***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 17 August 2007

A pink Birthday for me ;-)

I think I have recovered enough from my birthday on Sunday to tell...and no, incase you think it is a long lasting hangover just wait till you read about my day. You can just skip down to the pictures and stitchy bit if you want ;-))

I woke with a banging headache far too early by my excited little DS, not the B'day lie in I'd had planned but I wasn't really too bothered as it is so lovely when my little ones are all excited :) I did have a wonderful pressie opening time and received such nice gifts (stitchy ones later) especially The Bratz mug from my little boy :) and the Leo china mug from my daughter who also got me a folding hairbrush because hairstylists can never have enough brushes you know ;-)) One mug is for tea (the china one) and the other for coffee (the pot one). I also got some wonderful pictures from my arty pair :-)) Their gifts are so special as you can imagine :))

All was going well and we had an overnight stay planned to Cumbria where my Mum & Dad were with a planned birthday tea and cake (for the little ones really : ). Last time we planned to go there at Easter our DG back door lock broke and we couldn't go. This time more or less as we were leaving Amy decided to swing off one of the top cupboard doors in our kitchen after getting some chocolate out. You guessed?? Yes she pulled the whole top row down - well, what didn't come down had to be taken down as they were all joined by the top pelmet thingy and all the brackets apart from one were loosened !! Most fortunately of all she was totally unhurt and no pets were in the kitchen at that time. Apart from mess (lots) no harm done and mainly I am just glad Amy was Ok that was my main concern, she was not even really shocked, I think I was more so !! My husband is not too good at DIY as one of his talents (shhhhh don't say I told ;-) and we now have 45 holes he has drilled across the wall to try to get them back up and they are still not up. Can't wait till my Dad gets home! Then I decided to cut the grass seen as we didn't go anywhere and blew the lawn mower up, a few other things happened throughout the day, I won't bore you with them all and to top it all I have got 13 proper cards!! I hope eCards can be added to that total as I am quite superstitious but if I add them the number is more than OK :))


Paola's Stitcher Case for ME
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Now onto the stitchy bit as after all that is why you are here...The first 3 pictures show the wonderful surprise I had from Paola in Italy for my birthday. I didn't even know she knew when it was!! This Stitchers Case is all beautifully handstitched , I love the Moda fabric and have some of that myself, I think the inside is beautiful a pair of my French scissors look right at home in it :-)) I love my big initials on the back too. I shall let you admire the pictures of this very kind ladies gift to me .....


Inside the Stitchers Case
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The case opened out Back and Front showing
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Today in my post I have received one of Carols lovely fobs for my Birthday:), I sent her a crystal cat for her birthday the stitched gift from me is to follow soon :) Carol has stitched me a DT design on 40ct, it is very pretty and the back has one of her little charms that says 'made with love' it is just so nice :-))

Carols Fob to ME
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Lastly but certainly not least I have got a special stitched gift from my Mum Veronica. I am now the proud owner of a tray, I think because I admired the one she sent to Becky in a recent exchange :)) The design is adapted from the LHN freebie and I love how it says my name. The fabric for the reverse is pretty special too as it is a Liberty Lawn, you can just see it at the edges :)


My Mums (Veronica) Gift to ME
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


To match the tray I have had a wee set of 'smalls' made to go with it, Mum stitched me a special message on the back of the scissor fob that certainly brought a smile :-)))

Matching 'Smalls' for ME from Mum (Veronica)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com



I think I got beautiful things and they all special and definately have a loving home here with me :-)) Thank all you so much including Su for taking the time to make me these wonderful treasures to make my day a bit more special :-)))


Until next time thanks for stopping by...keep those needles busy ;-))

40 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Wow, what a lovely birthday you have been having!!!! Thanks for the nice email about fob making - you cheered me up!

4:11 am  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Happy Birthday Helen! Such lovely gifts! Really wonderful :)

7:32 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What beautiful gifts you have received! That stitcher's case is really quite stunning. The fob from Carol is great as are your mums gifts too. I think i will attempt to make one of those trays one day.
Good luck with the kitchen DIY

10:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some beautiful gifts! Sounds like you had quite an eventful birthday ;)

10:17 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Well you certainly had a very INTERESTING birthday, Helen! ;) Very glad to hear you survived the falling cabinets and blowing-up lawnmower. My goodness - perhaps winter birthdays are safer? ;)

Your stitchy goodies are wonderful. Your Mum is truly an artist (and it certainly runs in the family)!

10:44 am  
Blogger cathymk said...

Gosh, what beautiful gifts! Happy birthday Helen.

11:10 am  
Blogger Anita said...

Wow you have some wonderful gift for sure and they are so precious.
I don't know your email address.
Here is my email address, when you
email me, I will send you my address. Thank you for the silk strawberry. ann62texas@yahoo.com

1:18 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely bunch of birthday goodness!!!
Your Mum has just outdone herself with the LHN Summer House freebie and doing it as Helen's House...what a sweet idea! I love it! And certainly after seeing sweet Amy's work, being a proud owner of a Su tin and seeing the pictures of all the splendid things you do and now your Mum...well I guess genius, awe-inspiring, gorgeous stitching runs in the family...most assuredly!

2:26 pm  
Blogger staci said...

Well, you certainly had a memorable birthday :) Lovely stitchy presents!!! Your mom is so talented, what treasures she has made for you!

3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful gifts! Happy birthday!!!

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had an eventful day! But, in the end you know you are so loved by your family and by the lovely gifts your friends and family made for you.

3:33 pm  
Blogger nela said...

OHHH todo es hermoso.. felicidades.. y lamento lo delas cosas rotas.. ayy
y para que sean 14... no sean como dicen que de que vuelan vuelan y para romper mala suete...
Mi ecards Birthdays...
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcardm.asp?code=1252965702286&ob=1

3:50 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Beautiful gifts! Happy birthday!!

6:25 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

It sounds like your birthday was certainly eventful Helen! I hope you get your kitchen sorted soon.

Your gifts are beautiful! The stitcher's case is exquisite and the tray from your Mum is gorgeous.

7:05 pm  
Blogger Giusy Jdeebella said...

Hallo Helen and happy birthday to you! you've got a bunch of very beautiful things. I also love the Paola's case, I've got one from her too and it is really well done and I love it! I also like the basket and the set of smalls are stunning! Happy birthday again! Giusy

9:20 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh Helen, you received some lovely, lovely gifts. The stitcher's case Paola sent you seems right up your ally. The set of stitching smalls from your Mum is SO gorgeous. I can see where you girls get it from :o)
Having read about all that happened on your birthday, I swear I shall never wish for Mr. Murphy to look for another victim. What if jinxed all this???

10:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts !
Happy birthday Helen !

12:09 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

It sounds like you had a lovely birthday.

I understand that Anita won, but I couldn't see her comment to read how old you are, so spill the beans!!

1:23 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

What lovely birthday gifts you received. The ones from the kids sound especially sweet. But what an eventful birthday day you had! I hope you have recovered!!

1:55 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh so pretty the stitching! What a day that was with a headache and the cupboards and all! Mercy!

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paola's case is just gorgeous
Veronica made wonderful gifts for you.

Let me wish you an happy birthday, lately

Big hugs, Eva

8:17 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

What exquisite gifts Helen! Enjoy and Happy Birthday again.

9:29 pm  
Blogger Mindi said...

Absolutely gorgeous birthday presents!

3:17 am  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Wow, after your ummmm eventful birthday I'm glad you had such wonderful presents to balance it out. All your gifts are beautiful.
Sue

3:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waow what lovely gifts. They are all beautiful but I think that those I prefer is that of Paola.

10:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from France,

Happy birthday to you, what a lovely gift you have received.
I love pink color, it's very nice!!
Gégé

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Happy birthday to you.
It's a beautiful gift you have received.
Gégé

1:33 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

A belated Happy Birthday Helen. Now that is what I call 'quite a day'!! Thank goodness no one was hurt. Gorgeous birthday gifts to make up for it. Actually hard to choose a favorite because everything is so pretty.

3:48 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

What lovely gifts. Happy birthday to you! xx

6:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

olá Helen
I love jour blog **************
Margarida Portugal

9:56 am  
Blogger Andrea said...

You have received some beautiful presents.
Glad everyone is OK after your disaster.

5:00 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Gorgeous birthday gifts!!!

6:02 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

im glad that amy was unhurt, the prezzies are wonderful your very lucky.

7:44 pm  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy birthday! Lovely presnets!

10:51 pm  
Blogger Deb said...

OMGoodness, Helen! What a birthday you had! I would be so stunned by that kitchen incident, I don't know what I would have done. Lucky that your child wasn't hurt! I hope not many of your pretty things were ruined...:(
You did receive some very pretty treasures from your mom and sister and Carol and others. I hope you continue to get good things as the month goes on...
Hugs,
Deb

6:43 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Such exquisite gifts you received on your birthday Helen! They quite befit you. :)
What a day you had though!!

12:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful B-Day for you!!! Ohhhh so many gorgeous items! Lucky you!

5:46 pm  
Blogger Sachiko said...

Happy Birthday Helen! Such lovely gifts! Really wonderful !!

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (belated) !
You're spoiled, these gifts are just gorgeous !!! Congratulation to the girls.

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome piece of work, your site is so beautiful like my favorite CouponAlbum site.

7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger