***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 19 May 2006

Watercolor Heart




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis is a Shepherd's Bush design that is stitched on 32ct linen with Au Ver A Soie, Silk Moire and Threadgatherer Hand-painted silk it is a total delight to stitch both the design and using the real silk thread...my favourite...





Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI finished my original one of these and gave it away as a gift...so I have no picture...but I had enough thread left to do another as it is only tiny...all pictures are my second edition...I had it professionally framed but it looked a bit plain when I got it back without the handpainted mounts (mats)...





Photobucket - Video and Image HostingSo I decided to have a go at painting my own...as you can see on all these pictures...it is not perfect but I was pleased with the result for my first time doing mount (mat) painting and I enjoyed doing it ...





Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI have tried to do a close up picture so you can see it better but my pictures are not so good at showing the true colours and the beads in the flower centres. I used a small dull gold pansy flower charm on this as I did not have another silver heart...I do like it with it very much as I had this framed in a dull gold frame.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I took more photos today in daylight and they are a bit better so I have changed them all :-)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

They both look lovely

6:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both are so pretty. I think you did a great job painting the mat and the gold pansy is darling. Bravo.

3:50 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Thank-you Nancy for your lovely comments on my blog...much appreciated //*_*\\

6:00 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

They're both gorgeous, congratulations

6:27 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Your hand-painted mat is delightful! And so satisfying to have your own artwork - congrats!!

6:25 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Every bit of the finishing of this project is stunning! The painting on the mat too. I think it's very brave of you to try this!

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouah, your heart look's very lovely!
congreatulations

10:45 pm  
Blogger IsaB said...

So cute this lovely tiny heart! I love it!

7:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore !!!!!!!!!!

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger