***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 25 August 2007

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!!!

I think the fairies have been to my house ;-)) and I would like to share with you all the beautiful total surprises that have been arriving to me this past week whilst I have had a holiday, I really can't quite believe it but maybe seeing them on here too, I will :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


WOW No 1 !! First up is a pretty selection of surprises from KarenV who really has been too kind, I had only sent her a few ribbons a little while ago and really didn't think much about it!! However...as you can see Karen obviously did because look at this thank-you !! :-))
Modeled above with the pretty lamp I got for my birthday jointly from my brother and sister (Su), you can see Karens creations. Take a look at the picture below for a closer view of the Fob (which is personalised on the back), Scented Heart Sachet filled with delicious smelling lavender from Karens own garden :) , the silk threads and as if this was not enough Karen made the little bag as well to put them all in !! I am a big fan of Karens lovely work and her skills and talent with a needle and sewing machine alike and now proudly own a selection of little treasures from her !! :-)) The little fob has pride of place as the first one on my new wire lady 'Rose' that I showed you!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Now for my WOW No 2...this is a true beauty of a different kind! I was sent this Needle Holder treasure as a gift for my birthday from Debby, my friend, and such a lovely person she is too :) This is a bit extra special as not only was it sent from Debby but it was handmade with obviously lots of skill by her husband Jerry. Can you see how the top (which removes) has the grain completely matching in line to the main part ? Quite amazing !! This is really so well made and came with details of how to care for it and also details of the type of wood used and where it it sourced, I have really enjoyed reading all about it :)) I can't believe Debby's husband just makes these as his hobby, he has a great talent and you should go and check his website (link on Debby's blog) out if you like nice wood.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


My WOW No 3 is here below. This is too funny really and ever so nice ...Colette my friend had asked me when my birthday was....oooohhh lets just say a little while ago...I am pretty bad at mailing at times as any of my friends will tell you and well...time just marched on! Infact time marched on so much my birthday was getting very near and then LOL I didn't dare mail and decided I would get all caught up when I came back from my holidays with my birthday all done and dusted. What should come through my door today, you guess a package from Colette who I really think must BE a fairy LOL...I am sharing her writing on the card to me as it is too funny and yes...I guess I am a silly girl and think she won't mind ;-)) What would I do without Colette (and Eva) to make me laugh and raise a smile, really they are such lovely ladies and so funny they really do crack me up laughing at times, I love you both :-)))




Ahem...Back to business, without further ado... with a bit of a tear in my eye, I opened my gifts...here I present my birthday heart from dear Colette so pretty isn't it :-)) Decorated on both sides, personalised front with a 'H' 1/1 and tiny and the back with Colettes initials.....talking of initials, Colette remembered I would like some ribbon with 'H M' on for my own initials and she so kindly found some of this very ribbon and sent that to me too along with some tiny red Rik-Rak braid, now how special is that!!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Then this my last picture is of the most beautiful pincushion Colette has stitched for me. I can't believe she has said that about me and I am not quite sure I deserve it but my heart is well and truly touched :-)))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com



THANK YOU ALL FROM MY HEART FOR BEING SO KIND :-)))


For a bit of my own news, we have dashed in this weekend to get ready to go away tomorrow, we are heading to the hills. I may not be around much for the next week or two with holidays. I have my Seasonal Exchange finished, photographed and packed ready to send on Monday to my secret partner so I can share that soon. And........guess what, I have actually started to stitch something for myself, yes me, the first this year. I hope to finish it soon and be able to show you :)

Take care, have fun and as always thanks for calling by :)

39 Comments:

Blogger Becky K in OK said...

What wonderful stitching friends you have. You are truly blessed. Happy belated bd.

12:31 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Well, I don't know of anyone more deserving of such lovely gifts :) WOW!!

1:05 am  
Blogger Marie said...

What beautiful gifts!!!
You take the best pics, not sure how you do it but they are #1.
Hope that you enjoy/enjoyed your travels.

1:35 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh, Helen, I'm so mad I missed your birthday! You're so special to me. I have to catch up with a belated wish for a happy day this weekend for you! And, something must be coming in the mail from me!!
Hugs,
Deb

2:11 am  
Blogger staci said...

Lovely, lovely gifts! Have a nice holiday!

2:33 am  
Blogger Barbara J said...

What awesome gifts! You must be swooning :) They are all so lovely indeed!

Did I tell you I love you photography skills? I do you know :)

2:54 am  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Lovely gifts you have received and I'm sure they are very well deserved! Enjoy your holiday time. Patti

1:30 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

Beautiful gifts, Helen, and certainly well deserved by you :-D

3:17 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Such gorgeous gifts Helen. Each and every one of them must be so very special to you.

I dropped by Amy's blog to admire all the lovelies. It is so wonderful that she and Katie have had their own exchange. Two talented little stitchers in our midst. And what a special gift from Nela!! A real treasure.

Enjoy the remainder of your vacation.

3:28 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely gifts Helen, thats not the lamp we got you for your birthday thats the same one as mine - did you change it?

4:24 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

What lovely gifts you have received from your friends! Have a wonderful holiday!

4:24 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Oh Helen your gifts are just so pretty. I agree, the needle holder is truly a work of art.

4:54 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Los niños son el futuro del mundo... son como una planta que debes regar... a quienes hay que incentivar a bno dejar estas maravillosas manualidades...y que mejor incentivo a Amy para que no deje de crear cosas lindas con las manos.. que un regalo realizado para ella con mucho Amor...

The children are the future of the world… are as a plant who you must water with love… to those who there is to stimulate to bno to leave these wonderful Hand craft… and that better incentive to Amy so that he does not let create pretty things with the hands. that a gift made for her by far Love…

6:15 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Helen,your gifts are simply gorgeous! Enjoy!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

All the gifts are gorgeous! You get the best mail :-). Have a fun holiday.

8:48 pm  
Blogger Mindi said...

Fantastic gifts, and such lovely photographs, as always. Have a great time on vacation.

9:36 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi SU, Yes, I did change the lamp...hope you both don't mind but the pink with blue ribbon one although very beautiful too :) did not go with any of my rooms as I don't have any pink rooms!! and this one goes perfect with the colours in our bedroom :-))

10:12 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What wonderful surprises you've been getting in the mail, beautiful gifts all of them.
Sue

11:43 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

What beautiful gifts!

Have a great holiday!

2:59 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

What beautiful gifts :) You deserve them all and they're all gorgeous :)

9:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts!

10:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You received so wonderful gifts! It was Christmas for you ;-)

4:25 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Beautiful gifts Helen.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday:)

5:03 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Helen - I don't know anybody that deserves these wonderful gifts more than you. You are so very generous with your gifts of what you have stitched plus you are such a terrific stitcher and finisher and hardly ever keep any of these goodies for yourself. I hope you all had a lovely holiday. Lots of love Patti xxx

5:50 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh wowie you got some lovely things! Enjoy them sweetie and enjoy your trip too.

6:19 pm  
Blogger Myrna said...

Great lovelies! And, you always set up the pictures so great!

Enjoy...

2:03 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous gifts Helen, have a lovely holiday.

8:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waow what beautiful surprises. Congratulations to everyone

8:54 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Ooooh, such lovely goodies! And the're all so lovely and pink and dainty. All these ladies sure do know your taste, don't they? Well, you deserve it. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

12:34 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

Beautiful gifts, enjoy :) I hope you'll have good time on holidays!

1:59 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What amazing gifts!!!!

12:48 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

Wow great gifts. Enjoy lolxx

9:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glorious gifts! You deserve them all!

9:32 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What lovely gifts - and (as Annemarie said) so perfectly suited to your tastes! Enjoy, dear friend!!

9:48 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

My, you received some lovely packages this week Helen!

3:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful gifts you received, Helen

Enjoy my friend,
Eva

2:25 pm  
Blogger Beti Copetti said...

Hi! Your blog is one of my tips for the blog day!
Beti
Casa al mare

10:07 pm  
Blogger P. said...

I'm so delighted with your picture number 3 : wood, white lace, embroidery, a pink flower and a touch of green.
Absolute perfection.

1:14 pm  
Blogger Georgie said...

I love your little pincushion! The colours are adorable

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger