***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 31 December 2007

To all my lovely readers :-))

Photobucket

2008
Photobucket

Before 2007 comes to its close , I just wanted to share with you some final crafty things that I managed to (totally) finish in this year. Here we have a star created by me, shape and pattern, everything from myself. I was aiming for a little bit of a rustic, prim, homespun type look :-)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


I find trying to sew with a prim homespun look quite a challenge (even though I love this look) as I naturally veer towards having to be neat and precise (my Nanny Winns training) ;-) however on this occasion I was satisfied that I got a good balance of neatness combined with a rustic look :-)))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


My next things to see are from an idea I had seen on lovely Nancy's blog :) Nancy had been browsing around and came across these by this talented lady. Well lets just say I fell in love with a need to create one of my own one, so badly, that I started this one when I should have been in bed and finished at oh about 3 am ;-)) Nancy knows, as I mailed her a piccy before I went to bed that night LOL. I would not have slept anyway if I had not made one !!!

This mitt is pretty much a copy of the original idea. It was late and and I just had to do one!! This mitt had a great time getting mucky from gathering snow off the ground to make snowballs , do you see the frost that has set on it ?? ;-) Really lol... such a pretty thing should not get in such a mess :-)))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


I decided to do another but this time to add my own ideas and see what it came out like as I really wanted to use some of the pretty linen and silk ribbons I have. I used some very large beads for the buttons on the top of the mitt :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


I wanted to do a fancy back on the mitt because I don't know about you ?? But... my ornies do not behave, no, lol, they do not, they twist this way and they twist that way, do yours?? Because of this I like a nice back ;-))) So below here is my nice back on the mitt :) On this occasion only allowed out to play snowballs for a little while then hung out to dry, still... Jack Frost got the tips ;-))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Photobucket


I never got the chance before Christmas day to show the lovely thread I received from the blogging Secret Santa, my little DD has a surprise thread too in her own package !! The thread colour chosen for each of us was perfectly right :-)) I was so surprised we were treated to this gift too, like so many other bloggers were !!

I would like to say our huge, HUGE thank - you to this wonderful person :-))) who has been so kind to treat so many of us in this community to a surprise gift. The Secret Santa, in my opinion, has huge dignity and a kind heart beyond measure as this person acts in such quiet kindness it could almost be over-looked and forgotten. This person does not shout from the roof-tops "Look at me and what I am doing /have done" and to me this says everything ........that these small thoughtful gifts with such great individual colour choices, send out to us all, have come straight from the heart !!! (I think) I am almost sure that I know who this Secret Santa is and I have thought about if I should reveal my hunch or not !! However lol , after thought, I do think it amuses this Santa's sense of humour to remain anonymous and keep everyone guessing so who am I to spoil that!!! After all... if Santa wanted to be known they would have signed their real name !! Thanks again kind , sweet person :-)) You made 2 people here have a very happy start to Christmas :-))) xxx


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com



Below you can see little packages that I was so excited to receive and open...just the sight of these arriving made me get all emotional and rendered me speechless for quite some time !! I shall reveal the beautiful contents to you...... da da dah lol in the New Year........yes, lol..... cruel of me ;-) I know but ... I am going to make you wait lol ;-)))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


So, dear readers, thank-you all so much for visiting my blog and meeting me here throughout 2007 to be my friend in cyber-world :) I wish you all the very best wishes for Good Health and Happiness for 2008. I hope the New Year brings all that you hope for with time to do all the stitching finishes you can dream of and of course I love to meet you here again next year 2008 , until then.......

Photobucket


xxxxx :-)))

31 Comments:

Blogger staci said...

Love your star and mitten ornaments, so darling! Happy New Year to you!!!

3:45 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh Helen what beautiful things you have made! I love your star, and you did an amazing job of designing and finishing it. Your first mitten photo is making me smile - I still have the email you sent at wee hours of the morning! And, the mitten you did yourself - it's beautiful! I love the big red buttons down the center and the red bow. And, I must echo your sentiments of the Secret Santa. How nice of this person to warm everyone's heart during the holiday.

A very Happy New Year to you and your family!

4:32 am  
Blogger The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Lena-lou! Your mitten ornaments turned out beautiful!! I love all the different styles that you made too....they all look wonderful. My idea was just a launching point for everybody...it's so good to make your own style! xxoo, Dawn

5:06 am  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, you are a terrible teaser!! But then how can we complain when you've treated us to so much delicious eye candy in this post, lol!

Happy New Year, my friend! :D

5:35 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love the little star and the mittens too! how cute they are! You recieved some lovely things too! Enjoy!

6:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Best Wishes to you and your family for 2008: Love, Joy, Good Health and a lot of spare time for your crafty things...

xxxx

IsaB

8:40 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a stunning wonderful post Helen :)
Your mittens are absolutely gorgeous and I plan on making them myself, as that is how my home is decorated...in primitive country... Nancy has given me the best ideas for decorating my home by posting the pictures of her home on her blog :)

I wish you nothing but, peace, happiness, joy and health in the new year....until then my love and hugs to you!

12:40 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely finishes Helen.

Happy New Year to you too, I'll ring you later at midnight - if I can get through LOL!!

Hugs Big Sis

12:59 pm  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Thanks for coming by my blog Helen.

Happy New Year to you!

2:02 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Oh Helen, what a lovely post to end the year. It's been such a pleasure visiting your beautiful home and sharing in your thoughts and amazing handicrafts. I can't tell you how uplifting reading your comments and seeing your work is. I know my life would be a little emptier without your blog to brighten it up :>)
I mustn't forget to say how amazing your little mittens are. I love the vintage trims , laces and ribbons and your little star is perfect...a real Star of Wonder :>)
A happy and healthy 2008 to you and your family.
Hugs, Angela

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you (and all your family) the best for this new year

2:23 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Happy New Year Helen, your star and mittens are very cute

2:58 pm  
Blogger Stitcher said...

Lovely finishes and gifts. happy new year Helen

3:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year talented Helen! I love the mittens and can see a new series every year! You'll get enough for gifts and to pin on a clothesline type thing.

11:16 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Happy New Year! Love the finish.

3:42 am  
Blogger Vero M said...

Happy New Year Ellen to you and your dear ones.
Hugs from grey Paris

11:18 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

Love all your crafty items. I have loved reading your blog this last year and have been inspired to make things I would have never been confident to try before so thank you for your inspiration. Blessings to you for 2008. xx

1:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Helen !!! May 2008 be filled with happiness and stitches !! Wishing you all the best for you and your family ! Warm hugs !

2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your star and mittens... so pretty!

Happy New Year!

4:04 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What a fun post, all kinds of lovely things to look at. I loved the mittens, how clever. How did you get that bit of sparkle like frost on them?
Sue

8:17 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Lovely finishes and gorgeous gifts Helen.
To you and all your loved ones: A Happy and Healthy 2008.

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you and your family ! Your decorations are very nice !

3:21 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

Happy New Year Helen!

Beautiful finishes!

4:16 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

It is always so inspiring to drop by your blog and enjoy your latest creations! I love the little mittens and the star too.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

4:42 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

Happy New Year dear Helen! What a beautiful post, full of beautiful photos! I really love your star and mittens, they are wonderful.

8:11 pm  
Blogger nela said...

Feliz Año Helen, que el Señor derrame sus bendiciones en tu hogar, que este año reine la paz, armonia, salud, felicidad, amor....
besos

9:16 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Wow what a pretty page here!! You have made some really beautiful things here!!! I am a bit behind on my blogs but your page is so nice and an eye opener!! Happy New Year to you!! Congrats on some great finishes!! Debby:)

10:46 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

How absolutely beautiful all your things are. So neat but homespun - just perfect. And your photos are gorgeous too by the way :) Love he mittens - but especially the red and white one :)
Happy New Year!

12:17 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your balance between prim and neat is perfect, Helen - your creations are gorgeous!!!

I hope you and your family are enjoying these early days of the New Year!

4:15 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy New Year to you too Helen! What a lovely star - so sweet!

2:36 pm  
Blogger Teresa said...

Love the star and the mittens. Lovely job!! I hope the new year brings you a great many wonderful suprises!!

Take care
Teresa

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger