***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 9 August 2006

Birthday Mailart...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI had super mail this morning ... my Mum has sent me this beautiful mailart envelope with an early birthday card (she likes my birthday to last a week). I had absolutely no idea it was on its way ,  her and my Dad are away at Su's looking after her cat Tasha while they are on holiday ,  talk about being taken by surprise LOL.  

This picture below shows the front and the tiny weeny pin holder to go with it.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThe next picture shows the reverse with the French writing across the back and the mother of pearl buttons my Mum has put onit. It has not come out the right colour for the linen on my pictures but the whole thing actually looks quite antique in real life and I can't seem to capture that which is a pity,  I need to practice getting good at pictures !!



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWhen the buttons are undone this next picture shows the fabric it is lined with and the lace bows. I really love it especially since it is the first mailart my Mum has done. The tiny pin holder is all stitched 1 over 1 ( as my Mum knows how much I love tiny xxx's) with tiny scissors and 3 tiny reels of cotton, a miniture quilt and ABC on the reverse side.  



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingInside were more surprises as it has the pin holder a beautiful birthday card a small credit card size card with a lovely verse about daughters and a silver heart ornie with 'best wishes' embroidered onit and a tiny red button at the bottom of the heart which is shown below as I wanted to show that as well. Thank-you so much from my blog Mum (even though you are not online to read it )  I LOVE it all as I have told you :)  and feel very spoilt...it brought a tear to my eye :-)))


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

What a wonderful gift from your mum! I think it is so nice that she too likes to stitch as you and your sister do. This gift has so much love in it for you and to think she wanted to make it for you must mean so much! She did a really beautiful job!! I love it!

Debby

4:29 pm  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

What lovely gifts from your mother! There is nothing better than something handmade, right? Happy birthday to Hamish as well - he is darling. And your bourse is beautiful as well!

Sandy

4:50 pm  
Blogger Glenna said...

Happy birthday! Your mom does such beautiful work. Thanks you for sharing the pictures of it with us!

3:26 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

Happy birthday to you and Hammish. What a lovely gift from your Mum!

6:48 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh its beautiful Helen, Mum has stitched such a wonderful piece for you I really love it.

Bet thats surprised you me commenting whilst on my hols, I just had to come and have a look

7:04 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Lena! Absolutely lovely gift from your Mom-something to always treasure!

5:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment about My Home Town. I'm fairly new to the blogging world and it's fun to get to know people and see what they're stitching. Your blog is lovely and I love what your Mom sent you, it's gorgeous.

1:01 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your pieces are so beautiful - I love that little toile bourse!

4:56 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

What beautiful mail art from your Mum! Happy Birthday Lena-Lou!!!!!!

10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger