***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 7 February 2007

My 'Needlework Small' Exchange to Veronica

No, your eyes are not tricking you...look again ;-) it is different.....really!! I have seen today on the SBEBB that the Needlework 'Smalls' that I stitched have arrived :)) I am having very co-incidental exchanges at the moment as the name I was given for my secret partner was Veronica, who I stitched for on the Winter Quaker exchange. Now I really didn't mind this as I knew straight away what to stitch for her. Knowing she loves Quaker designs and the fact the two exchanges were very close together, I decided to stitch a little more of the collection and to do it in the same colours of course... so she has a little set of 'smalls' :)

This- as a reminder, is the set by Ellen Chester 'With My Needle' from the JCS Christmas ornie magazines over a few different years. I did everything pretty much exactly the same for the stitching and finishing as I had done for the pocket. The only addditon was the small silk ribbon bows which have not come out quite the right shade on my pictures but which do tone in very well IRL :)) The striped fabric you can just see on these pictures is what I used for the lining.


The Scissor Pocket and tiny Fob


For the back of the scissor pocket I stitched the same as the Needleworkers pocket for the personalisation, I did also personalise the back of the fob in each corner... Sorry I forgot to turn that around for its picture! The fob was a little fiddley but ever so cute thing to do, as it is actually quite tiny to get a neat finish but I managed well. It is made as per the finishing instructions in the JCS magazine with the weight inside 2 pieces of batting. I included that as an extra to go with the scissor pocket along with the fabric, linen and threads etc I used, so Veronica can complete the set for herself. :)


The Back of the Scissor Pocket


Veronica has said she is 'thrilled' to have received them and was so excited she could hardly stand it which made me laugh. If you would like to re-visit her blog go here.

Now we wait for the Valentine one .......................

Back soon ;-)

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful Lena :) Great job as always! :)

2:17 pm  
Blogger Myrna said...

Very, very pretty!

I love how you set up your stitching to take pictures.

I'm lucky if I remember to take pictures!

2:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely stitching! I'm not surprised Veronica is thrilled :) And lovely staging for the photographs too!

2:56 pm  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Absolutely gorgeous :) I am sure she is just so thrilled! I know I would be!

hugs :)

3:11 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Your exchange is so beautiful!

4:17 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Helen, your little fob and scissor packet are really beautiful!! Great job on them!! Debby :)

4:19 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Oh its lovely Helen - no wonder Veronica was thrilled.

4:52 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I've also had the same name(s) popping up for exchanges, which is kind of funny.

This is gorgeous, and your finishing skills are simply awe-inspiring!

4:54 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Such lovely work...it's beautiful as always :)

6:33 pm  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

Helen! I had to stop by and say "thanks" again. You know how I feel about your stitching and finishing skills - you are a pro. The same goes for your photography skills. My goodness, you could do work for designers and magazines, girl! From the bottom of my heart, I will always be thankful and inspired by this wonderful set. :)

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your exchange is absolutly beautiful!

6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do such nice work. Your stitching is A-1

7:45 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is so pretty!

7:57 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Okay, no comment on the stitching and the finishing. No comment whatsoever, and you know why :o)

9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful... She must be really happy !

9:52 pm  
Blogger Jacqui said...

It's really pretty, the fob and the scissor pocket.

11:21 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

So beautiful! I just saw them on Veronica's blog :) What a great idea to do a set and how wonderful they look :)

3:06 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You always do such a wonderful job. The set up of your photos is just as lovely!

5:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow I definitely love that blue colour from Anchor, I have ordered it and wait for it !!
this set is so elegant and beautifully finished, congratulations !
argone
http://argone.over-blog.com

11:43 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Some gorgeous exchanges, congratulations Helen

11:50 am  
Blogger Katrina said...

She's a lucky lady! They are gorgeous, what a great set of smalls.

12:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your gifties are gorgeous and your pictures of them are just inspired! I wish I could take pics like that!

12:34 pm  
Blogger IsaB said...

Well she was lucky indeed... what a gorgeous set !!! Wonderful! Congratulations!

3:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this set is absolutly exquisite

i understand Veronica was so thrilled to receive your gift

6:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woweee!!!!!!!!!!! I love all of your beautiful stitching,

HOW NICE IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger