***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 20 July 2006

Teacher Gift


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I managed to get the teacher gifts done in time...I am only showing one as the other I made almost the same as the gift for my friend on a previous posting. Watercolor Heart used for that is a brilliant quick stitch and I always love doing it.
This other cushion/pillow is for my daughters most favourite teacher that she actually had the whole of last year.   This beautiful person who is really an angel on earth is diagnosed terminally ill with Pancreatic Cancer and has retired from teaching due to ill health.   The bravery and determination of this amazing lady is just incredible ,  even though so ill she is now swimming the equivalent of the English Channel for charity,  not for Pancreatic Cancer Charity but for a Childrens charity!!  This is done by swimming whatever distance is manageable in swimming pools,    this is then recorded officially.  On a recent school trip to the beach this particular teacher paid for them all 5 to 7 year olds (the whole of the Primary school) to have a huge Bouncy Castle and a Punch and Judy show out of her own money. So this is a thank-you gift to her.   I stitched the child building a sandcastle as that is what they all did and had a competition doing so...winner to be announced today! Trouble was the sand was dry so they all had little mounds instead of sandcastles ,  I had to chuckle away to myself  ;-)  but everyone had a lovely lovely day and the sun shone brightly for it,  it really was such a nice day as if magic was in the air,  somehow !

The little girl on the design is from a French chart I had...I used different threads from the suggested ones as I wanted to use my overdyes for this. I was really pleased with the colours as it was a bit more muted than the original design. The sandcastle comes from a book that I have with lots of nautical/beach type things in. I chose the checky fabric as it matches the gifts I did this same teacher last year and I know her favourite colour is blue. I added the abalone shell buttons to each corner as I thought they looked pretty and were the same colour blue as the hat on the girl and a good contrast to the lace.



This picture below is Veronica's (my Mums) stitching on Rachaels latest block for the Neighbourhood RR (<-- click link to see more of this RR) that she is doing with a group of ladies who blog. My Mum does not have a computer so I am showing it off here for her as I think it is brill!! 

 

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Lena-Lou, your pillow is so pretty!!! Wow you are very talented! You must also be a seamstress as well as a wonderful cross stitcher! That is just so beautiful and it sounds like you designed it from things you had! Your mum's beach scene is ever so pretty too! Kinda makes me want to go to the beach with all the hot weather we have been having!! :)) I love all the cute cliparts you put up! I need to learn how to do neat things like that too!

Debby L.

2:30 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely cushion, and lovely finishing

4:21 pm  
Blogger Von said...

What a great thank you gift, Helen! I'm sure she's thrilled with it. :D
Your mom's seaside cottage is so amazing!! What talent runs in your family. Thanks for sharing her pic with us. :D

4:30 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Well it's obvious where you and Su get your stitching skill from! Your cushion is lovely - I'm sure the teacher will love it - and your mum's square is wonderful. It looks so real!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Dianne said...

You are so thoughtful! I love the sweet cushion and I bet your daughter's teacher will too.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comments-much appreciated.

12:16 am  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

I love the RR block!! That's so pretty!

4:26 pm  
Blogger Leah said...

What a lucky teacher! Your pillow is beautifully made!!

11:52 pm  
Blogger IsaB said...

The teacher's gift is just too cute!! She must have been very happy to receive this. Congratulations!

8:53 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

The pillow is lovely, congratulations

2:51 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

Once again, I am in awe of your achievements. I love visiting your blog to see what gorgeous thing you've made this week! I am SO jealous. I wish I had the time, patience and talent to do what you do.

1:01 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Lena-Lou

Thank you for the nice comments about Chucky! I love hearing from you! I mowed the yard yesterday, and thought that if a thunderstorm came in, then I could stitch! Well, it did come in, just as I finished mowing, but I was too dirty and tired to get any stitching dne yesterday. Perhaps today I will get some in. These pictures of the beach are just so pretty and cheerful looking! You must be a great seamstress as well as a fabulous cross stitcher! I love your blog and it is sooo cute too!! I love all the neat graphics too!!

Debby

3:29 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Lena-Lou: Awesome! So beautiful! What talent you have for stitching & finishing. I like the idea of "pages" with the needle sizes/types" WOW

Your teacher project is wonderful. Such a good job on that, too. A nice keepsake for the recipient!

5:54 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your daughters teacher is very lucky to get such a lovely pillow! And I love your mom's house-it's so pretty and summery!

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger