***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 10 May 2007

Little Treasure

I'm back a bit sooner than I had thought ;-) because.........


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

WOW..... just look at this beautiful little treasure I have had sent to me as a gift :-))) This gorgeous little beauty has been sent to me by an Italian blogging friend just because she wanted to send me a little stitching present!! I really don't know what I have done to deserve such kindness but I am absolutely delighted with it and this is my first ever Biscornu :-)))




I am told it is a design by Giulia Punti Antichi so this makes it 100% an authentic Italian gift!! Wait...have you seen the back?? If you look closely you can see the pattern is actually made up of H's :-D and look at all the beads that so prettily finish the edge! This surely is an elegant little treasure, tiny, dainty (just as I love) and perfectly made.




I bet you all want to know who is my mystery gift sender with a heart of gold and the hands of a stitching fairy?? ......Well, I won't make you wait anymore...the super kind lady who has made my day is 'Paola' :-))) If you go here you can see more of her beautiful stitching and finishing she is a very talented lady :-))) Thank-you so much again Paola you have made me so very happy and I really do 'love it' and will treasure it always :-D

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


See you all again soon and thanks for visiting...have a great weekend with happy stitching :)

27 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Helen - this is so lovely and you got it because you are lovely and deserve it. Aren't RAK's just the best!!! Not that I've ever had one but I have done a few and I love doing them.
Patti xxx

10:23 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi Patti, Oh bless you hun...you have had a RAK as I sent you a Merry Cox Christmas Ornament I made specially for you in December last year, do you remember? ;-) Take care lovely lady and have a nice weekend :-)

10:47 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

My comments to your blog are becoming pretty boring. Nothing but 'sigh...' and 'ooh-ah' and 'wow!' But I'm very glad that you were the receiver, rather than the giver. You deserve it, girl!

10:47 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

What a lovely gift for such a lovely lady :)

3:12 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a beautiful gift!

4:03 am  
Blogger TeresaB said...

Your sweet biconue is fantastic! I too love beads and all things that sparkle. You certainly do deserve such a beautiful piece, enjoy it and your weekend.

5:06 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Helen!! What an absolutely gorgeous surprise to receive! It's so beautiful, one would think YOU had made it!! :)) Enjoy! Nobody deserves it more. Hugs, Deb
Note to Patti: I think I've RAKed you, too!! Miss P.! :))

7:25 am  
Blogger Paola B. said...

Hi Helen, I'm very happy you love the italian biscornu ! :-)))))

8:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paola is a fairy. I also received a gift of her over a few days.

8:30 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous Biscornu, congratulations to Paola

11:32 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its a lovely gift Helen so pretty and beautifully made and of course RAKs are lovely to receive
Hugs

12:28 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well isn't that just a special, sweet perfect gift for you?! It is lovely! Congrats!

2:18 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

4:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paola is unique!!! She's a lovely talented lady, with fairy hands!!! Lucky you!!!

6:10 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

WOW Helen, that is totally gorgeous!! Good for you! :D

6:46 pm  
Blogger NIKY said...

Yes Paola is very talented, I just love her finishing and stitching. Love Niky.

7:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Helen, this is the Isotta's Biscornu, designed by me for the International Show of Lace and Embroidery, Italia Invita, May 4th-6th 2007. If you go to my home page and you click on Italia Invita on the upper right, you will see all the designs which were presented at the show, Isotta's Biscornu included. Paola attended the show and she was very kind to stitch the biscornu for you. I'm very honoured to see that you like it and I guess I must send to Paola another chart so she can stitch the Isotta's Strawberry Pincushion and Fob. I know she deserve it. Have a nice evening and thanks for loving my design and the work of Paola,
bye,
Giulia Manfredini
Giulia Punti Antichi

8:55 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Oh boy I have exceeded my own dumbness OF COURSE I HAVE HAD A RAK from you who are as nice as you are pretty my friend.
Lots and lots of love
Patti xxx

10:50 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Deb - wasn't it I who RAK'd you? I know I'm getting old - my memory sure is going! Ok I can't blame this on DH worse luck but can I blame it on age? MS? Lack of Sleep? Lack of you know what? Um lack of oh just lack of ???????????

10:53 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely things my dear! Very lovely!

11:37 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

That is beautiful!!! xx

6:21 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It's beautiful, what a lovely RAK to receive.
Sue

9:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice biscornu you received !

9:06 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

What a totally unique and beautiful gift Helen! I just love it! Congrats to you! It is just so nice!! Debby :))

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really gorgeous biscornu !

8:55 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What a lovely gift your friend sent you! Aren't blogging friends just great?!

10:19 am  
Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, my Helen! What an absolutely beautiful biscornu and such a wonderfully thoughtful gift!!! :-) Paola is such a talented stitcher and finisher! :-)

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger