***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Gift Number 3 for Barbara

Yay!!! At last Barbara's little gift has arrived, it had departed the same time as the others and has taken 8 days to get over to The Netherlands. Just shows you can never tell with the mail ;-)

Barbara...I thought was going to be my tricky one to choose for as we have quite different taste! I really wanted to do her something she would like but so that it would still have a bit of me about it, if you know what I mean? Whilst looking about for inspiration I suddenly remembered she had left a comment on Carols blog the other week about a fob Carol had made saying she has wanted to stitch it for herself forever. Now as you know I had my Brightneedle 'Small Samplings' book right next to me already and was so pleased to see this little design was in there too.




This design is called 'Bunny Hop' and again it is stitched on 40ct linen which I coffee dyed before stitching on this time. I finished it very simply as for one it suits it that way and for two I don't think Barbara is into fussy bits and bobs too much ;-) I did add a little bow shown here below because I had to... seen as it was from me!! But, it is not stitched on and I really don't mind if it is not to Barbara's liking she can just slide it off.




For the back I have stitched our initials 1/1 and I was a bit unsure about Barbara's surname as she must be 'posh' ;-) and has a 'double-barreled' one! However the first one starts with 'C' so I went for that. I did a couple of rows of backstitch picking colours out that were used on the front, to give the back a bit of life. This is my first fob that I have finished as fobs should? be finished with the backstitched then whipstitched edges and I love how it turned out, my cold and thumping head had an improvement by the time I got to this one ;-) It is really tiny only about 1 inch square.




Finally below below is a piccy of the 3 THANK-YOU gifts before I changed the one for Von. So once again thank-you all 3 ladies and thank-you to all of my blog visitors you really make blogging much more worthwhile and I have had such lovely comments from you all lately and do really appreciate them :))




Have a great weekend everyone I'm away for this one and I will be back soon as my Pinkeep for the exchange should be arriving fairly soon :-)))

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet design! You did a beautiful job of all of your gifts :)

11:38 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Your fob is so beautiful and delicate. I love visiting your blog, there are always so many beautiful pieces to look at and you take such gorgeous photos!

12:02 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'll never take that adorable little bow off - it's so sweet!! :)

And my doubled initials aren't posh - after more than 3 decades of having a last name that begins with C, I find it nearly impossible to adjust to using a last name that begins with L - so we split the difference and I use a hyphenated version that includes both "my" name and that of my DH. LOL!

Once again, thanks so very much for your super thoughtful and incredibly beautiful gift!!!

12:23 pm  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That is truly lovely :) How sweet of you!

12:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are all so gorgeous, Helen - and as usual your "staging" for the photography is lovely.

12:37 pm  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

You did such a great job on all your gifts! I know they will be treasured.

1:05 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Very pretty, everything is gorgeous! I never quite understand the mail, there's no rhyme or reason to it.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

What lovely little treasures you have made yet again. Its always such a treat to read your blog, Helen!

1:30 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Your fob for Barbara is gorgeous, congratulations

2:14 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And, I already saw in Barbara's blog how much she loves it! You have been quite the little gift giver of late :-)

2:46 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely fob you made for dear Barbara! Barbara is such a kind, dear hearted person that it is so good to see her get something so lovingly made from such a sweet, kind hearted lady such as yourself!
You outdid yourself Helen on your meticulous stitching, thoughts and goodwill that went into making these precious gifts. You make the world a brighter, better place!

3:28 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh its a lovely fob - no wonder Barb is delighted with it. All these 3 gifties have been wonderful and sent to some really lovely ladies.

3:38 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Another lovely gift :) Congratulations!
Have a wonderful weekend :)

3:46 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh what beatuiful finishes you have there!! You do the best finishes ever!! How pretty!! You inspire me to make a pinkeep, pincoushion or fob soon. Very pretty indeed!! Debby :)

4:17 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the little bunny fob - it is so cute! And the bow is perfect.

4:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a really pretty display your finished gifts make. They are all really lovely. Bunny hop is one of my favourite freebies and I still haven't stitched it! I definitely feel inspired now.
Angela

6:56 pm  
Blogger NIKY said...

Just one word: wonderfull.Love Niky.

8:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They all look lovely!

8:32 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Lovely scissor fob..the design is so cute!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend :)

4:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received a cushion from Paole with the same design. It's verry lovely

7:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fob is so cute ! Congratulations !

8:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your latest gifts are absolutely exquisite - but then again, we should expect nothing less from you :D Your blog is always a total feast for the eyes and soul :D

3:16 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

All three of your gifts are lovely Helen - so thoughtful of you!

4:43 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Greatest little collection of fobbies one could ever wish for, Helen! They are so precious!
Hugs, Deb

7:28 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

They're all beautiful, you are such an inspiration!

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so lovely!

6:49 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Lovely designs all. Bunny Hop turned out very sweet, I like the little bow you added to it to trim if up a bit.
Sue

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger