What was stitched
I changed it a bit as it was originally charted for Merry's grandaughter so the bottom section I put 25 and 12 for the date, I put the year in the top space and made my own free hand stitching for the Glad tidings trying to copy the style of the writing above it. I also added a holly bough and some trees and stars to the bottom section. I used a plain red silk to line the back and stitched it all together instead of glue as I feel it would stay put for longer that way ;) For the ribbon, I chose a dark red silk one I had, plus the fact I could not find a suitable green one anywhere, but I figured it picks out the tiny 1/1 holly berries quite nicely in real life. I have tried to show them more with this bigger picture below.
Altogether I do really like it, which is good, as I intend giving it for a gift to some-one. The pictures show the colour of my own coffee dyed 40ct really well, so you can get the idea of the 'real' shade alot better from these. I feel pleased as it is indeed home-made :-))))))
An update on the exchange stitching.....All stitching is completed for all 4 pieces the xmas one was posted on Tuesday the official mailing date. I will show what I made for that when it arrives to the recipient. The others are still waiting to be made into the various items, I still have plenty of time as the next posting date is 10th January. I will do them once the holidays start so I have more time in one long run, rather than a few minutes here and there which is what it feels like at the moment for me and probably everyone else :))