***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 28 April 2006

I have.....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting....always been meaning to stitch this since I saw Su's version and thought it was so pretty...so I managed to get myself a copy of JCS Christmas Ornaments 2000. We live a bit far apart for me to have borrowed Su's mag and anyway it is so nice I may not have returned it..;-) so I am glad I have my own magazine...and Su probably is as well :-)


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis was originally stitched on a natural linen but I decided to be a copier and do it on pink. My choice of linen has a bit stronger colour than Su's but I still think it gives it a nice effect. This design is by the lovely Just Nan (wish I could do links...soon!) and is nice and interesting to stitch.....the roses in the lower wings are 1 over 1, cotton perle is used, and eyelet stitch with that nuisance twisty gold braid! I decided not to do the diamond-ray stitch between the antennae as I felt that made it a bit more Christmassy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This took a good few hours but not too many to get bored.....(I tend to run out of patience on large pictures) I have framed it myself without glass and have padded underneath to give it a bit more depth..this is a gift for my Mum...now I will have to do myself one as I like it so much :-)
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll show you how to do links next weekend. This looks lovely, mum will love it.

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The butterfly is really pretty: very nice fabric choce and framing.
Bravo for starting your blog - maybe someday I will learn how. Until then, it's so nice to visit...

9:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger