***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 31 May 2006

Ornament finish

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


This is from a french chart I have had lurking in the 'to do for DD one day' pile..... I have stitched it on a lilac gingham linen that I think is 32ct with Needle Necessities overdyed thread (2 strands over 2 ). It is a gift for my 7yr old DD who has chosen the colours (not really my taste) herself. I just did as I was told !


This was the first time I have finished something with a Pinkeep/Ornament type of finish ... a practice run shall we say for when I do a 'real' one. I think it is has come out pretty well for my first try. I used a beaded edging which I stitched on, instead of pins to keep the fun element also for safety. I attached a ribbon so it can be a hanging ornie.


This would look lovely (much better if I dare say ) done 1/1 on a fine count antique white linen with the redwork red colour silk , I will do that if I ever stitch this again.
It was a bit boring to do and it actually took me a bit (a lot) longer to stitch than I had first thought. BUT it's surprising just how many crosses there are on this piece!! I really liked doing the finishing though :-))



Have a good week...back soon :-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Its really lovely Helen, the beading finish suits it perfectly and I love the thread that you used.

10:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice ornament! I love the color you used. :)

3:54 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

beautiful ornament! Love the colors

5:12 am  
Blogger Von said...

What a wonderful little touch you've added to the back of your ornament! It's beautiful. :D

8:46 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, this is just lovely!!!

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger