***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 13 April 2007

Happy Birthday Blog

Yes it is one year ago today that I made my first posting to the blogging world :-))

I was given the idea from my sister Su whose blog you are nearly all familiar with. Before that time the only blog and album I knew about was Vero M's :-)) which I loved. Since then I have found so many more :-)) I was a bit unsure about starting my own blog, as I don't have alot of time to do my hobby and thought I may not have enough of frequent interest to feed a blog...but with a bit of encouragement from Su......I thought why not :-)) I also thought it would encourage me to make time for myself to do my hobby!

I had no idea I would actually get any visitors to my site when I started and when I got my first comment, from another person, apart from Su I was amazed and delighted. I also had no idea that nearly 28000 of you would visit my small space in the year. Although this is quite a small figure compared to other blogs traffic, to me, it is incredible and I value each one of them, not just from the lovely people who comment but the quiet visitors too...I know you are there :-)) I also know I am not very well known yet in the stitching world having only been around online for 1 year.
I have a summary of
85 visits per day
596 visits per week
2285 visits per month
4% of my visitors leave a comment :-))

I really appreciate all these visits and comments... as I know ;-) I am a much slower stitcher than most of you and I only blog when the inspiration takes me. Inspite of that you still come to see my finished works and for some to leave me a kind word, I am very grateful :-)) My stitching world has expanded this past year...I have joined a couple of BB's in this last year for the first time ever, made new friendships with some lovely, lovely ladies and acquaintances with other lovely ladies, joined into my first SAL (which I have yet to finish, I will Eva, I promise) and taken part in exchanges. All this is such good fun and I love the friendship that we have together as 'embroidering machines'. Don't you think its great how that French word sounds translated into English ;-)

I love the hobby that we share as a common passion and the pride we all take in our works big or small. We all only have to take a look around the blogs and albums that are on-line to feel instantly inspired by something or some-one. We all have our favourites that we naturally gravitate towards and this is a good thing as it gives us all admiration and a little dream or a hope to be able to achieve and create something beautiful ourselves from our own heart . Needlework 'finishing' has been something new to me this past year and I have totally been enjoying the experience, I love to challenge myself to new things and to improve and develop the stitching talent I already have. I have a long way to go and alot to learn to get to where I want to be but even then I will move the boundry further out, this in itself is what I most love about embroidery in its many forms, you can never get bored!!

So my dear 'embroidering machine' friends of every nation and country there is some amazing talent out there...many of them are you... so remember, we are the stitchers of today, creating a future for our hobby and the history and heirlooms of tomorrow with every piece we stitch in whatever form it takes. I am so happy to be one of 'todays' stitchers with the technology available today to be able to share in this great passion.

I want to thank-you all yet again for taking the time to come to my small space, I have found looking through my comments that one lady in particular has been with me from the beginning offering kind words and support this lady is Von (On the Dry Side) and I say an extra special thank-you to you :-)) I would also like to say it is very close and another 2 ladies have supported me right along the way, these ladies are Nicky and Barbara again a special thank-you to you both. I was going to offer a small gift to just one person (Von) as a thank-you but feel as it is so close I would like to give a little something to Nicky (Plush) and Barbara (Mainely Stitching) as well. Now this may not be a xstitched little giftie (you know how slow I am ;-) but it will be something made by me just for you, so if you can send me your addresses I will get them out to you this next week. I dearly wish I could have the time to make each and everyone of you a little gift to show my appreciation but sadly this is not possible as 'real-life' gets in the way sometimes, I hope you will understand and know I do appreciate each and everyone of you, so very much :-)))))

I shall now leave you with a slide show of the works I have achieved in this last blogging year, I am very proud of my 'small things' I have accomplished and I hope you will enjoy it too. :-))




love Helen xxx

50 Comments:

Blogger Annemarie said...

Woohoo! Happy Blogiversary, Helen! After you've been so kind with your compliments to your readers, let me now compliment you, and thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for being such an inspiration. Your stitching is always perfection, and your finishing breathtaking. You're a lovely stitching friend, and I'm very glad your sis managed to talk you into creating your own blog!

11:03 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

Happy anniversary! I love your blog because your needlework is beautiful and you take incredible pictures.

1:52 am  
Blogger Von said...

Oh, my - it's been a year already?! Happy happy blogiversary, Helen. It was a happy day for all of us when you joined our ranks and dazzled us with your stitching confections and amazing photography skills too! How could I not have responded? :D You are such a sweetheart and I'll be emailing you shortly!

2:07 am  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Happy Birthday to your blog :) WE are all so happy you decided to share with us by creating your wonderful blog...just think of all the wonderful things we would have missed :) You are indeed an asset to the blogging community :)

((hugs))

2:33 am  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Happy Blogiversary, doesn't it feel like the last year has flown looking back? I'm coming up on mine in June and can't believe how fast it has gone. Looking at your work over the last year I think you've gotten an amazing amount done, I certainly don't feel you are a slow stitcher at all. All your finishs are lovely,
Sue

3:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Helen! It's been my pleasure to meet you and your family over the last year. Your blog is definitely one of the prettiest I've come across. Su and you have a gift with photos. I'll keep coming back for a visit.

4:59 am  
Blogger Carol said...

A year already?? Where does the time go! Congratulations - I hope you will be here for many more!

5:13 am  
Blogger Barbara J said...

You've summed it all up Helen!

Your collection is remarkably beautiful and you take such pains to capture a good picture with props and all. Love them all.

You inspire me to take our craft to new heights. Carefully emboidered and meticulously finished. Thank you.

6:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful blog. I hope we will be able to celebrate much birthdays. What you stitch is beautiful.. . . Sorry for my english

8:42 am  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I loved watching your slideshow. You are a very talented lady!

9:52 am  
Blogger IsaB said...

Happy Anniversary to your Blog, Helen! I love this blogging world which enabled me to get into contact with you (even if not often enough but that's life! ;-D)
I love your slide show and your finishes are always so lovely...
xxx
Isa

10:08 am  
Blogger glamlawlib said...

You are too modest! I love your blog and the amazing photos you take of your stitching, which is always fabulous! If I had half your talent I would be happy :) I can't believe you've only been blogging a year, you are so accomplished! Happy Blog Birthday!

11:21 am  
Blogger Keka Guillén said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!
It's a pleasure to visit you. Your blog is wonderful and I love your lovely works.

11:58 am  
Blogger Katrina said...

Happy, happy Blog anniversary! I do love your blog and the slideshow is awesome. It's alway fun to visit here and I have so much admiration for your ability to finish such pretty unusual pieces. And what a blessing to share your hobby with your mom and sister and daughter.

1:17 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! You are right that so many wonderful people all over the world can come together in special friendships through stitching and blogs.

Your slide show is magnificent. All of your work is so beautiful, and thank you for letting me enjoy it!

Nancy

1:35 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Happy Bloggy burpday!!! I'm glad that you decided to give it all a go you are indeed an asset to the blogging and stitching community and if you look H you have done far more in a year than you would have normally and look how tremndous it all is as you are very very talented you know.
Love and hugs Su x

5:01 pm  
Blogger NIKY said...

Thank you for your wondefull blog, I just love to come and visit it every day. Happy birthday.

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Helen !!!!! one year already, isn't that amazing ??!! I agree with you about the funny translation of the French word 'stitcher' :-))) I noticed it when I tried Babelfish to translate my own pages !!
and don't worry about being a slow stitcher, it makes me feel I am not the only one ;-)))
hugs

6:23 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Happy anniversary to your blog Helen

6:48 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

WOW - happy blogaversary! :) I'm glad you came to blogland!!!

7:12 pm  
Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Blogaversary. You may not produce as many as some but what you do produce is perfection. It indeed shows thought, care and dedication to the one thing we all have in common...stitching.

Take care.

8:13 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Happy Anniversary Helen. I love reading your blog and seeing all your gorgeous finishes. You make me so jealous. Keep up the good work.

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Helen! I love your blog, and love your stitching - keep up the good work!

9:55 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy blog anniversary to you! I really enjoy reading it! You are a very sweet, wonderful person, Helen! I am glad to know you!

10:08 pm  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Here you go Helen:

http://www.lamaisondanael.com/livrets_nouveaux/anciens.htm

5:43 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

happy anniversary to your blog, Lena! Thank you for sharing your beauties and happy spirit with us all... The blogging world is a different place with you, that's for sure!

11:26 am  
Blogger Olga said...

I would like to say that you have been the cataclyst of my cross stitching. I came across your blog accidentally and I was hooked. Your workmanship and finishing is superb. You are an inspiration! I still visit your blog regularly. :) All the best
Olga

1:01 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Happy Anniversary on your blog Helen! I just love you slide show here! Wow you get sooooooo much stitching done and it is all just beautiful! I have missed you! I will be sending you an email tomorrow!! Hugs Debby:)

3:16 am  
Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, Helen, your blog and your stitching are an inspiration to me! You are such a talented lady in so many wonderful ways, and your loving spirit shines through in your needlework and your blog! I have not been blogging long... but when I found your blog, how could I not come back again and again... it's such a soothing and inspirational journey...

Happy Blog Anniversary dear Helen... your slideshow is breath-takingly beautiful...and I hope to see many, many more...

4:15 am  
Blogger tintocktap said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Hope your wonderful stitching and blogging continues to give you and us as much pleasure.

11:30 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your delightful blog :) I've not been around a year yet for blogging...but when I started yours was one that I found right off. Your stitching and finishing are one of a kind pieces of art. Your a wonderful embroidress and finisher :) Hugs to you on this special date! I loved your entry...it was sincere and straight from the heart! Hugs to you dearie!

12:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy blog anniversary, Helen

your blog is delightful and i love coming here, seing your gorgeous stitching, your work in (out ? lol) progress and your finishing, always perfect

it's a fact : you belong to a talented family

bigs hugs my friend,
Eva

2:15 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Awwww you're so sweet! It nearly made me cry reading that. I only hope that I'll still be here a year on blogging away and stitching new and exciting things. I love reading your blog and get so very inspired by all the wonderful things you stitch. Here's to another year! xx

5:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday ! It's always a pleasure to comme to see your nice blog !

6:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog was one of the first I bookmarked when I started visiting cross stitch blogs. What beautiful stitching you've shared with us this year, and your finishes are always stunning! I'm looking forward to your new finishes in the coming year.

1:31 am  
Blogger Deb said...

Lena,
You can truly say you are an accomplished needlewoman. Your stitching and finishing is immaculate and beautiful. I love your blog, your spirit and you photos!! Especially love the person you are that shines through your words, and your stitching. Congratulations on your first Anniversary, and many more, we all hope!!
Hugs,
Deb in FL

7:21 am  
Blogger tintocktap said...

Hope you don't mind - I've borrowed your mice idea and made a few myself! I've posted some notes on my blog as to what I did - how does it compare with yours?

3:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your blog. I allways enjoy your lovely stitching!

6:24 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary...keep up the great work!

9:49 pm  
Blogger Crazee4books said...

Happy Anniversary Helen, And thank you for the allowing us the pleasure of sharing your beautiful stitching pieces. I always look forward to reading your blog and seeing the lovely things that you make. Your words in todays blog entry are very true. Stitching bloggers are a great inspiration to each other. Hope you have many more anniversarys. Cheers Judy

1:47 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to your your blog! I have enjoyed your exqusite stitching so much-and look forward to seeing lots more!

2:53 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your stitching and finishing are so exquisite, Helen, I can't imagine you've only been at it for such a short time! Your blog is such an inspiring place to visit and your photos are so beautiful. Happy Blog-Birthday!

1:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Blog Birthday.
Your work is so lovely and so neat and your photos are wonderful and I enjoy reading your blog entries.
I do like visiting your blog (but I am not a blogger so I feel funny about leaving comments).
Thank you.

6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so pretty!!! I love looking through it!!! And your BD new love is so pretty the way you made it into a needlecase!!!
I want to blog but don't know where to begin.
Karin :)
in NY

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday! You have done some beautiful work!

2:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogversary!!

I am the few who do not comments but visits your blog regularly...tsk...tsk...bad Zohrah

What can I say...all your works are magnificent. It's been an inspiration to me. If only my stitching is as perfect as yours...even a fraction I would be happy.

Looking forward to many more.

5:44 am  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary. Your blog is a joy to read and your projects and the presentation thereof a wonderful sight to behold.

3:50 am  
Blogger nela said...

Feliz aniversario....

5:26 am  
Blogger Karin said...

Happy Anniversary!

2:41 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

Well, I'm obviously very late reading this but I wanted to add my comment and say happy anniversary! I'm glad you joined us bloggers too :)

And I'm not surpised at the number of comments you get as your stitching is gorgeous and you take such trouble with your photos too. You really have a beautiful blog :)

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger