation :-) It's very nice ! Congratulations !

3:15 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Helen what a beautiful pinkeep you have made!! It is just totally adorable and I just love the colors!! You do such beatiful work always and are so talented as to your displays of your work!! Great finish!! Debby :))

4:03 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

I love it H, its a stunner.... and you ARE clever!!

4:16 pm  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Aw, how adorable is this! I love it, Helen :)

7:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, your little pinkeep needn't be shy because it's the belle of the ball. Hopefully this is the first of many beautiful designs. The colours, clever use of stitches and beautiful finishing are all breathtaking and, tell Amy, the button is perfect :>)
Hugs, Angela

7:36 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

That is simply beautiful and what a wonderful story to go with it!! Glad you liked Wales. I do too. Cardigan bay area is simply wonderful!! xx

8:04 pm  
Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, my but *Brown Tabby* is just gorgeous Helen!!! I love it!!! And such a lovely story and the piccys are so gorgeous... Wonderfully inspiring as always, Sweetie... :-)

10:11 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

That's a beautiful design Helen! You're very talented, your work is beautiful!

11:54 pm  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Your pinkeep for Chris was so creative and well thought out. Just great!

1:31 am  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Helen, I have been catching up on your wonderful blog and exquisite stitching! I just love your posts and the way you write them. Such gorgeous little detailed stitching on your thank you gifts and I LOVED your beautiful pictures of Wales - I want to see it now and visit the Nimble Neeedle! And this pinkeep you designed for Brown Tabby Chris is nothing short of a work of art. I think the uniqueness of your own personal design and all the wonderful details you added, down to the little pins and button on the back, make it a priceless treasure. Gorgeous, gorgeous work!!

3:45 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It is gorgeous, as a cat person myself I think it turned out perfect, design and backing fabric. The way you did the pins on the side looks great as well, they fit in so pefectly with the little flowers along the edge.
Sue

5:23 pm  
Blogger Concetta said...

Your pinkeep from Lisa is beautiful. I know I've probably told you this before, but I so love your photos. You're not only a talented needleworker, but also photographer! :)

And your daughter is fantastic! I can't believe how talented she is already.

11:17 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

It's so beautiful, congratulations! Your design is wonderful, I think it is just perfect.

7:03 am  
Blogger Paola B. said...

Ohhh, It's a gorgeous pinkeep and the little pocket is very useful for the secrets, hi, hi, hi ;-)

9:21 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

Lovely finishing as always. Love to you.

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger