***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 14 December 2006

Meet Cromwell...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This is Cromwell the snowman that I actually stitched in 2003 as a gift, I framed him myself. I think from memory he was a limited edition but I cannot now find the chart to say who the designer was but maybe it was Heart in Hand? He is stitched on 32ct raw linen using overdyed threads. I think snowmen are a bit boring to stitch at times and I never feel I like how the white crosses look but this one had a couple of different stitched in the tree and I loved his buttons, he looks kind of rustic which I feel is the best look for snowmen :)) I stitched him when I was at my brother and SIL's house and he was a kit.




Seen as I am bringing Christmas decs out I thought I'd put this wreath I made on to show you. I made this a few years ago as well and it was very good fun to do. I am amazed it has stayed together for so long. I found all the little fir cones on a walk I did a long time ago so used them on this and made the wee parcels myself.





Back soon!!Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
Cromwell is so sweet I love the way he has turned out.The button trim looks great. I have a terrible time with white, it always looks like that detergent advert... Do your whites always look grey.....sadly, yes. Haha!
Lovely festive wreath too, I love teeny pine cones.
Angela

8:21 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Cromwell is very cute!

4:52 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

I agree on the white crosses too - mine always look messy, I don't know what it is about white. He looks really good though. Like the buttons too! :)

8:35 am  
Blogger cathymk said...

He's just gorgeous! Congratulations!

10:31 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

I hate stitching a lot of white too for simply that reason. Cromwell is sweet. I think he's Trilogy!!

Your wreath is holding up really well.

3:55 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

I love Cromwell, he's just divine! And your wreath is lovely - I do so love to see Christmas decos coming out to play! :D

12:00 am  
Blogger Anita said...

This snowman is very cute and I like the way you framed it.

As far as the bless ewe in my blog, it is not a Shepherd's bush design, it is a pine mountain design, here is the URL for it.

http://www.pinemtndesigns.com/p_prodDetails.asp?pID=112&category=0&subcategory=0&size=0&search=&page=

1:32 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Cromwell is a cutie and I love the wreath as well!
:o)

2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger