***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 30 May 2007

Mattress Pincushion

Remember when I showed you my WIP a little while ago and I had also said I was going to try a new type of finish for me ? Well, ta da... VOILA :-)




From one of the new Prairie Schooler charts, this one being called 'Rain Rain'. My Mum bought this when we went to The Needlework Show at Newcastle back in March. I knew straight away I had to borrow it from her to stitch for my lovely friend Colette who if you remember has made me 2 gorgeous Pinkeeps that I showed you on here . It reminded me of Colette with her little dog and I knew I wanted to do it 1/1 so it would be a bit more special and I thought the design was perfect for that. You might not believe looking at this but it took me 10 days of my time to stitch it!! It is just a bit bigger than these photos and with the design being quite cross intense I took my time so that it would look lovely and smooth. I gave the little lady a face as she didn't have one but I am not sure you can make it out? It was a bit difficult to photograph up close with it being so small. I did a simple design for the back to personalise it.




For the finishing I used the dark brown in the design for the backstitch outline so that the design would be 'framed' with layers of 'Warm & Natural' inside. I had this very thin green silk ribbon and it matched well with the grass so I have used it all round the edge with a little bow at the top. I couldn't decide if it looked better with the pins or without and thought maybe without... but I put some in to send it and Colette can decide herself :-))




My package actually crossed paths with a surprise one on its way to me from Colette...I was very kindly sent the gorgeous new French Redwork Book called 'ROUGE' and will definately be using it, Merci again Colette :))
Thank-you for all the visits and comments on the beautiful gift Becky made me they were so nice to read :)) I shall be back quite soon as I have some more things to share. More on that another time but for now Happy stitching and hope you all have a great rest of the week!

46 Comments:

Blogger Barbara J said...

That's really pretty, love the mattress pincushion finishing!

2:15 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Aw Helen, how sweet!!! Lucky Colette!!

5:01 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulatons. Looking forward to seeing more of your treasures.

5:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waow what a lovely pincushion I'm sure Colette love it and it will brings sun because it rains in Belgium. I love this design of Prairie Schooler

7:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous finish! I love how you threaded the ribbon through the side - it's perfect :) I have this design and I've been very close to stitching it this week with all the rain we've been having.

7:25 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's beautiful! Prairie Schooler designs seem to work so well over one. Love the ribbon idea too - what an inspiration! :)

9:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen ! What a lovely small mattress !!! I LOVE it ! Your finishing is as wonderful as usual ! Bravo !

12:15 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is simply gorgeous Helen :)
Makes me want to grab my chart and get to stitching :)

1:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice it is !!!Congratulations ! Colette is very lucky !

2:33 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

What a sweet pin cushion! Love it. I think the internet is so wonderful for bringing people together that otherwise would never meet :-).

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really the most marvellous tiny gift I've received ! I simply love it, and haven't enough words to tell how I've been moved to discover it.
From the bottom of my heart : Thank you Helen !

3:10 pm  
Blogger Margie said...

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. :-) Bravo!

3:17 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Lovely pinkeep! I think it looks great without the pins...well done!

3:57 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

What a gorgeous finish :) WOW!! Truly a beautiful gift :)

4:17 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its beuatiful H, I bet Collette loves it, great finishing idea for this too - its perfect.

4:28 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's beautiful! What a sweet piece. I love it done over one and I love the idea of making a mattress pincushion with it - wonderful!

4:58 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

A beautiful stitched gift. Congratulations Helen. :)

5:00 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

It's very, very beautiful, great work over one!

5:17 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It's lovely, I like the different way that you finished it off.
Sue

5:37 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

This is beautiful - a lovely gift. I would love to learn this finishing technique some day.

Nancy

4:01 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

Helen, this little work is wonderfull, I just felt in love with him seeing it! Congrats!!!

12:25 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishing Helen, congratulations

12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! That's a wonderful gift (and I love your doll).

6:22 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a beautiful finishing job for this lovely design, Helen! You've outdone yourself once again. :D

Your model is pretty cute, too. ;)

3:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh soooo lovely!!!!! It's a little cute masterpiece!!!! Nice gift!

6:22 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Another beautiful finish! It looks great!

11:19 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Oh My Goodness!! Another stunning gift!

Helen, you never fail to amaze me. :D

6:33 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is great, don't suppose you could to a tutorial showing step by step on completing the mattress finishing?
Samplershirl - Arkansas.

5:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a wonderful gift for a lovely friend :)

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! The finishing is gorgeous!!

9:10 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

That is so pretty and held by the doll, how darling is that!!!

12:35 am  
Blogger Paola B. said...

Very, very beautiful ! This is a pretty designs from PS, in a stitching exchange I have received a little pinkeeper with this design ! I love your finishing touch !

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I am thinking about a mattress pincushion finish for an exchange I am in. I think it will turn out pretty :)

8:44 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen, I just love your little mattress pin cushion and how you have it displayed here is just so cute!! I love dolls, always have! I love the pattern you chose for this! I may have to try doing one of those sometime!! I have pressed so hard on my round robin that I am a bit behind on blogs, but I haven't forgotten you! You inspire me!!

Hugs
Debby :)

1:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful !

8:02 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Helen I just can't believe I haven't left you a comment on this gorgeous gorgeous piece and your finishing is just superb as is your stitching of course - you are a true inspiration and many many stitchers will copy this way of finishing in the future of this I am sure. Lots of Love Patti xxx

2:14 pm  
Blogger Sachiko said...

Oh!Very cute!!Your nice work.

1:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it !!!

9:49 pm  
Blogger Vero M said...

This is a pure beauty Ellen , and the finishing is perfect...as always :-)))

8:45 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Okay Helen, this is just awful. When will you learn not to show us such magnificent things? Now I want to try one myself! It's exquisite, girl!

5:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely pinkeep you've made!
Congrats!
You and Su's works always make me happy to see!
Looking forward to seeing your wonderful works!

2:35 pm  
Blogger Beti Copetti said...

What a sweet blog! Love your work, ideas,colors, delicacy, small details, everything!!!
I put a link in www.casaalmare.blogspot.com
Congratulations!!!!!

1:04 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

That is so pretty. Love the finish. xx

12:24 pm  
Blogger Georgie said...

This is soooo adorable! You are just too clever

12:12 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

My gawd! That's amazing!!!

1:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
I went to Colette yesterday.
I got a chance to see this work, to touch it. I's just fantastic.
I congratulate you again

7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger