***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday 8 June 2006

Journey to the sea...

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingI have just collected this picture from the framers today but I stitched it long ago in 2003... It was originally meant it to be a gift for a special friend from Cumbria ... mmmm...I guess I am keeping it now...lol...it is going to look very nice in my bathroom.



Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingIt is stitched this on 28ct lambswool linen , I could not get the stated fabric. I used mainly DMC threads as I didn't have many overdyed threads back then (still haven't). No.12 perle is used for the seagulls and the waves, if you look closely you will see the sea is actually the alphabet.




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingThe above picture shows a close up of the glass looking lighthouse charm, it is a crystal treasure by Mill Hill. I might buy two sailboat buttons to attach to the bottom of the frame but I had a bit of trouble trying to get them before so I might not bother.



Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting The chart for this is 'Sweet Nothings' by JBW Designs called Journey To The Sea                                        


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh, this is such a lovely piece, and perfect for a bathroom indeed. I just love that the sea is made up of an alphabet. Lovely!

11:05 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Okay, Helen, I NEED this chart to go in MY maritime-themed bathroom! I've never seen it before! Who is it by? And, as always, great stitching. The idea of attaching the two buttons to the frame sounds neat!

1:29 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Its really nice this Helen the frame looks great, if you are looking for a home for it, there is a space in my bathroom where it could live LOL!!!

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stitching on a darling design.

7:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger