***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 17 July 2006

Merry Cox Needlecase


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI have eventually finished my 1st Merry Cox project. This is from a 1997 Just Cross Stitch magazine and is called 'Seek Joy Needlebook' I didn't have any plain fabric suitable for the inside but thought the floral one I have used co-ordinated really well with the colours of the DMC threads, plain  silk would have been much better but I don't have the right colour!  



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI decided to do more accessories to go with this as it was enjoyable to stitch so pictured here is a wooden box I had with the design in the top. This picture also shows the lining fabric I used and the pages with the needle numbers in each corner.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI had wanted to do a little scissor fob to match the set but have had to abandon project as I really need to do 2 teacher gifts by Wednesday night but I will add that later. This shows the last page with the word Sharps onit. I did all the finishing for this by hand as it was not suitable for machine sewing.   I do love hand finishing  :-)



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis picture above shows the back of the needlebook. In doing this I did some new stitches which were the Hedebo buttonhole stitch for the fastener, Nun's Stitch which was used for the edges of the pages and the Closed Herringbone Stitch that was used to edge the needlebook.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThe last picture shows the button fastening...I am quite proud it came out the right size for my button. I really enjoyed doing the finishing for this as it was different to anything I have done before. I did attach my miniature needlework with 4 tiny stitches as I didn't have any glue and I have put iron on interfacing on the back as I had no stitch witchery and have never seen it here. The little needlecase (and it is tiny...just over 2"x3")sits nicely in the wooden box with a little pair of scissors.
Now to go and sort out threads and fabric for the teacher gifts I must do...wish me luck to have a turbo needle over the next couple of days!! I do cut things fine for myself...lol...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'm speechless, Lena-lou! You should be so proud of yourself!! This is gorgeous!

9:58 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh Helen, its gorgeous, What a lovely idea to put the design in the box lid too, it looks perfect there. Well done on the button fastener stitch, I haven't managed to master that one, you'll have to teach me it when we next see each other.

10:21 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Wow Helen, this is simply stunning! You're as gifted at finishing as your sister is!
I'm sure you'll find a suiteable design for the teacher's gifts. I always leave things until the last moment as well. I have just decided to stitch a pirate for Pelle's birthday, which is in two weeks. And I don't even have a pirate design!
I really love your work :o)

11:03 pm  
Blogger Leeland said...

It all makes such an elegant set! You make me feel like doing one of those for myself, but I am very much aware that it requires great skills I'm afraid I don't have... The fabric choice is perfect btw!
Your dog is so cute! Funny he chose this spot!
Thanks for sharing!

10:23 am  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, what an amazing project!! Your stitching and finishing skills are superb. :D
Glad you're enjoying your hot weather, and your dog too! What a cutie he is. We had a cooler day today of 85, but by the weekend it'll be back into the 100s. Glad that central a/c is installed, lol!

2:18 am  
Blogger IsaB said...

Hi, Lena-Lou, yes, I am back from holidays... I had a quick look at your recent production... I love the Merry Cox project!! Just too cute!!! And what a lovely summer in England too...!! ;-D

7:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really pretty !

8:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't find the words ... it's so beautiful and chic !! congratulations !
argone
http://argone.over-blog.com

8:03 pm  
Blogger Vero M said...

Oh la la..I just love love it !! I do have this chart, I have to begin it !!
Brava
Vero M

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger