***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 2 August 2006

Rose Bourse


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI have finished my bourse and I just love it...this was a very interesting little project to do. This picture below shows it flat. I changed the fabric from the original to go with my things and I also wanted to use my own abalone shell buttons.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis next picture shows the bourse with the drawstrings slightly pulled and the pincushion in the middle. The main part of the cross stitch was done 1 strand over 2 and it was all stitched on 32ct linen. I have done the whole of the finishing for this by hand as I am away this week and do not have my machine with me...but guess what I loved putting it together although it was rather slower by me than the machine would have been...lol


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingHere is a close up of the pincushion that in the centre. This is stitched 1 over 1 and has tiny ribbon bows made from silk which I think make it look really pretty.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMy last picture shows the bourse full of some of my stitching things...it is surprising what you could fit into one of these as it is actually quite small and dainty. The wording roughly translated into English is 'With my needle the roses flower in my garden' I actually liked the French wording very much so did not want to change it. This is from the French designer Au Fil des Reves (not the page I wanted but you can find more from there) who has done many beautiful designs...go take a look! I have a few in my stash now that I have been collecting and after this I look forward to doing them :-))



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingHave a good week stitching I'm starting my next project now...back soon!!

22 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Its absolutely gorgeous Helen, its so pretty and wonderfully stitched and finished - well done!!

10:49 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Oooh.... that's lovely - I would love to learn how to make one of those!

4:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous Helen, I love it - well done.

6:12 am  
Blogger Dianne said...

It's beautiful and so well crafted. Thanks for sharing. : )

6:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH so wonderful!! The pincushion is really cute!! I like !!
Thank you to visit my blog and for your congratulations!
Happy day! ths sunshine is coming back!
Amitiés
Christine

8:07 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

This is just exquisite - well done!

9:29 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Your bourse is just totally beautiful!!! It is actually breathtaking! Not only are you a wonderful cross stitcher, but you appear to be quite a good seamstress as well! I just love it!!

Debby

2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful !!!! your fabric is very nice !!
Best regards from Sylvie Au fil des reves designer

3:15 pm  
Blogger Concetta said...

Oh my gosh, your bourse is simply beautiful, Helen!! If only I could create something like that. Huge congratulations. I can't wait to see what you're stitching on next. :)

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beautiful!!! i love it so much! Kisses

7:14 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's gorgeous! Doesn't she do the most wonderful designs? You've stitched and finished it so beautifully - congratulations!!

1:43 am  
Blogger Leah said...

What a beautiful little bag!

2:49 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

This bourse is stunning! Wow. I'm speechless. France Broderie, here I come!
I received your package, by the way. Thank you so much! I will e-mail you later in the weekend.
What is this next project you're referring to?

8:39 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Your bourse is stunning! You have lovely finishing talents!!

12:04 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Helen:

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! I really love hearing from you! I did stitch a little today on my project but had to take out one specialty stitched flower as I had gone two extra threads to the left, but I did get a rose and another little flower done. Today is a better day and hopefully I will get more done this weekend and can put up some progress. Have a wonderful holiday and I always love to hear from you! :-)) Debby

5:11 am  
Blogger Julie said...

It wonderful. Beautifully finished too. Well done. Can'tg wait to see what you're up to next! x

10:38 am  
Blogger IsaB said...

It is simply lovely! Finitions are extra!

About the insertion of pics, I gave up. Just cannot catch a word about frames and co! HTML language is just too difficult for me! Never mind...it was not that important... lol

5:21 pm  
Blogger catandturtle said...

It is just beautiful. I have never seen anything like it. You did a beautiful job. Ann.

8:50 pm  
Blogger Sari (saristitching) said...

What a really nice bourse!! It is very exciting - absolutely LOVELY!

8:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this bourse is fantastic !! each detail is so perfect !

4:44 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lena, the bourse is beautiful-I love the colors and it is so dainty.

5:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have some very lovely projects on your blog. THe bourse is absolutely gorgeous. Very delicate looking and I love the red color.

9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger