***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday 16 December 2006

Christmas Ornament Exchange Part 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I heard today that my SBEBB Christmas exchange has arrived safely to Linda in Singapore. Linda hasn't opened the little extra parcels I sent so I can't show them...lol. Here is what I made for her...it is January Snowman from Ewe and Eye and Friends. I stitched a snowman as on the list of preferences Linda had said she would like a snowman.




This is stitched on 32ct natural linen with the stated Anchor threads, which by the way I really liked stitching with, they don't knot like DMC ones! This is a nice snowman to stitch as he is interesting to do...his hat is made up of a row of smyrna crosses then a row of satin stitch alternating with the different colours. The snowflakes falling are also smyrna crosses and his lovely scarf is all satin stitch. It really gives him good texture IRL. He is stitched with one strand except the special stitches so for once a white coloured snowman who's crosses look quite neat and orderly :))) I have tried to show his details on this not very good photo.




I finished him into the wall hanging as it suited the red border around him for a nice Christmas look and I somehow thought Linda would like that type of finish (I think I got it right there didn't I...lol):) Plus I had just got that lovely cotton cording in York the day before I finished him and wanted to use that (do you recognise the same cording on the heart Mum did me?) I originally finished him with a 'no sew' finish but me being me had to end up stitching him even though I used that method as I like to make sure it will stay together forever!!




Have a great weekend everyone, we are off shopping...to the crowds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

21 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

He's lovely Helen, I love how you have finished him, what a lovely exchange sent and received.

1:06 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

How cute. Another perfect finish. Well done. Hope the shopping went well. Have a good weekend. x

6:28 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

That is such a cute ornament, Helen!!

I hope your shopping went well. As for me, I'll stick to online!!

9:34 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

What a beautiful snowman - and your finishing is awesome! :D Yet another fantastic exchange completed :D

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed looking at the blog. Very beautiful work and nice to see how it all comes together as I don't often get to see it except on Helens' computer. Mum xx

11:52 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

You did a beautiful job stitching and finishing this lovely ornament!

1:58 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Gorgeous ornie Helen, congratulations

3:18 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Adorable - good job Helen!

6:00 pm  
Blogger moomoo said...

I am displaying your ornament at my office. My colleague who is also a keen stitcher, likes your work too!

Cheers.

6:33 am  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is so cute....nice job finishing it too!!! I love snowmen x-stitch!

8:07 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

Your snowman turned out lovely. :)

11:40 pm  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

You have to be one of the, if not the, nicest person on earth. Thank you so much for my ornament which I received yesterday and is hanging on my tree and can be seen in my blog. Lots of love Patti xxx

1:01 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Your snowman turned out very cute. I particularly like the two red cardinals!

4:45 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How cute is that little snowman! It's adorable and so wonderfully finished as ususal!
:D

2:58 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What cute ornaments!!

7:55 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What an adorable snowman! Can't go wrong with one of those little flakey fellas!

10:38 pm  
Blogger Anita said...

the snowman is so cute and you did a great job on the finishing. Merry christmas and happy new year to you and your family.

5:08 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

Hi Helen, I just discovered your blog .. wonderful stitching! I love that snowman .. he has such personality! Thanks for sharing him with us :)

7:43 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your snowman ornament turned out beautifully! Love it-do you mind sharing your fininihing method?

1:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice stitching AND finishing. I'm sure she'll love it.

4:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice stitching AND finishing. I'm sure she'll love it.

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger