***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 3 March 2007

Total Lunar Eclipse

Total Lunar Eclipse 22.47pm 03/03/07



I am not a scientist, but this is when the Moon is completely in the Earth's shadow and can only happen when there is a 'Full Moon' with no direct illumination from the Sun. So it looks orange/red because it is lit by the light being refracted through the Earth's atmosphere. This is what I can see from the front of my house right now in England and I thought I'd share it with you. Not bad pictures for just a normal digital camera are they!

Close up of Total Lunar Eclipse 03/03/07

See the lovely deep red colour!



Update of Moon moving out of Total Lunar Eclipse 23.58pm 03/03/07

See how it looks Orange coloured now!



Moon at 12.33am nearly back to normal 04/03/07



Last bit to go 12.54am 04/03/07

Getting a big glare from the sunlight shining back on it now



Back to Normal Full Moon 1.16am 04/03/07

10 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

Aren't these events interesting?! Although his interest is waning a bit these days, my DH is quite the amateur astronomist. He still keeps track of major events and now and then goes out with his telescope and some of the kids.

I'm glad you got to enjoy the eclipse!

4:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for those piccies, Helen. Erik and I waited up to see as it was a clear night, but then... yep, you've guessed it: clouds, clouds and more clouds, so we missed the best part!

8:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics! TFS Helen :)

9:06 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh! I forgot all about this! I went to bed.... Darn. Thanks for the pictures!

9:06 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely pics Helen! We could have seen it at home last night...but I forgot...I'm a bad Mum :(
Your pictures are totally cool and I'm going to show my kids!
Thanks!

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed it - but it was snowing last night, so I wouldn't have been able to see anything.

Thanks for psoting pictures!

4:00 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

those are cool pictures....thanks for sharing

9:30 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That was so neat seeing those pictures!

11:46 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing - I was sorry to miss it in this part of the world :)

8:27 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Helen you have such great photos of the lunar elipse!! I tried to go out and see it, but from here we didn't get the view that you did! I think more of Europe got to see this! Your photos are awesome!! Debby :)

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger