***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 5 January 2008

What a brilliant start...

..to my New Year mail :) :) ALL of it to date has been so nice and exciting. I have been receiving some VERY unexpected Christmas treats from some wonderful blogging ladies.

This gift I have to show is a wonderful chart from Blackbird Designs, this is retired and pretty hard to get hold of. One of the nicest blogging ladies, my friend Debby, who lives in that faraway land of Texas in the US, knew that I was after it and decided to treat me for Christmas !! Whoo hoo I am so pleased and happy and you are such a sweetie :)




Now, I am going to show what a surprise I had arrive from Italy, my partner Claudia who I stitch for in our Seasonal Exchange wanted to send me a gift to say a thank-you. I have this cute Santa Mitt , a wonderful Italian designer chart and the most fab Italian JCS type Christmas Ornie magazine. It is not something I have seen or known of up to now and I have my eye on some ideas from it :) You really are very kind to do this Claudia , you didn't have to..... but I am sooo happy you did :-))




Next I have really been taken by surprise and didn't see this coming at all, not at all LOL . The very lovely Von has totally surprised me here :) (Can you tell ;-) LOL... I am repeating myself) Von is very clever as visitors to her blog will know and rather multi-talented, she made the pretty card as well as the Hardanger 'snowflakes' as I have christened them. They are just so tiny and perfect and really so pretty , my first Hardanger pieces...ever !! I shall certainly be treasuring these and will enjoy bringing them out every year.




And a little closer with a bit clearer picture :-))




Thank-you for your friendship to all of you, I know each of these gifts come from the heart and that means the world to me :) and for getting my year off to a great start xxx

My DD Amy has updated her little blog and is planning another posting over the weekend :)

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts, Helen! That Blackbird Designs needlebook chart looks lovely; I can't wait to see it finished!

3:06 am  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Wow Helen, what a great way to start the New year. How lovely to get that fabulous out of print BD's pattern from your friend, what a thoughtful gift. I just love the hardanger snowflakes, They are so pretty and look lovely hanging from your greenery. Vonna's card is so lovely, she really is talented. Such lovely gifts from Claudia too. A real bumper sackful :>)
Warm wishes Angela

3:21 am  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Ooops, I should have said Von, not Vonna - sorry to both ladies for the mistake. I went back for another look at the gorgeous 'snowflakes' and realised my mistake...gulp! I was studying them to see if I might ever be able to make anything as pretty as this and the verdict is..ahem..no, I don't think so...haha!#Hugs, Angela

3:25 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

You have received such beautiful gifts, and I agree it is a wonderful way to start the New Year! This world of blogging friends is just amazing!

6:30 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Wowie1 Blessings upon blessings!

7:00 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh, these gifts are all wonderful! I think we have the loveliest friends, don't we :o)

11:53 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

That is great mail indeed! I love the BD chart

12:03 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Those are some very lovely pretties and gifts that you have been sent by some very LOVELY ladies :)
Hurray!!!

1:03 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Lovely gifts Helen :)

1:56 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Gorgeous gifts for a truly wonderful person, Helen!!!

2:04 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

What wonderful gifts Helen. I too was fortunate to receive the same from Claudia she is such a sweetie. I love Vons hardanger she is so clever.

4:10 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What fantastic gifts to recieve, a great way to start the new year!

4:58 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Oh, Helen, these pics of the little snowflakes I sent you are wonderful. You always know how to set the scene to show a project at its best. So glad that they have brightened your New Year - along with all those other great gifties! Your postal carrier must wonder what's going on with these packages from all over, lol!

7:56 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Fantastic gifts! I can't wait to see the BD needlebook stitched up!

1:08 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

What a lovely start for the New Year! Wonderful gifts!

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had lovely gifts!!! Oh yes!!
I'm glad you liked mine! :D:D

8:31 pm  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Helen - Wonderful gifts! The hardanger ornaments from Von are really beautiful!

3:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you received really nice gifts !!!

3:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger