***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 16 November 2007

I talked about...

...having received a gift or two in my other posting and I would like to start by showing you this special beautifully stitched and finished Pinkeep from my fab French friend Eva who talks about it a bit more on her blog along with gorgeous pictures :-)) It is stitched on 40ct linen and really is wonderful :) the ribbon colours are gorgeous too, I hope you can see them on the photo! The wrapping was so nice I hardly dared undo it and that put me in a quandary for a little while LOL ;-)) Deciding before I carefully went ahead unwrapping to take the photo you can see here :-)) Thank you again my funny friend you sure are as kind as you are humorous and I am very lucky :-))

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

My next gift was an unexpected but very welcome surprise from Lyn in Australia as a thank-you to me for letting her know how I made the Chatelaine I did earlier this year !! Wow I was so touched and certainly had my day brightened as I was chuffed to bits :-))



I also talked about having finished a gift a few weeks ago which has now developed into nearly a couple of months ago as I put it into the drawer them promptly moved my mind onto something else for a while ;-) hmmmm...Here you can see what I have made for Carol..this started off as being her Birthday gift but is now so late I shall prefer to call it a stitchy surprise ;-)) You may remember Carol made me one of her pretty fobs for my Birthday?

For this I used 'La Maison Rouge' chart by French designer C Mon Monde only I stitched it 1/1 on 32ct natural linen. I cannot remember the thread colour or make I used now (without going hunting) but it is silk thread. I finished this quite simply to my own little design of a Needlecase , lined with matching silk dupion and felt pages, topped off with a silk ribbon and a little hedebo fastener at the bottom to open and close it. Nothing fancy really but I think it is quaint in its own way ;-)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Here is how I personalised the back with our initials, it is much tinier than you can see it here. I shall get this in the post on Monday as it is all packed up ready to go on its way to you Carol, hope you enjoy it :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


I am off now for a rare weekend with my sister Su...hi ho hi ho it's off to London we go with a needle and thread hi ho hi ho .....

I'll be back soon as I get another chance, have fun :-))

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gifts, both made & received!

1:15 am  
Blogger Nancy said...

You have received some very lovely gifts! The pinkeep is so pretty, and like you, I love the ribbon.

I think the needlecase you made is a treasure!

2:54 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

All are beautiful! Enjoy your weekend with your sis!

4:35 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Beautiful gifts, Helen. I hope you are doing better.
Have a wonderful time with Su! :)

10:19 am  
Blogger Sally said...

The gifts you receieved are lovely as is the needlecase you made for Carol.

11:46 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I just LOVE that needlebook you made for Carol!! I bet she does, too!!!

And the gifts you've recieved are also fantastic.

Have a wonderful weekend in London with Su!!!

12:13 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Everything is so smashing! I just love the delicate"ness" of it all Helen!
I hope you all have a great time on your weekend!

12:30 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

have fun in london i love it there lol the gifts are lovely and your needle case is great.

6:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me for my english...your needlebook is beautiful!!!!!

7:35 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wonderful gifts, Helen! I'm sure Carol will be thrilled with her wee needlebook - its so dainty and sweet. Have a wonderful weekend with Su!

11:06 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What lovely gifts, both given and received. Have a great time with your sister.
Sue

5:46 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Your needlebook is so pretty. I bet Carol is going to love it. The pinkeep you received is lovely too.

1:07 am  
Blogger Von said...

A stitchy weekend with your sister will be good medicine for you, I'm sure, Helen!

Lovely gifts, both given and received!! :)

11:34 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Love your gifts and I know how wonderful they are cos I saw them in real life. I especially know how wonderful the tiny needlebook is - Carol can't fail to love it as its so incredibly delicate and pretty.

I really enjoyed our weekend together - when are we doing the next???

6:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you pour ton passage sur mon blog. Beautiful work is blog ! I love ! Désolé, no speak english !!!
Bises. By ! Muriel - chiffon brodeuse

7:08 am  
Blogger Angela said...

Helen,
Your blog entries are always such a treat and well worth waiting for :>)
I love the pretty gift you received from Eva, it's a really sweet sentiment and perfect for such a lovely friend. Your threads from Lyn are really pretty too BUT....your needlecase to Carol is just fab! I love little designs like this especially in red!! I am desperate to learn how to do hedebo stitch and make these fastenings. Is it very difficult? I also love the way you cover rings like the one you did on your beautiful stitching necessaire lined in the pink silk noile. It's a wonder I haven't worn out this blog entry..haha!
Warm hugs, Angela
PS I'm visiting Su on the 30th and I can't wait to find out more about your fantastic weekend :>)

4:38 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

The gifts you've received are wonderful Helen and I love the little needlecase you made for Carol, it's really sweet!

Thank you so much for your visits to my blog and for the kind compliments. You and Su do such beautiful work, it's always a joy to visit both your blogs! I bet you had a brilliant weekend together! :o)

6:29 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Gorgeous gifts Helen. I can well imagine that it was quite a task to actually open the Eva's package - it is so prettily wrapped.
You and Su must have had an incredible weekend.

OK Helen, I've made a pot of tea and one of coffee and the cookies are freshly baked. Bring Su along for a stitching day on the balcony.(LOL)You are welcome to come along too Amy.

6:31 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Helen, the gifts you received are gorgeous as is the gift for Carol. I was beginning to wonder where you were. I hope you have a great week!

5:00 am  
Blogger Ira said...

Very impressive. Beautiful blog

5:53 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

What a beautiful needlecase, a lovely design! Your photos are always so pretty too. The gift you received is such a beauty.

5:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger