***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 18 May 2007

Pinkeep Exchange Part 2 for me..



I got sent this lovely Pinkeep from Lisa (all the way from New Zealand) for the Needlework Smalls exchange on SBEBB. As you may know the design is by The Drawn Thread and is my first one of these designs. Lisa told me it was her first pinkeep finish but you would never know as it is so nicely made! I got sent some extra goodies with it too that I am so pleased with :))
Many thanks again Lisa, I think it is a beauty :))) I can't link you to Lisa's blog as I'm not actually sure if she has one?? As you can see the picture above is the front and below shows the fabric used for the back and it has gold sparkly chiffon ribbon with gold pins around it. It is light as a feather and I'm most curious to know what is inside it....hmmmmm??

What do you put inside your pinkeeps....cardboard? forms? padded mount board? which I have never found here yet acid free. Do you pad them out or not? Do you use self adhesive cardboard?? Lastly do you glue or stitch?? Seems like most people glue them whereas I stitch them but ladies...da da dah I bought some glue yesterday!!! Whether I use or not, I'm not sure but at least I have taken the first step and bought some now ;-))




Hope you all have fab weekends, not sure when I'm back as we are still decorating but it won't be too long......until then have fun and thanks for visiting :-))

23 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Very beautiful! I love the pinkeeps you have been showing us.

Nancy

12:26 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is a beautiful pinkeep you have received there Helen :) She did a fabulous job and I love that fabric on the back!
Pinkeeps...well I use just plain old matboard...I buy a huge piece of it when its on sale and it lasts me a long time. I put one piece of quilt batting glued on the two front and back pieces and three layers in the middle. I mount the stitched piece and back material by gluing to the backside of the matboard and then I stitch the two pieces once dry together...I find that it makes it very sturdy stitching them together. :) I then glue cording or ribbon round and stick in my pins...viola it is finite :)

12:40 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

I've stitched this design twice now - I really love it. Lisa did a beautiful job finishing it!

1:32 am  
Blogger cathymk said...

How pretty! A lovely piece to add to your workbox.

1:39 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Lisa did a good job :)
Enjoy :)

I have finished pinkeeps in a number of ways. I have used a special fabric glue and I have sewn them. I usually use cardboard covered with a layer of batting :)

Have a great weekend :)

4:08 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

This is a lovely exchange - DT are one of my faves and this small sampler made into a pinkeep is no exception.

I use card and stick padding on the top, and I use glue, and sometimes I whip stitch the edges together.

8:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous pinkeep, Lisa did a great job!

9:19 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Beautiful pinkeep! Enjoy the decorating :)

11:58 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous Pinkeep, congratulations

2:48 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

This is a beauty and I love the backing fabric!

I have used glue also but this weekend I am trying to stitch mine together for the first time.

3:46 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

lovely pinkeep!!
enjoy your weekend!!

4:55 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

That is a really beautiful pinkeep from Lisa - the fabric is so elegant!

4:59 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

The pin keep is lovely, what a beautiful exchange to receive. I've not made one of these yet, however one of these days I'm planning on it as they are so pretty.
Sue

5:18 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Some beautiful pinkeeps, both the ones you've received and the ones you've made yourself.

5:42 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

*Very* nice pinkeep, Helen! I've never made one myself, because I can't seem to be able to get a hold of the right materials down here. But if I were to make one, I'd definitely use glue :o)

8:40 pm  
Blogger Rowyn said...

What a gorgeous pinkeep, and beautifully finished. Lisa (who does have a blog - http://stitchiekiwi.blogspot.com) did a great job!

11:22 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your pinkeep is beautful! I have made 3 pinkeeps. The first I sewed! The other's were glued- and glue it will remain!

7:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This pinkeep and yours are beautiful ! Great job !

10:08 am  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

What a pretty exchange! :o)

8:18 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, it's wonderful to see you receiving such a beautiful pinkeep!

6:03 am  
Blogger Paola B. said...

It's one of my favourite designs of Drawn Thread, I love the finishing idea of the pinkeep, is very pretty !

10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like these sweet colors
she did a beautiful work, enjoy !

10:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHat a nice pinkeep you received ! You must be very happy indeed !

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger