***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 22 May 2006

Where I am from...

I saw this on Su's blog who had got it from Barbaras blog..I couldn't resist doing my own...


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI am from the 'South' a true naval land , from Ribena juice and Jaffa oranges bigger than my hand.
I am from homes all neat and clean that smelt of fresh laundry and pink germoline cream, pets to be loved and games to be played.
I am from roses and bees and thick clay soil, fuschias and butterflies and a sky so blue, Jack Frost inside the windows (yes that bit is true).
I am from independence, honest and true, strong minded women who certainly knew a thing or two, all smart, sharp as a needle with elegance and grace and a lovely smiley happy face. Family men who were all funny, loving, patient and kind.
I am from books, gardens, sewing machines, ribbons and lace, embroidery and boxes, buttons and thread.
From 'Honesty is the best policy', 'Chatterbox' and 'I love you' my name Lu Lu and sometimes Droop too.
I am from the hardworking Church of England, Sunday school and was an alter girl too.
I'm from seafarers through and through... Channel Islands, fish and chips good dinners with cabbage too.
From Uncle Bills tattoos and smoke rings to make us laugh whilst we had needlework lessons from Aunty Winn to learn a skill that would last.
I am from chocolate boxes of photos, postcards and badges, collections of whimseys, travel, ice-cream and Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting lol Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Tee hee Droop!! How very true I forgot about Uncle Bills tattoos!!

3:45 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Lovely, lena-lou!!

10:07 am  
Blogger Sari (saristitching) said...

Nice stitches! Your watercolour heart is just gorgeus. I love it. Greetings to Marsha - she is cute.

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger