I got my pan out and into that I put just 3 decent sized teaspoonfuls of instant coffee.
Then I added some cold water and brought it to the boil.
Next I put in the square of linen and stirred it about so it was immersed and boiled it for 10 minutes.
When the 10 minutes were up I moved the pan and carefully holding the linen with a wooden spoon I pored the coffee water down the sink.
Next I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed the piece of linen under the running tap till the water ran clear.
As it was a small piece of linen I decided to iron it dry on a clean towel, this picture shows it still wet.
This picture shows it all ironed and dry, the colour is actually very even which did surprise me and I was pleased about that. The actual colour in the end is just slightly lighter than the one above where it is shown still wet.
This picture is to show the comparison of the starting shade and the end result
Hey presto........I have my own cafe kona coloured linen all in about 15 minutes, I was really pleased as the colour is lovely in real life. Now, if I get the time I will show you later today what I stitched on this, if not I will get it on soon.
Back soon ;-))