***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 5 February 2007

Stitching 'Smalls' Exchange Received and a gift...

I have received my Needlework 'Smalls' from Paula today in this exchange from SBEBB, I am very lucky and got two items from her which are a Pinkeep and a tiny fob to match :-) and was spoilt with some nice extra goodies that Paula also enclosed in her package to me.

The lovely pinkeep and a matching fob are stitched with a variegated red and teamed with bright red pins and cording. The lining for the reverse is a bright red silk (I love silk) and Paula's finish is so neat.

The Front of the Pinkeep and Fob from Paula


It also has an ingenious idea of a magnet on the back of the pinkeep to put needles on which you can see in this picture below. I am not sure of the colour red used for the stitching or who the design is by but Paula might put the details on her blog:) Thank-you again Paula so much... I love it and you have got my week off to a great start :)

The back showing the clever magnet part

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now to move on to the beautiful gift I have received from my DD who is 8...she has been having her first tries on the Sewing Machine whilst at her Grans (Gran is more patient than me!). When she came home, this is what had been made for me... all by herself :))) My DD had the idea, chose the fabrics a green wool felt with 'Children of Light' as the contrast, cut it out with two types of scissors, both layers, threaded the machine herself, then sewed it all on her own (with supervision from my Mum). She has even sewn the real Swarovski crystal button to it herself with a press-stud on the other side. You go girl...lol...pinching your Grans best buttons for your Mum...lol. I bet I don't have to tell you... as you will already have guessed ;-) that this is, of course, a case for me to keep my tape-measure in...so how about that!!! I bet you are all wanting one now as she has done it so very well with nearly perfectly straight lines!! My DD is going to update her little blog with this and something else she has done in the next day or two... if she can squeeze that into her busy life :-)

My gift - Tape Measure Case

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank-you all again for taking the time to visit my blog, have a great start to the week and I will be back soon as my exchange pieces should have arrived/start arriving this week to my secret partners ;-)

18 Comments:

Blogger Annemarie said...

You have been SO spoiled! Lovely fob and keep from Paula, and Amy's work is lovely. You'd better watch out, Helen and Su (and Veronica): not much longer and Amy will surpass even your impressive skills!

3:14 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Lovely exchange Helen that you received from Paula.
Tell Amy Aunty Su wants one too - she's so talented that niece of mine - she must get it from her aunty (lol) - I told you she was a mini-me LOL!!

4:12 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Helen - wow, lovely items from Paula! The magnet truly is a lovely idea! I would love to know where to find red pins - gorgeous! And Amy - oh, she is just amazing! She is a true needleworker already - please say hi to her for me!

4:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty pinkeep and fob. The case your daughter made is just precious.

5:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely exchange and Amy's gift to you is so sweet :)

5:20 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Love your exchange gifts. And the tape case is so sweet. Your Amy has her head screwed on right, nicking stuff from her Gran. LOL.

5:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything's gorgeous :)

6:15 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Awww, how sweet that your daughter made you a sweet gift like that :)
And such a well done job too!

I saw your exchange gift on the SBEBB board..its fabulous and that magnet is just the deal :)

7:32 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh your exchange piece is wonderful. Your DD's piece is the best, she's done a brilliant job for her first effort.

7:50 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your daughter just melts my heart!

And your exchange gifts are lovely, too, of course! ;)

8:04 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

The exchange pieces are soo pretty!! Love the RED :)

Your DD is very creative! love the tape measure holder :)

8:12 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

You made my day with this post...what a sweet daughter you have and what a wonderful job she did with your gift :)

Lovely exchange from Paula :)
((hugs))

8:43 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

What gorgeous excahnge pieces! So lovely. And Amy's gift is wonderful. She's obviously really talented and we can all see where she gets her crafting inspiration :)

9:00 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Those are such nice surprises! How awesome!

11:41 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful exchange pieces-they are small. Your daughter did an awesome job!

3:46 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

What a sweet gift from your daughter! Lovely stitching and finishing on the Needlework Smalls exchange too!

4:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely exchange gifts from Paula!

Congratulations to your DD (I love her blog, too!)

12:19 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Awww, Amy's gift is just awesome - you have a very talented girl there ... but then again, look at the gene pool she's from, she had no choice really ;) And your exchange from Paula is gorgeous too :D

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger