***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 8 December 2006

What was stitched

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI had decided at the beginning of October that I wanted to stitch all the Merry Cox Christmas Ornaments from the various JCS xmas ornie mags. I had been meaning to do them each year but it didn't happen. I didn't have the 2001 mag so when my sister Su came over to see us and go to The Show at Newcastle she brought me the magazine as she had two of them. I tried at this show to get the Gloriana silk threads but had no luck, I had tried different UK shops but no luck, I tried a lady who I know always stocks them but she didn't have 'Winter Woods'. I started the 2001 ornie after the 2004 one and as I only had a tiny bit of winter woods initially, I have ran out and got another ordered, otherwise...I would have had two ornies to show you. This one below is from the 2004 JCS ornie mag.




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI changed it a bit as it was originally charted for Merry's grandaughter so the bottom section I put 25 and 12 for the date, I put the year in the top space and made my own free hand stitching for the Glad tidings trying to copy the style of the writing above it. I also added a holly bough and some trees and stars to the bottom section. I used a plain red silk to line the back and stitched it all together instead of glue as I feel it would stay put for longer that way ;) For the ribbon, I chose a dark red silk one I had, plus the fact I could not find a suitable green one anywhere, but I figured it picks out the tiny 1/1 holly berries quite nicely in real life. I have tried to show them more with this bigger picture below.




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingAltogether I do really like it, which is good, as I intend giving it for a gift to some-one. The pictures show the colour of my own coffee dyed 40ct really well, so you can get the idea of the 'real' shade alot better from these. I feel pleased as it is indeed home-made :-))))))

An update on the exchange stitching.....All stitching is completed for all 4 pieces the xmas one was posted on Tuesday the official mailing date. I will show what I made for that when it arrives to the recipient. The others are still waiting to be made into the various items, I still have plenty of time as the next posting date is 10th January. I will do them once the holidays start so I have more time in one long run, rather than a few minutes here and there which is what it feels like at the moment for me and probably everyone else :))

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have a great weekend everybody !!

22 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Oh its beautiful I love it and I love the red ribbon.

Love your blog graphics too.

2:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done Helen ! fabric color matches so well with the design
and i like the way your finish
really nice !

4:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this. It is so pretty.

6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this. It is so pretty.

6:23 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Oh it's gorgeous! I love it :) Beautifully done and it's so nice that it's using your hand-dyed fabric. Wow :)

9:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
I love this design and you have made such a beautiful job of it. I really like the little changes you have made, too. Beautifully finished.
Warm wishes, Angela

10:44 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Just beautiful Helen! I have a secret desire to stitch all of Merry's ornaments too!!! I think I have Winter Woods, and so wish I had known you were seeking it! I think I have it for a Jeannette Douglas design. Argh. SB&B carries the Gloriana's in the small half skeins, in case you need them in the future... much less expensive that way.

11:49 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

PS - love your hand dyed fabric - well done you!

11:49 pm  
Blogger Raj said...

Those look great.

11:51 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, I love it when a project comes together so beautifully! :D Enjoy your weekend!

3:44 am  
Blogger Anne S said...

Your Merry Cox ornie is gorgeous - you did a great job with it ... and on your own dyed fabric too, that's awesome! :D

3:52 am  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, I love it when a project comes together so beautifully! :D Enjoy your weekend!

4:41 am  
Blogger cathymk said...

Congratulations Helen!! It's gorgeous - this is one that I like but as I won't be having grandchildren I've not really considered stitching it seriously before. I like your modification!

10:53 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

I just love this one that you did and the fabric turned out just perfect on the color. I may try doing some of the coloring as sometimes my LNS just doesn't have quite the right shade. Your project is just really cute!!!

Debby

5:31 am  
Blogger Julie said...

Brilliant tip with the coffee and you presented the step-by-step instructions really well. You're very brave to try it in the first place!

7:51 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

what a gorgeous ornament Helen, and isn't it fun to create your hand dyed fabric :) Love your new blog look too.

8:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your Christmas blog is just wonderful, as your MC ornament

3:52 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

First of all: I think your hand-dyed fabbie is to die for. Well done you! And the Christmas ornie is just gorgeous. One of my favourites! Beautiful finishing. As always :o)

12:41 pm  
Blogger Lucy said...

Saw your blog comment on another site and thought I would visit. You have some beautiful things you've stitched! I love homespun anyway so this is a great blog.

5:34 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Lovely ornie Helen, congratulations

6:21 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I love this ornament, Helen!!

7:58 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi
I like this thing you have made and I love all of the blinkes you have.
amy xx

6:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger