***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 13 June 2006

Mail Art Exchange

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI have done a mail art exchange with Su and now it has arrived I can show you the pictures. Our theme was Summer and we decided to mail them this week instead of the 1st day of summer (21st) as we had both finished and were excited to see what each other had come up with. This is the first mail art I have done and I thoroughly enjoyed it...my 1st picture shows the front before it was sent of course.




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis picture shows the lining fabric and the back with the envelope flap up and the little summer verse I made up just so there was a surprise when it was opened. I used nice buttons on this as I knew Su would love them.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis picture is just to show a closer view of the verse, I used over dyed threads on this envelope and took my main inspiration from a Shepherds Bush chart I had but I modified and adapted it quite a bit so it would fit. I used smyrna stitches for the flower centres and the little row of purple tiny flowers.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThe last picture is a full view of the back including the pink shell button that I used to seal it down ready for its journey in the mail.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI am so pleased that you love it Su...and to know it made your day :-)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Its even more pretty in real life, I adore it, I hope mine comes to you tomorrow!!!

10:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching and a lovely mail art.

11:31 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

would have never guessed it was your first mailart. It is quite lovely.

11:59 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

It's beautiful! That's got to be one of the prettiest mail art envelopes I've ever seen :) Love the verse and all the buttons.

The rose sachet is lovey too. You do some beautiful things :)

12:27 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

This is so beautiful! I told Su on her blog that it's the nicest MA I've seen in a long while.

12:59 am  
Blogger Wawanna said...

Love your blog, it is elegant, beautiful, and very 1st class! You have done a super job! I have been struggling with mine.

3:31 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Helen, it is sooo beautiful. You do such exquisite work!

9:54 am  
Blogger Von said...

You've done a magnificent job on your very first mail art. I can see that your family has wayyyy more than your share of stitching talent!

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger