***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 29 August 2006

Stitchy gifts...



Wow...I have had such a nice birthday and feel very lucky and most definately spoilt. Firstly thank-you all for the kind birthday wishes...I had a wonderful day full of surprises with all my close family turning up from all over the country when they had all arrived we all went out for a lovely meal that they had booked(another surprise). I even had a cake with a candle that played Happy Birthday then everybody came back to my house for a good old chat! It was so good to see Su and Mark fresh back from their holiday and they brought me the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers as an extra surprise I unfortunately do not have a pic of them with everything that went on that day and leaving for my holidays the next morning..but trust me they were lovely and went away with me :-))




I had some truly lovely gifts amongst them of course were the stitchy type!! The top picture is of a set that my Mum made me. It consists of a box that my Dad painted then Mum lined it with a pretty green floral fabric, in the box lid is a cross stitched design which she used silk threads then inside were more treasures...Mum had made me her first tape measure and her first tiny plant pot pin cushion only 1" (2.5cm) high...it is really so sweet. I have a needlecase which inside houses a small silver thimble and of course some needles, to finish the stitchers set I have got a tiny pair of gold scissors with their own very tiny fob and weeny buttons to finish it. As they were so small and pointy my Mum made them a special little case with the same fabric lining the box and weeny buttons to match the fob.





Another total surprise was when I got back from my holiday I had a little padded envelope waiting for me that had arrived whilst I was away. On opening it I found the most lovely hanging ornie that was from Annemarie for my birthday. This is such a lovely surprise gift and my 1st stitchy gift from somebody other than a family member. Annemarie has stitched it so neatly and her edging stitch is fantastic I don't even know how she has done it but it sure looks good. On this 1st picture it shows the wreath and heart with both our initials and the year the heart has little backstitches running across each xstitched row if you can make it out.




This other picture of Annemaries gift to me shows the other side of the ornie which again has so much detail to it including some great french knots and the little face is very neat 1/1 crosses and she even has her blusher on...girl after my own heart...lol!! The cording is superb and all handmade and finished with a small button on each side positioned so it does not matter which way the ornie is facing...very clever!! By the way Annemarie I had those same stripey tights she is wearing when I was a punk (just a couple of years ago ;-) Seriously I am so delighted with this gift and want to thank-you so much again for being so kind...made my day you did :-))




I also got some nice new stash for my birthday but that will have to wait for next time for me to show you along with my cake picture and my holiday :-))

Back soon have a good week everybody!!

14 Comments:

Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

I'm glad you had such a happy birthday! And what lovely stitchy gifts - is there anything better? You are so lucky to have a mom that stitches!

1:07 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Happy belated birthday! The set that your mom stitched for you is awesome! So nice that your dad could contribute to the gift by painting the box.

Very nice ornament from Annemarie too!

3:29 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

I'm glad you liked my little ornie, Helen. But of course it pales in comparison to the gift your Mum stitchied! Wow, she is one talented lady. I'm glad she'll be stitching on my Neighbourhood!
Hey, you were a punk, too? What's with punks turning into cross stitchers?

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all you make is very wonderful. Bizooxxx

12:55 pm  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

This is all exquisite! Your Mom is just the best! Such beautiful work.

1:49 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

What a lovely gift from Annemarie - no wonder you love it, it looks as nice on the picture as it sounded when you described it on the phone.

5:05 pm  
Blogger Leah said...

I see excellent finishing skills runs in the family. Beautiful gifts!

3:17 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a wonderful birthday. How very special that your mom & dad made you these wonderful treasures.

Margaret

4:40 am  
Blogger IsaB said...

Just too lovely! Your mum's set is exquisite and Anne-Marie's gift is precious... What a day! ;-)

1:51 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh I am so happy to see that you are back! I hope you had a wonderful time on your holiday! You got so many beautiful things here on your birthday and I love being able to see them! Thank you for your good advice on my dog problem. I am doing better now and don't think now that I broke my hand, but that it is bruised but should get better. I am planning on doing some stitching and hope to have something new up soon. I really missed you and am so happy to see you! Debby

2:46 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday! :) Wonderful stitchy gifts, too.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Excellent birthday celebration, Helen! You've been thoroughly spoiled. :D

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for missinf your birthday. The gifts you were offered are so pretty !!

1:03 pm  
Blogger Cindy said...

Just pop by your blog this morning, and was truly impressed with all your stitching work. Your mum and dad are really so nice, to make such a beautiful piece of work for you. Treasure it.
And may I wish you a Happy Belated Birthday.

2:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger