***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 30 April 2007

Gorgeous Gifts

Finally I have got some time to do my blog with loads to tell you all this time...I thought I may as well do it all in one go while I have the chance... there are some pretty pictures further down ;-)))

Firstly, I would like to say a big THANK-YOU :-))) to everyone, for the sooooo nice comments you left on my last posting. You are all very kind and I really appreciate that you take the time to leave me a small word and that you like the wee things I do :-)) I myself, on the other hand am way behind on my blog reading, I will get caught up with you all in the near future.

I have, for my excuse... not been online an awful lot as I have been busy making the little gifties to send which I am going to post today, a bit later than I had said! Those who know me quite well will be giving a nod as this can be quite usual... I did try for the week target I gave myself but I felt my home was going to rack and ruin being the only one to chase around after 3 other people a cat and a dog ;-) So I had to stop before doing the third to sort things out. I can't think if my house is not ship-shape, for some reason! I like the good vibes and energy that run through when all is done ;-) To get back onto what you might like to read about... Gift number 2....hmmmm gift number 2... it just would not behave for me when I was finishing it! I did everything right so I thought, I took my time, I measured, I pressed it, I pulled it this way and I pulled it that way, I started again. Finally at 1.30am I thought I was all done so feeling rather pleased off to bed I went. Next came the morning and a look with fresh eyes (I think I prefered my tired ones) as when I looked at it was a bit skew wiff! No problem thought I, give it another press and a wiggle here and there and it will be fine!! Aha, no it was not, have you ever ironed anything stuffed with a good puff of steam?? If not, then don't !! My little thing was now not only cock-eyed but flat like a biscuit and basically starting to look like it had been a cat toy for a few days as I had pulled it about so much :( I decided there was nothing for it but to start again with a different one altogether including the design. I'm now glad I did ;-))
My only defence to myself for this wonky disaster is I have been full of cold so it must have affected my eye for a line...lol ;-) I am bright as a button again now (I hope) :-))) which is good as I am going to do the Pinkeep for the exchange on SBEBB this week as that is to be posted on Saturday and I have no time to make an error. After that I am doing a fob for the exchange on the FGBB which I am looking forward to :-)

My plans from then on are to finish two things I have made recently, one of them is a gift which I really, really will have complete and get it sent to my lovely friend!! The other is something which I think is for myself that I showed you the start of a few posting ago (the thing with the star ) ;-)

Speaking of my lovely friend...here is another beautiful gift I was lucky enough to have received from her :-)) I got this a good couple of weeks or so ago and it is from my friend the 'amazing stitcher' Colette... who if you remember gave me the other lovely Pinkeep I showed further down the page. I am absolutely delighted with this one as much as the other one and can't believe I now have two :-)) This one is so gorgeous as it is tiny and I really love tiny things, it is about its actual size as you see it here and I 'think' it must be stitched on something like 56ct linen as it has such tiny weeny crosses and they are over 2 threads!! It really is an exquisite Pinkeep and now one of my most treasured stitching gifts :-)) Colette has such a way as I have said before of being so kind and generous and making you feel happy hearted and all emotional all at once. She also has impeccable taste as you can see :-)) As a reminder if you look here you will be able to view her albums full of glorious works :-))) Thank-you so much again from the bottom of my heart Colette if you are reading this, I love it as you know :-)))))




My other gift from Dianne who is doing the Neighbourhood RR with my Mum (Veronica) and sister (Su). Dianne makes these cute little cards and all three of us got one each as a surprise. Pictured here is Veronicas along with my own they are really lovely and a very thoughtful thank-you to us. I don't know the details of Su's as she of course has her own but hers and Veronicas are for stitching on her RR, Mums is called 'Time to Sew'. I was shocked to get one as mine was a thank-you for visiting her blog and doing the NRR blog postings with Veronica who has no computer, mine is called 'Friends Appreciated' and is the one on the right as you look at the picture. They are clickable so you can see them enlarged and all the details :-)) Thank-you again Dianne from Veronica and I, they are really special and mean alot to us all :-)))




As I have been doing this posting my Postman has just been and brought me two nice packages, one is some Moda 'Blackbird Designs' fat quarters from the US. Not my usual style or colour ~ a bit of a change ??!!




The other envelope is this gorgeous little gift you can see below, I am very excited about these ribbons as I have been looking for goodness knows how long for some of these :-))) Niky has made my little dream come true today and I am delighted and ever so grateful.....thank-you so much again you lovely kind lady who has made my day :-))) Incase you don't know Niky she is an Italian lady who has a very, very nice blog which you can find here. You should really go and take a look as she does some fabulous stitching and there is loads to see .




Speaking of gorgeous blogs and stitching friends another friend of mine Nataliejo has re-opened her blog after a bit of a break. Those of us that knew her and her stitching really missed her blogging and we are all so, so pleased to see her back again with her beautiful finishes, stunning stitches and such pretty photographs the stitching blogging community was not the same with your inspiration Natalie !! Many of you may know of her but for those who don't or didn't know her blog was on the go again.....I promise you it is definately worth taking a look :-)))))


Finally....Here is Hamish who is looking really cute today, (he could sell chocolates with that face) and I have got this cheeky little face patiently waiting for me to take him out for a walk...lol!! Better go...how can I not?? I'll be back when my little gifties have arrived so I can show you what little things I made. Hope you all enjoy the very inspiring links and have a very nice week :-))


28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've received some lovely gifts and stash! Hamish is so cute, his pic really made me smile - what a sweet little dog :)

2:53 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

All your bits and pieces are gorgeous. Love the pinkeep. Hamish is so cute! I just love dogs :-).

3:08 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Send Hamish round our house on his chocolate selling round - he's utterly adorable! ;)

You've received such lovely gifties, Helen! The cards from Dianne are a treat - I have mine hanging on my fridge for all to see. The ribbon from Nicky is lovely - I can't wait to see what you do with it! (The same goes for those scrumpious Moda fabbies, too!)And that teensy pinkeep - good heavens, that's adorable! What is it about these teensy works of art that are so irresistable?

I hope your week goes wonderfully well. I have to laugh at your late-night versus next-day "vision". A cat toy, indeed! LOL!

3:23 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow you have received some beautiful gifts. Hamish is so cute!

4:05 pm  
Blogger glamlawlib said...

Thanks for the links to blogs full of inspiration :)

Hamish is too cute!

Lovely to see all your nice things too :)

4:46 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

WOW, you have received some very lovely gifties :) That's wonderful, because you deserve them :)

I love your Hamish-he is adorable :)

Have a lovely week :)

5:02 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Glad to see you back :)
You have lovely friends and lovely gifts....all for a lovely lady :)
Thanks for sharing all the links!
Can't wait to see your gifts to your friends!

5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gifts, you lucky girl :)

Hamish is a cutie!

6:13 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh lovely gifts H, and I have enjoyed redading your post even tho' I know what you've been doing.

Hamish is looking as debonair as ever
- kisses

6:51 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Wow, you were in a talkative mood! What a nice long post, Helen. And such beautiful gifties and stash, too! My card from Dianne is in my tree-of-all-seasons. Isn't she a darling?
Hamish is a super cute little guy.

8:49 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Your pictures are beautiful - your little dog is precious! All of your gifts and your new fabric are lovely. I especially like the pinkeep, but then I am partial to them now that I am making a basket full for my kitchen! You asked me about the Prairie Schooler freebie Rain - a pinkeep on my blog. It is the new freebie card that was issued with Rain, Rain and the Summer and Spring samplers. It is not on their website yet. If you need help finding one let me know, and I may be able to help you.

Welcome back!
Nancy

1:05 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow - you sure have been busy!! I adore that wee pinkeep from your dear friend :-) I got your email and sent a reply - did you get my reply? I think one of your emails to me went astray.... :-(

5:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of lovely things to see here, I love it.

9:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to read you again :)
Hamish is really cute !

Your gifts are gorgeous, lucky girl ;o)))
I especially do like Moda fabrics

Can wait to see what you've stitched for your friends

Happy Day Labor, Helen !

9:58 am  
Blogger Hazel said...

So many wonderful links. Thanks for sharing them. Love the fabric! xx

2:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen, your Hamish is sooo cute !
Thank you for your kind words about my blog ;-)

4:12 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Lovely, lovely things Helen! And Hamish looks very handsome indeed!

7:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just read your blog because of a link through Plush. I will put you on my regular list as you have such a great blog. Your slide show is beautiful and little Hamish is a darling.

1:16 am  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Wonderful pictures you posted, and delightful gifts. Sorry you had such trouble with the one project, it is a shame after the stitching you did that it just wouldn't work properly.

Hamish looks adorable, and I can quite see why you couldn't resist taking him for a walk. Looking forward to seeing pictures of what you've been working on,
Sue

5:43 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Hi Helen
I loved seeing everything you have been given and can't wait to see what you have given when you can post your pictures of the things you stitch and I LOVED the picture of Hamish - he is so cute!
Patti xxx

10:29 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Wow your blog is sooooooo fun to read! I haven't been in here for a few days and wow there is so much to see. I love all the little things you have received in the mail! Your little Hamish is just such a cute little guy! I bet he and my little Chucky would get along nicely! You really have some beautiful things here!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!! Debby :)

3:52 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Lovely gifts...you are one very lucky lady.

7:47 am  
Blogger Dolci Fusa said...

Do you like quaker patterns?
Visit aou Quaker inspired blog! http://quakerinspired.blogspot.com/
Vero

2:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts!

What a gorgeous dog!!

2:43 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hi there Hamish - it's so nice to meet you. What an adorable little fellow his is Helen.
You have received such pretty gifts and now of course I'm curious to see what lovely things you have made.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
PS: Do pick up HH again. You will love the effect of 1/2. Just your style.

5:48 pm  
Blogger Karin said...

Hamish is a sweetie! I love the way you photographed all of your gifts - the pictures show off how special they are.

9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely gifts you've received!!!
Glad you're back again posting your beautiful works and gifts!
And thanks so much for the lovely comment to my blog :)

You have also a cute little friend!

10:31 pm  
Blogger Cindy said...

Oh...i love your cute doggy, Hamish. He is really so adorable!

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger