***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 1 August 2007

This 'n' that



On Sunday I had a trip to the historic market town of Bakewell set in the Peak District of Derbshire. We took a walk through these pretty gardens shown above, that are in the town whilst there :) My main reason for wanting to visit this town was for the stitching shop Wye Needlecraft in the picture below (pinched from their website ;-) My Mum and myself thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in this shop which has an upstairs part too. It has a great selection of many charts from alot of the main designers and we got ourselves a nice selection of stash to come home with :-)))




After the shop we browsed the town before having a walk along the River Wye that runs through Bakewell, this was our walk down the river towards the cricket pavillion.




This is the view on the way back up the walk towards the carparks, as you can see it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the birds were singing and the icecream was good :)) We had a wonderful meal in a tiny Italian Restauraunt before our drive back home. It was a very relaxing day and just what we needed to go home to start the week afresh :)




I very recently had a lovely gift sent to me by Nancy who knew I wanted the PS freebie chart of Rain Rain so she more than kindly managed to get me not only that one (which I knew was heading to me) but the brand new snowman one and all the threads for me to stitch Rain Rain. These extras came as a total surprise along with the card I used for the background of the needlecase pictures on the posting below. I had a wonderful surprise to get spoilt and really appreciate that Nancy did this for me and it quite made my day :-)) Thank-you again Nancy so very much you are lovely !!




I have a little bit of stitching to show you of a fob I made from the Blackbird Designs new book. I stitched this 1/1 on the overdyed linen from Kates Kloths using colours of my choice. I shortened the design by missing off the top bit as originally it was to be a pincushion. I added a tiny silver heart charm and a green crystal type bead to the silk ribbon at the top.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Below you can see how I did the back which was made using some silk and tiny antique beads on the ends of the ribbon. I thoroughly enjoyed making this fob which I did for Deb (Lavender Rose) as she has been in hospital and I wanted to cheer her up a little bit, especially as she had been so kind to me recently!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


It is way past midnight here so I am putting the links in tomorrow as I have to change browsers to do that and lastly but by no means least Carol...it is still the 31st in the US so all the best 'Happy Birthday Wishes' from me to you if you read this :-))

The links are in now ;-)

Thanks for visiting!

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures from your trip! Your fob is adorable, too.

Gotta love the PS charts - I'm a big fan.

4:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sur that your hospitalized friend loved it !

7:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Veronica had a great day! Lovely pictures too. And what a darling fob for Deb!!

7:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen !! Waow! what a cute little fob !!!! and stitched over one, it is so lovely !!! I love the way you finished it on the back.
You know what ? I've been to Bakewell myself and thoroughly enjoyed my visit to this charming needlework shop !! Did you taste the Bakewell Tart ? When I went there, the weather wasn't as lovely as the one you had, but the village was to die for !!! lovely little cottages you would like to live in !!!!
Hugs !

8:56 am  
Blogger IsaB said...

Such a lovely country when the weather is good! ;-D

9:23 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Lovely photoo's from Bakewell, you got a much nicer day for your trip than I did for mine. You forgot to tell us what stash you bought though LOL.

The fob for Deb is lovely.

11:07 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Lovely pictures, ive never been to Bakewell before, looks very pretty and that shop looks great! What stash did you get?!
I just seen your fob on Deb's blog, so lovely! Kind of Nancy to send you those gifts

12:04 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such a lovely bunch of pictures here! Helen, I adore your wee fob!
As usual your attention to detail is stunning! A gorgeous piece :)

1:10 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

What a pretty gift! I love this piece.

The pictures of your trip were so nice, flowers are gorgeous.

2:13 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hello Helen,

The fob you made is so lovely! All the special touches you added make it a beautiful work of art.

The gardens and the river look so peaceful to be wandering through them. You always have such gorgeous scenic photos to share.

Glad you enjoyed your little PS charts and thread!

Nancy

2:27 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely pics Helen, sounds like you and mum had a great day.
Love the wee fob too its really pretty.
What a lovely surprise to get from Nancy thats so kind of her.

3:10 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Oooh I love Wye Needlecraft and if you go up at Christmas time they set out a christmas area which is beautiful and full of traditional christmas stitchings. It's not too far from me either, well about 40 mins away. Love your little fob too. xx

4:39 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, what an idyllic sounding day! And the gift you made for Deb is so lovely and sweet! :D Can't wait to see you stitching up you new stash goodies!

5:04 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

What beautiful photos Helen. I'd love to visit Wye Needlecraft. Wonder if I can persuade DH to have a day out there next year:) I'm on the chart wagon so no point in going this year! Lol!

What new stash did you buy?

Love the wee fob you made for Deb. It's so pretty.

6:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice fob and nice pictures !

7:57 pm  
Blogger Mindi said...

The pictures of your trip brought back many fond memories of the years I lived in England. The fob turned out adorable, I love the addition of the crystal and beads to the ribbon.

12:10 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh, Helen, I could just walk into those pictures you take of the countryside. So serene and beautiful...makes me wish I were there.
Yes, I'm still in love with my little stitching pillow. I'm not thinking of it as a fob...it's too beautiful. I think it's just the perfect token of friendship. Thanks again...:))...and to all of you who comment here who also sent me sweet notes, cards and things!
Hugs,
Deb

7:45 am  
Blogger Carla said...

lovely fob! I'm sure the recipient is very happy to own it :)

3:56 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Such a gorgeous fob. I saw it on Deb's blog and she abviously loves it. What a sweet thing for you to do :)

Lovely photos of the gardens etc too. So English - that's why I love this country :)

5:08 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

You had a beautiful day in Bakewell. The fob is just beautiful too. :)

5:27 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

The little fob is beautiful! Such beautiful photos too - the flowers are lovely!

7:45 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

What fun! Sweet gift from Nancy and your fob for Deb is very pretty!

9:03 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

The photos are lovely Helen! i adore your stitching as always and what a lovely surprise you recieved!

1:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! I love the scenery and stitch shop you visited.
The Prairie Schooler freebies are cute as can be. And so is the scissor fob over one!
I sure hope your Mum's NRR is there today or tomorrow.
BTW, I included you with the other ladies for the tag on my blog.

5:01 am  
Blogger NIKY said...

I would like to be there with you visiting this lovely village and this nice shop too.Your landscapes are so beautifull!

11:52 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Such beautiful pictures Helen; gorgeous scenery.

The fob you made for Deb is so sweet and very delicate looking. I'm sure it will bring her cheer!

2:47 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Wye Needlecraft looks wonderful!! Glad you and Veronica had a good time there!! Thanks for the birthday wishes (see how far behind I am in blog reading??) - I see you have one creeping up soon and my needle is already doing some work for you ;-)

4:18 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Gorgeous pictures, the scenery is lovely and the shop looks like it would have been wonderful to visit.

What a thoughtful surprise to get from Nancy, those will be so cute done up. Your Fob finish is beautiful as well, I'm sure it made Deb smile.
Sue

3:09 am  
Blogger Jackie in UK said...

I love your little fob Helen, your finishing is always so lovely! I like your little angel holding the heart too. Glad you had a good time at Wye with your mum. It is my not so LNS, takes just under an hour to get there. I used to visit when my mum came to visit - she loved it too.

Jackie x

9:35 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a lovely giftie you made for Deb and I am sure she much appreciates your sweet thoughtfulness!!!

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger