***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 20 May 2007

First Steps...



Some of you know that my 8yr DD has a little blog for her first tentative steps into the world of stitching. I am so pleased as you would imagine that she is taking an interest in this hobby. I tend to leave her to herself as I do not want to force this on her...fearing that she will hate it. Her efforts are therefore few and far between but when she decides to do something it is always lovely :)) Her Gran (my Mum) can somehow manage to get DD to sew.....no, correction DD asks Gran if she can sew?? Seen as my Mum is a wonderful needlewoman she is only too pleased to oblige. The last weekends request from DD was for books to do designing and the sewing machine please!! Oh boy...she loves the sewing machine and now tells her Gran to go away as she can do it...lol!!

What you can see above is the result of DD's own designing...parts are entirely her own, a little bit from a book and definately her own colours and ideas. I think she is brilliant :) :) :) At the moment she has had 'enough' of evenweave linen and likes this Binca and the threads her Gran has left over from teaching needlework in a school, as she can see quick results...a girl after her mothers heart, don't you think ;-)) ...lol

Look and see that personalisation A to H...how cool is that from some-one who is 8 :)

Next, look down and take in this fab bow...goodness me...mine are not even that nice and I was proudly told that "Gran did not do it for me".




This next picture shows the fabric that was chosen for the back, DD knows that I hold our French stitching friends in such high regard for their talents, soooooo, look at what she chose!! This took her 4 and a half hours to do and apart from Gran turning it the other way out after it being machine sewed it was all her own work. Pretty cool huh!! DD made a few more things last weekend and when she gets the time (from her busy social life) she will update her blog and apparently she is going to do a tutorial of how to make a pillow on her blog for you all. Be sure to check in when she does so that you know you are doing them right ;-)))




Those that follow DD's stitching will be pleased to know that Mary Kirby is finished apart from about 4 stitches but I don't seem able to get her to do them...sigh ;-) Next up...Carol and Karen, she is making you a gift but don't hold your breath it might take 2 years to get to you the rate we are going, at least the thought is there ;-)) I have to pass a message on to you Carol..." I really like that lady with the cats" Her other favourites are Joanie with her horses and KiwiJo with her dogs :-)) Oh and Vero DD thinks you have the nicest blog of all :)) but she want hers to look like Becky's :-))

Thanks for calling by, I do appreciate your visits :-))

Have a great Sunday!!

34 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

What a lovely little treasure your daughter has made! The backing fabric is very sweet and pretty!

Nancy

2:47 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh Helen, Amy is just amazing!

5:09 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Helen, I think your daughter is a super genius!!! She actually designed this too??? You must be bursting with pride. And she's funny, too!

6:01 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Her pillow is fabulous! Tell her I need to read her tutorial. How lovely that your daughter is able to share your love of needlework-even if it's sporadic at times. I think it's awesome.

7:14 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'd always just assumed that Amy was older than 8 - now I really am totally speechless! She's incredible!

Max, our (just-turned) 9 year old also works on Mary Kirby "Home" on-again/off-again and we stitched together for about an hour on Ascension Day. :D

7:33 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

So sweet! :)

9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet! Amy is very talented - she obviously has yours and your mum's needlework/sewing/designing skills!

I love the fabric she chose for the back and the little design she did - congratulations Amy for doing it all yourself. Your fabric bow is perfect - mine don't always look so good :)

And a gift for me - how kind! {{{Hugs}}} to you both :)

9:30 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

That's such a lovely little pillow! A great bit of stitching and finishing :) I live the flower and the ABC - very sampler style. And the backing fabric is really pretty. Congratulations Amy! :)

9:39 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations to Amy, your pillow is lovely

12:33 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh WOW!! My wonderful neice has struck again - tell Amy aunty Su thinks she did a marvellous job and when she comes to stay with us she will have to show me how to make such a perfect little pillow and do those perfect bows.

12:39 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Amy's talent must be in the genes. My mum and both grandma's used to sew, knit and crochet so it was always likely I would follow and 'binca', oh what memories from school. :)
Well done Amy your little pillow is fabulous.

12:55 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Very sweet! I think you are exactly right about not pressuring her. I can't imagine she won't end up being a stitcher, I'll bet all that talent is hereditary ;-).

12:56 pm  
Blogger Cindy said...

Amy is really talented, just like her mum! She is really wonderful!

4:33 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a beautiful gift from your daughter! Congrats to her - she sounds very talented :)

5:26 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

your daughter did a wonderful job!

7:06 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

How special is this piece??? VERY nice work, Amy :)

10:03 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Amy did a wonderful job - you and your mum must be very proud of her. It is wonderful that she is having this very special time with her grandma. The memories will be priceless.

What a pretty pinkeep from Lisa. Wish I could tell you what I put in mine and whether I sew or glue but truth be told 've never made one - hopefully very soon.

Have a wonderful week and enjoy your decorating. I am sure it will be just as lovely as your blog. No wonder Amy is so talented - like mother, like daughter.

1:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waow wonderful work Amy congratulations

7:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it's cute !!!

10:07 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

What a talented daughter you have there Helen! She most definitely is taking after her talented mom and Aunt Su! I began stitching when I was a little girl and then learning to cross stitch just became a passion for me. I think it is wonderful that she is finding this wonderful hobby at a young age!! Good going Amy!! Debby :))

10:37 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

ohh how sweet, and how clever your DD is :) I think its wonderful that she is very keen to learn all about sewing and crafts. Keep up the great work Amy :)

10:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter is doing a great job! My daughter (who is turning 8 in June) found a design of a fairly small angel in one of the JCS ornament issues that she wants to stitch and we are probably going this weekend to the LNS to pick some threads and fabric for it :)

Thanks so much for stopping by at my blog and for your nice comment on my Redwork Exchange piece. I have browsed your albums and website and your stitching and finishing is just gorgeous! I need to learn how to make such beautiful tassels as you do!!

12:00 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is just to precious and clever and sweet! I loved this post!

5:29 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cute! My on little DD is into vrafting too but seing as she s only 5 yrs old, she is having a hard time grasping the concept of xs.

8:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the third talented generation is on moving :)))

10:47 am  
Blogger Petra said...

Beautiful pattern and finish. Amazing how talented your DD is! Way to go!
Petra in NJ
timetostitch.livejournal.com

2:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to her !

4:37 pm  
Blogger Sandy said...

such a cute little pillow, Amy did a great job, you both should be proud. TFS

6:27 pm  
Blogger Charlene said...

Hi .. Amy is so amazing. How nice to have mother and daughter with the same interest.

3:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand why you are smiling through your words Helen! Amy did a wonderful job on her piece. 3 generations of fabulous stitchers-what a great treasure.

4:36 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Obviously your DD takes after you and her Gran for her sewing skills. Let's hope she doesn't go off it and continues to churn out some lovely items. Well done her.

6:59 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Wonderful. She is definitely walking in your footsteps! Hope my dd finishes her butterfly! xx

7:45 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Hermoso... he aca una futura gran bordadora... felicidades.. y felicidades a Amy

4:14 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Very cute finish, she did a wonderful job.
Sue

7:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger