***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 2 February 2007

SAL Garden of Life Part 1

At the moment I don't really have alot of photos to show as I have been busy working on my SAL and exchange finishing. I have now done some more on this SAL piece since these pictures, it is Blackbird Designs 'Garden of Life' a Loose Feathers chart. This SAL is with Eva and 20 other ladies from around the world, my Mum (Veronica) and sister (Su) are both doing this as well :)) It started on 10th January, Eva has divided the design into 6 sections, each to be done over a 2 week period... so my picture shows mine with the first section done which I was well on time with...infact I was early :-)))

We have an album which we are all putting our pictures to chart the progress which can be found here




I did get the recommended 30ct Alabaster linen and had made a start on that, doing this 1/1 but really didn't like the feel of it (the linen) ...you know when something makes you cringe, it was rough and scratchy!! Then I tried my 40ct Vintage Bittersweet but decided against that as I'm not sure if I would want a pinkish (cos my cut is very pink toned ) picture on my wall, should I decide to frame it. So, I am using something I have had in my stash for ages (years) to stitch this on...a 32ct hand-dyed linen with the colour aptly called 'Spring Glow' from Dyeing4U, it is a Lugana linen which I have never ever stitched on before but I like how the stitches are looking and love the feel of the fabric. As I thought it would take me ages to catch up after my 2 false starts, I decided to go with the 2/2 option but infact it does stitch up pretty quickly :-)

I have shown this close-up to show the 'Smyrna Stitches' I have used for the flower blossoms on the trees, I just fancied to have them stand out a bit more and to give a little bit more interest to stitching it.




Onto my other stitching... I have finished and sent my exchange pieces for the 'Stitching Smalls' and 'Valentine' for the SBEBB which hopefully won't take too long to arrive and I can share the pictures soon :-) I have stitched myself a small thing and have the back to do then the finishing, for this I am going to try something new for me in the way I finish it :) I have stitched a tiny Birthday gift for my Mum... which shame on me I have not had time to do the finish yet and her Birthday was yesterday! I did however give her this book and the tiny Knitting Needles to go with it as one of her gifts. It is a lovely book with lots of patterns in it... but good luck to anybody with those knitting needles as they are like 2 strips of wire not even 1mm thick and you use embroidery thread as the yarn !! I have got some new stash which has arrived so when I stop gazing at it all I might get something else stitched ;-)





Thats about it for now, I will be back soon when my exchanges arrive and I have done my other finishing :-))

Have a great weekend and 'Thank-You' so much for the comments you have all left and 'Hello' to my new visitors it is so nice to see you here :-))

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking lovely so far Helen! I'm just about to go and stitch some more on mine - I'm determined to get to the halfway point tonight LOL!

I love the fabric you're using, it suits the piece really well. Lugana is my favourite evenweave, I think it's lovely to stitch on. Thanks for sharing your progress :)

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden of Life looks great. I love Blackbird Designs

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden of Life looks great. I love Blackbird Designs

9:36 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It's gorgeous so far! :) :)

9:40 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Your GOL looks fabulous...I love the fabric that you've decided on :)

Can't wait to see all your "finished"
finishes!
:)

9:45 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I love your progress so far! I like to stitch on lugana from time to time because the stitches come out so neat and equal on it. Glad you could find the perfect fabric. :)

10:06 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Your GoL is looking great. Really looking forward to seeing your finishes.
I love the book you got mum I want this one too.

11:37 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen:

Your Blackbird Loose Feathers Garden of Life is just really pretty!! You do such wonderful work and it seems like your colors are extra beautiful!! It is great to see you blogging too! I have stitched a bit more on my project and hope to post perhaps this weekend. I got stuck on an area and had such a hard time making myself get back to it but am so glad I did! I can hardly wait to start on the cider mill house. I love watching your progress here. It is so beautiful! Thank you also for your well wishes! I hope that you too are feeling much better!! Debby

4:17 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

You are off to a fab start! looks good.

7:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that BBD design, I'm sure yours will be beautiful ! thank you for showing us :-)
hugs
argone
http://argone.over-blog.com

1:31 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

Lovely work on GOL! I think you made the right choice with the fabric you finally decided on.

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work on your first part, Helen

10:23 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

You are off to a great start!

10:52 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

You've made a great start, and your fabric choice is beautiful!

1:06 am  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

The fabric looks wonderful and I like your Smyrna stitches too. It's nice to personalize these pieces yet still keep the feel of the design. You've done great. Happy Stitching, CJ

10:07 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Garden of Life looks gorgeous Helen, great start. I hope your Mum enjoys knitting the pinballs, I'm partway through my first attempt and I'm steadily getting used to the needles (especially as I was using 10mm to knit my last project LOL)

5:12 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your Garden of Life. I'll have to look into getting it later in the year I think.

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger