***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 14 January 2007

Hello 2007

What better way to see my stitching 'New Year' in...than with the Winter Quaker Exchange from SBEBB. I have received this lovely Needlebook from Cathy B ...it is stitched with Crescent Colors - Blue Moon which is such a pretty, delicate shade of blue. The needlebook is from the 'Quaker Schoolgirl Needle Necessities' by Ellen Chester (With My Needle) and uses the motifs taken from Ackworth School in Yorkshire UK, it is stitched on Antique White linen. Cathy has personalised the front with my initials and sent me Thread Gatherer silks in gorgeous shades of blue along with a mother of pearl thread winder, some stitching fabric and the cutest project cards by la d da. I must say I have admired Cathy's stitching for some time now and am proud to own a piece of her work which is every bit as nice IRL :-)) Thank-you so much Cathy I love it all and the way you wrapped all the packages so nicely :-)) You made my day!!

This shows the whole package sent to me


This shows the front of the Needlebook with the personalisation

This is the inside showing the silk lining


This shows the whole of the outside


I have just got a display cabinet for my needlework and do still need to get little stands for my pieces (so sorry you can't see them too well) but I thought I would show you where this now lives...it is with the Mary Garry 'Sit & Sew' tiny fob and pinkeep I made the other month as the colours all blend well together :-))

In place in my display cabinet


I have been rather slow with my stitching, my back, shoulder and especially arm are so much better now...boy was that trapped nerve painful!! and I am so relieved :-))) I have done the finishing for my Winter Quaker which took me hours...really it did... from 9.30 in the morning until 2.30am on the night...I did have a few breaks for neccessary things but on the whole it took me that long!! I am however really pleased with the finish and will show it when it arrives at its destination :-)

I do have a picture to show you of the start I have made with 'Emblem of Love' by With my Needle (Ellen Chester)...I love these colours so much. I am doing this as a SAL with my Mum and we are both slow with time and as stitchers, so are in about the same place :-) I am using 36ct Light Examplar from Lakeside Linens as the 40ct Vintage Bittersweet I had got for this was far too pink for some reason and the pink threads did not show up at all on my piece, I was disappointed but love it on this now very much, it is looking nice and delicate :-)))




I am going to do the finishing on my SBEBB 'Stitching Smalls' and Valentine pieces in the near future so won't have much to show you for a little while yet. I am also starting another SAL it is a Blackbird Design but as yet my supplies have not arrived which is a shame. I am impatient to get going with it as everyone else got started on the 10th or there-abouts, I now have some catching up to do!!

Sharon, I will post the finish (I have not forgotten but have lacked time).

Enjoy your stitching ladies and I will be back fairly soon :-))


Have a great week!!

20 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

Gorgeous needlebook from Cathy :) Congratulations :)

Your EOL is looking VERY nice :)

1:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've made a lovely start on Emblem of Love. You're inspiring me to dig mine out again and make some progress on it :)

7:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen ! your first stitches on EoL are so gorgeous ! I LOVE those colors and they match the fabric so well ! What a fabulous project ! can't wait to see your Blackbird Sal ;-)

8:25 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Your EoL is looking gorgeous and the quaker exchange is lovely

10:30 am  
Blogger glamlawlib said...

Lovely quaker exchange, beautiful blue. I really like EoL too. Glad your trapped nerve is better :)

12:33 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a lovely exchange gift! And the extras you received are wonderful.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Wow, if that is slow stitching...I'd like to see fast! LOL! You're EoL is just gorgeous!
I am the proud owner of a piece stitched by Cathy too...aren't we lucky?!
Great pictures, I always love coming to your site to see your updates as the pictures are just lovely!
:)

1:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely needlebook. Your Emblem of Love is just awesome, you've gotten a lot finished on it already.

2:07 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

Lovely gift from Cathy! I just got a gorgeous PIF from her.

You Emblems of Love is coming along beautifully. I may have to add it to my wish list :-).

2:15 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Cathy did an amazing job on that needlebook! I am so glad you're feeling better at last. Your EoL is off to a wonderful start!

4:25 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

EoL is looking wondrful - well done you. Love the exchange piece you received from Cathy and I'm looking forard to seeing yours.

4:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The needlebook is gorgeous and your EoL is beautiful

7:09 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen, I just love your Emblem of Love!! How pretty and I am also so very happy to hear that you are feeling much better! I too am feeling better as my cold is going away FINALLY! The colors on this are just really pretty!! Great job and I have missed you! Debby

3:06 am  
Blogger Von said...

Cathy's stitching is excellent, as is your work. I always am amazed at how well you photograph your work, Helen! Just lovely.

4:29 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a beautiful exchange you've received! It's a treasure!

I have to get busy with my upcoming exchange stitching, too!

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
Your little Quaker needlebook is so pretty. I love that colour. I can't wait to see what you stitched :>)
Emblem of friendship looks just right on that fabric. It's funny how things work out!
It must be so frustrating for you and your mum to be waiting for your SAL supplies. Keeping my fingers crossed they arrive soon.
Hugs, Angela

7:23 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

What a gorgeous exchange piece! So beautiful :)

And EOL is looking lovely too - such soft colours.

8:45 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh dear friend of mine you come up with the most lovely projects. i should be so talented!

6:20 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Sorry I missed this post, Helen! What a gorgeous Quaker needle book you received! You ladies are all so talented! I love that display cabinet of yours!

9:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy's needlebook is lovely, specially the light blue color

and i fall in love with EoL ... yes, i'm in love :D

12:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger