***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday 31 December 2006

See you in 2007

I have heard that this has arrived to my friend so I can show it to you now :-)



I stitched this 1/1 with Needlepaints 1004 which is beautiful thread to stitch with...it is the JBW Christmas Motif Sampler and it was really nice to stitch. I made up the shape of the ornie myself and had decided to have a go at making a tassel finish in the style I had seen on Nataliejo's blog. I had never made a tassel before so had no instructions but I was delighted with how it turned out for my first attempt. You would have laughed if you had seen me with all the strands of thread spread out on my leg before I got them fastened together ;-) The back of the ornie has a co-ordinating fabric and a pearl bead at the back of the cream band.




Now and again I think you do something you are very proud of and this is one of my such things, having only made one ornie before (the MC 2004 one below). The whole thing did take me a while as I have been suffering from a trapped nerve in my upper spine that really affected my left arm and has been so painful and keeping me awake for over 3 weeks on a night when I've tried to sleep. I have had four sessions with an oesteopath and now eventually I am feeling some relief and am stitching again which is great :-))

Add Image
I have since made one more ornie which I will show in my next posting and I have started to stitch With my Needle 'Emblem of Love'...Carol and Karen were the enablers for that one as I have loved seeing it on their blogs. I am doing it as SAL with my Mum, so no pressure ;-) I hope I do persevere with it as it is a big project for me although probabaly not to some peoples standards!! We will see if I get it done along with all my other great plans...lol. One of the things on my agenda for early this coming year is my MC Shaker Spool Holder as I really want to get that done!!


Sharon, yes, I will share how I did the wall hanging finish when I have a bit more time...maybe next week as I did photograph how I did it :)

So for now I would like to wish you all a really Very Happy New Year with all good wishes for 2007 :-))) Take care and thank-you once again for all of your lovely visits and especially to those of you who can and do comment, I love 'meeting' you all.


See you soon!!

29 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Wow Helen... That is truly stunning... Exquisite! Great, great job :)

11:18 am  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its lovely Helen, I can see why you are so proud of it.
Happy New Year to you all too, I'll ring you at midnight!!
Hugs

11:50 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Happy New Year! I love your ornament - what a beautiful finish on it! And I cannot wait to see your EoL!

3:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen,
What very lucky friends you have. This is such a pretty way of finishing this design. I love the thread you have used. Is your fabric sparkly?xIt seems to have a little twinkle in it or maybe you sewed that in as you were stitching ;>)
Warm wishes, Angela

4:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful ornament. Such pretty stitching, you did a wonderful job. Emblem of Love should be really fun to stitch, I watched Carol and Karen stitch theirs also and I love the piece.

4:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Helen !!!
Your finishing is absolutely stunning ! you did a great job on this first attempt !!
I can't wait to see your Spool Holder finished !!

4:56 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Your ornie is lovely Helen, congratulations. I hope your back improves soon. Happy new year

5:15 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a beautiful ornament and as always such a lovely presentation.
Sorry to hear about your health problems and glad that your visits to the oesteopath seem to be helping.
Wishing you and all your loved ones a very healthy & happy New Year 2007.
Margaret

5:42 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It turned out beautifully, and I love the shape you finished it in. Have a Happy New Year, and hopefully the trapped nerve gets better and will not cause you anymore problems.
Sue

5:48 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

What a gorgeous ornament - it really is beautiful. You're very talented :)

I hope the trapped nerve eases soon - I had exactly the same a few months ago and it's so painful and frustrating {{{hugs}}}

Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

10:02 pm  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Beuatiful ornament Helen! Your finishing is superb!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

12:23 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is a wonderful ornament....Happy New Year!!!

1:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...!!!!
Happy new year to you ;-)

10:00 am  
Blogger Andrea said...

A beautiful ornament. Congratulations.

Happy New Year!

5:14 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

Gorgeous ornament. I love it. So neat! Happy, safe and prosperous New Year to you and your family. x

6:45 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Helen: You did a really great job on your ornament!! How pretty it is!! I love the tassel too!! Hope you are feeling better! I have caught a holiday cold but am doing ok. Hope you have a wonderful 2007! Debby

8:47 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Wow, your ornie finish is absolutely gorgeous! It is seriously a stunner! :D

10:12 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

What a lovely post, Helen! GORGEOUS ORNIE!!! Lovely tassle, too.
I do hope your back and arm get better really soon. We can't have that, can we?
A very happy New Year to you and yours!

2:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tout est magnifique, bravo!!!

have a happy Year 2007!

9:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your ornament is just gorgeous, Helen !
i hope you feel better now
and i wish you and all your family and Veronica, a wonderful new year

11:02 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy new year to you! The ornie is beautiful as is all you do! Hugs!

1:54 pm  
Blogger Leah said...

You make such beautiful things! And of course this is no exception!!

4:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
Your ornament finish is beautiful! I've not done anything more than stitch that same chart - now I know how I want to totally finish it.

5:43 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I just have to say how beautiful this ornament is. You must be thrilled with how it turned out! Great job! :)

7:36 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

It really came out beautiful, love the shape and the tassel, they just add that extra something that makes it special!

5:33 pm  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

love this finish. What a great shape for this design and the tassel is perfect for it. Hope the holidays were fun for you. Happy Stitching, CJ

5:53 am  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, lovely work as always - such an unusual shape - love it!

I'm so looking forward to admiring many more gorgeous projects from your nimble fingers this year! Hugs :D

6:10 am  
Blogger Meari said...

I hope your pain has subsided. I know what that's like. Your ornie turned out beautfil. Well done.

11:59 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Your ornament is spectacular!! And I love that pattern : )

Happy New year

1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger