***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 17 May 2009

From one 'H' to another...



After getting over Marsha's birthday celebrations and waiting for The Royal Mail to do their thing ;-) here I am with a little something to show.



Photobucket



Part of a design taken from the chart by Little House Needlework 'Home of a Needleworker (too)'


Photobucket



I stitched this for one of our blogging friends and by sheer luck it happened to arrive smack - bang on time, exactly on the day of........her birthday !! Whooo hooo - Now, if I had tried to get it there on time I would have failed miserably, so I am feeling very pleased with myself for this unknown punctuality :-))) I stitched this on 40ct using DMC threads that I matched up more or less to the cover photo........ apart from, I couldn't resist a Red front door on my house ;-) I always fancy my 'real' house, because of its bay windowed style, to be Black (guttering & down pipes ) White (windows) & Red (front door), next time it is painted outside I think I might go for this look!

I am still working on my Brenda Keyes sampler (I LOVE it but just do not stitch quick enough for my liking! I shall keep the stamina going, I shall keep the stamina going, I shall..... but SORRY (to myself) have to admit I have drifted off (go on, admit it you all knew I would ;-) actually this is the third time I have 'difted') and have nearly finished a BBD mini chart, of course LOL this is just a TEMPORARY hitch and I will be back to BK even before I can think of an excuse in my head not to be. Do you follow ?? Maybe not ?! On that note have a lovely Sunday and thanks for calling by, I am baking Fairy Cakes tomorrow if you fancy to stop for a chat and the kettle is always on ......

Take care , happy stitching


Ooops nearly forgot.   Edited to add : Did you know Ellen Chester the lovely designer behind 'With my Needle ' now has a blog ? You can find her here  :-))  Thanks Claudia for the original info :) 

37 Comments:

Blogger Daffycat said...

Precious scissor fob! Great timing for a birthday delivery!

2:12 am  
Blogger Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a beautiful fob! You did a great job and good for you for getting it there on the right day (even if it was accidental!).

3:22 am  
Blogger Heidi said...

Great little fob but then I am also partial to that initial...lol. Wish I could stop by for fairy cakes and tea but I am still very much stitchbound and seem at the moment to only be getting worse not better. Maybe it is time to call the hospital once again. Oh dear! Stitching keeps me company though. I cannot wait to see which Brenda Keyes you are working on. I love her samplers!

Hugs ~
Heidi

7:51 am  
Blogger Carol R said...

A lovely scissor fob Helen - there's one lucky recipient out there!

Enjoy your Sunday too. Mmmm fairy cakes - what is it about fairy cakes? Put the kettle on ...

[[[hugs]]]

12:34 pm  
Anonymous Cécile said...

It's very lovely and I know that you have something other to show us soon ;-)

2:17 pm  
Anonymous Eva said...

very pretty !

and ... congrats for being in time for her birthday LOL
big hugs

2:18 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

This is a beautiful fob! I know what you mean about drifting on larger projects. I do it all the time, but then all of a sudden one day they're finished! Have a happy Sunday!

2:22 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

I hope you have a lovely Sunday too. The scissor fob is really lovely and the finishing perfect. Lots of Love Patti xxx

2:46 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a lovely finish! And congrats on making it on time! LOL!

8:56 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Helen, what a pretty and very dainty little scissors fob. I love the way you have edged it. How nice that it arrived spot on the day!
Thanks for the link to Ellen's blog.
Hugs Angela
www.picturetrail.com/angelasweby

9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dainty is the right word, and it is precious too!! Thank you again for my BEAUTIFUL birthday surprise, Helen!!

7:27 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous fob, congratulations

10:07 am  
Blogger Siobhán said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous little fob! It is so sweet and dainty. YGG on getting it there on the day itself--couldn't have happened better if you tried! ;)

10:10 am  
Blogger Sally said...

What an adorable little fob:) I bet Harmien loved it.

10:41 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a cute wee fob! Lovely!
Hmmm fairy cakes and a cup of tea...sounds great :)

2:53 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Lovely!!

9:55 pm  
Blogger Kim B said...

It's darling!

10:59 pm  
Anonymous NatQuebec said...

soo cute little fob !! congrats

4:18 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

Darling little fobbie, Helen. Thank you for the Fairy Cakes and tea invitation...if only I could be there with you! Hugs, Deb

8:01 am  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh, such a cute little fob. It's adorable. Looking forward to seeing the finished BBD piece.

11:27 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous little fob. xx

11:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely scissor fob great work.. and yes i know exactly what you mean i am always drifting off to finish something small rather then get on with my blasted cheetahs lol

10:18 am  
Blogger nela said...

I am stunned, I do not understand anything, I will write to your mail ... I have been absent .. ahhh beautiful things that I see in your blog, you've come back onto the work, but I am concerned about Suu ... write your mail ...

2:52 am  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That's adorable, Helen, and so delicate!

3:16 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is so cute!!! I love it!

5:27 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

what an adorable scissor fob!

2:43 am  
Blogger nela said...

If above all faith ... I am convinced that there be a special, I believe in human beings, I believe in every person ... if we lose this, the world will no longer be world ... with much love and a big kiss to Suu ... that this evil is going on ... I spend so long ago, and that the worst is that self-esteem is low .. but one can not order in the feelings of others ... is like seeing the problems as a mountain and down time since then that the problem has trancurrido, see that was just a bunch of sand, was not mountain ... Faith, the bad times make us who we are ...

3:31 am  
Anonymous Isabelle said...

Hi Helen, what a lovely scissor fob Helen - Your friend will be very glad to receive it .
Many congrats on your pretty work .
Cheers ,
Isabelle

2:25 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

Helen, it's beautiful! You did such wonderful job with it. Have a happy Sunday!

11:20 am  
Blogger @__EY__ said...

Hello,

this is Norway calling ; )
I have been on your blog
many thimes, for I like
it very much. I will like
to put you on my blog list : )

AND I hope it is "okey"
I sew your " A little
tea if your please ".
If I put it on my blog
I will tell "its yours".

Au revoir : )

7:05 am  
Blogger Heidi said...

Back again Helen! I got to see this on Saturday at our Sip 'N Stitch and was amazed at just how small it was. You did a fab job on it! Just wanted to let you know.

I started a new blog as my old one is full. Stop by and say hello when you get a chance.

Hugs ~
Heidi

6:59 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Love this little scissors fob Helen, it's so sweet! :o)

10:09 am  
Blogger nela said...

Hi Helen, just go here for a greeting and send lots of hugs and kisses and a big hug to Su

10:30 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

Dear Helen, I'm thinking of you... Hope you're okay and getting some you time these days.
Of course, who could resist that darling little fobbie!
Love and hugs,
Deb

3:44 pm  
Blogger fabienne said...

bonsoir oh que c'est joli :) bonne soirée et abientot @mitié fabienne

9:00 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Hola de nuevo..... pase a decir hola...enviar muchos abrazos y besos... y a preguntar por Su? tengo tiempo que no se de ti ni de ella... saludos nela

4:15 am  
Blogger Silvia said...

molto carino ma le forbici sono very very good
baci silvia

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger