***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 17 November 2006

Just a little something.....



...to look at whilst I am doing my secret stitching. This was the MA envelope (before stamps) that I did for the card I sent to Annemarie for her birthday. It was a little late getting to her in the end even though I thought I had sent it in time but that just made her birthday last longer :) The design is from one of my Mary Garry charts 'She Who Sews', I altered a couple of colours here and there but nothing major. I absolutely love this as the whole sampler and must stitch the full thing at some point as I do love the Mary Garry charts :-))

This next picture shows the back of the envelope, on it I stitched both mine and Annemaries initials as you can see. I did also add the little black dog as a slightly wacky bit for Annemarie it represents my 'white' dog Hamish after he comes in from the garden on these rainy days...lol I lined the inside with cotton fabric in a toning colour of a pinky-red.





I am doing fine with my secret exchange stitching and have finished stitching the Christmas exchange piece and will finish it into some secret thing this weekend. I am now onto my Winter Quaker exchange piece, this has to blue linen with white thread or white linen with blue thread. Can you guess which combination I have chosen?? Whilst I am asking questions...I am very curious as to how many hours per day you all manage to stitch, do you sit all day or just a couple of hours?? For myself, ahem, I maybe snatch a bit of time on an evening and I'm sad to say some days go by when I do none as I either don't have or make the time to fit it in. After this quaker exchange I have 2 more exchanges to stitch which are a Needlework Smalls one and a Valentine one and I'm going to hopefully be really good and get them all done and at the ready ;-))

Lastly but my no means least, I want to say a huge THANK-YOU for all the amazing comments I got on the previous posting, I feel quite overwhelmed and seriously chuffed that you all liked it so much. I'd like to say Hello to the new visitors to my blog it is nice to 'meet' you and if I haven't already I will be popping over to 'your' (blog) place for a visit soon :-))

Well thats it for now...have a great weekend and I will be back in a week or so... although I'm not sure what pictures I can show as everything is top secret at the moment... but I'm sure I'll find something ;-))

16 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You do such amazingly lovely work!

1:16 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oooh, this looks very familiar! It's funny that I'm looking at the pics and seeing it IRL as well! I still love it, Helen.
And while we're at it, flue has prevented me from doing any real blog reading, so I missed your last post, but oh my, have you outdone yourself this time! What an amaaaazing stitcher's case. You're a true inspiration!

4:54 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

What a fabulous MA! You do GREAT stitching!! Have a great time away - see you in a week or so!

9:16 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Wonderful mail art! I know Annemarie adores it! Amy's blog is wonderful!!

9:35 pm  
Blogger Anne S said...

Love your MA for Annemarie - it looks great :) As for stitching time, it depends on my shifts and my mood - sometimes I'm lucky to get an hour in, sometimes I'm lucky in that I stitch the entire day from dawn to dusk ;) Then again like this week I haven't touched a needle for days between sessions ...

11:58 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

I love your Blog Mum. Homespun Hearts.... Is a lovly name for a Blog. Most importantly do you like mine?

1:33 pm  
Blogger Barb said...

I love that Stitcher case. Great job on it!

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty envelope. Very nice.

6:18 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

So creative and pretty! I know A. loves it!

7:38 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

I am very fortunate, I can usually stitch 3-4 hours a day so long as I don't spend too much time on the computer, LOL. I love the mailart!

9:12 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So, so pretty my dear! good going!

8:57 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So, so pretty my dear! good going!

8:57 pm  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Very Cute, I love the added touch of the little dog.
Sue

1:33 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely MA, Lena! Your exchange recipients are all incredibly lucky, you know :) As for stitching time, like you I keep struggling for time. I'm in the exact same position - love to snatch a few moments to stitch in the evenings, but that does not happen every day those days!
(((hugs)))

9:56 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Lovely MailArt, congratulations.

As far as stitching time goes at the moment I'm getting a fair bit done as I'm currently out of work and my DH works away from home a lot so I can get 3-4 hours a day in. When I'm working I will usually try to get an hour done in the evening as some stitching time does wonders for my stress levels :)

11:50 am  
Blogger Meari said...

It's lovely envelope with nice touches: your initials and dog. Cute :D

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger