***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 23 July 2006

Coastal Scenes


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingOne year ago today the ' Tall Ships ' were at the Marina near where I live so I thought I would show the photos of some of them seen as I have no new stitching to show as I have been away overnight this weekend and since I've come home I have been tidying cupboards and having a good clean. That evening last year was pretty chilly with the North Sea wind...so different to tonight as it is hot. There was lots of entertainment on and a fair with stalls selling things...the atmosphere was lovely with the music playing:-) This picture below is a closer view of the same ships before the sun started setting, I think there were 30 ships in total that night ready to set sail on the next leg of their race the following day.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingStill last year this a little further down the coast on a different day walking at the edge of the sea in the direction of the Marina...I seem to have lost most of my family in this picture :-)



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis last picture is of a much loved Yorkshire seaside town again not that far from where I live it is called ' Whitby ' and is one of my favourite places to be infact my husband and myself saw the Millenium in here...which has just reminded me I had made him wear his kilt on that New Years Eve (as he is Scottish and it was the Millenium)...it took him about 2 days to thaw out after that shall we say...lol!!



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI love the fishing boats on the picture and the seagull on the boats little mast...he was actually hoping for some of our fish and chips I think. Sorry the pics are a bit hazy but it is often like that on hot days here :-)

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

I just love your beautiful pictures! You live in such a pretty area! I have never been to your country, but it looks so peaceful and I love the beach. You have some wonderful pictures there :)

Debby

9:56 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Lovely photos! I've never been to Whitby, but I used to spend a couple of weeks in Yorkshire with my mum and dad every summer holiday - my grandparents lived in Giggleswick.

5:38 am  
Blogger Meari said...

What lovely views! Makes me wish I were there.

5:05 pm  
Blogger Dianne said...

These are excellent photos! I love the seaside.
Be sure to visit my blog in the middle of next month for some of my own seaside shots.

1:24 am  
Blogger Von said...

How I enjoyed seeing your wonderful English seaside photos, Helen! Oh, if only I could come over for a visit! I think I could give up my dreams of a new house if I was able to travel instead. :)

5:19 pm  
Blogger Shell said...

Whitby is one of my favourite places,I just love the whole feel of it.The stitching shop there is an added bonus.Great photos, not been for a few years,so I guess a visit is due.

11:11 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi Shell, The stitching shop is sadly not there any more and Artefacts the other one is mainly gifts now with just a small (very small) bit of stitching stuff. All our nice shops are going... to sad :(

11:23 pm  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

What pretty pictures! Oh, to have a coast nearby...

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger